"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor

Nineteen of Alabama’s 67 counties currently have a positivity rate higher than 50% - meaning more than half of all tests performed in those counties are coming back positive. No county has a higher rate than Chilton County, south of Birmingham, with a positivity rate of 58.8%.

Not surprising but still... :smh:

And of course all the highly infected counties are outside of the black belt.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(22)00090-3

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I give her and Biden credit for doing what they can because the Supreme Court and Republicans are just fucking up shit all over the place. At this point I would just stand back and let these stupid assholes (Republicans and anti-VAX) jump over the cliff
Is Fauci a Democrat or Republican?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And more importantly where are his tax returns???

The public deserves to know!!!
The money he was paid to flip flop won’t ever be reported because he would be under investigation for tax evasion. I’m sure his handlers will take care of that since he has been under their employ for 60 years as a government agent.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Public outrage over the unvaccinated is driving a crisis in bioethics
Pandemic brings 'unprecedented disagreements' among doctors over how to triage those who refused the shot

Schuklenk said that, given the proliferation of triage criteria, he can understand why some feel "you might count vaccination status as a tiebreaker. Why not?"

He noted that recent opinion research suggests the public is on board with the idea.

"We know what doctors would say ... they would say the same thing that I would tell you," he said. "However, when you talk to the people that actually finance these health care systems — the citizens, the people — overwhelmingly, they tell you that you should discriminate against people that are unvaccinated.

"That raises really interesting questions about democracy. It may be that the doctors are the gatekeepers, but the truth is that we pay the bills. So if the vast majority of people in the country think that should happen, should that have an impact?

"I don't think it should happen, but it's worth thinking about anyhow."

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Checking in again

another situation

On friday, one of the daughters went to her mother(Ms. Mask) job to get tested.
Sinus was acting up pretty bad.
Ms. Mask gives her the test, negative(Ms. Mask not a doctor, tho)
The doctor over her said, “ummm with her sinus issue, something ain’t right.
Doc gives her a test, negative

well yesterday, she started feel worse
Sinus pressure had her forehead ready to pop.
So last night she took some Tylenol and went rest.
This morning she came get a home test. Sinus all messed up, sunlight hurting her eyes etc…..

she takes the test, comes back positive…

she’s a repeat offender,
(caught it in 2020)

oh and yea she’s vaccinated(I know that matters to many of us here)

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Checking in again

another situation

On friday, one of the daughters went to her mother(Ms. Mask) job to get tested.
Sinus was acting up pretty bad.
Ms. Mask gives her the test, negative(Ms. Mask not a doctor, tho)
The doctor over her said, “ummm with her sinus issue, something ain’t right.
Doc gives her a test, negative

well yesterday, she started feel worse
Sinus pressure had her forehead ready to pop.
So last night she took some Tylenol and went rest.
This morning she came get a home test. Sinus all messed up, sunlight hurting her eyes etc…..

she takes the test, comes back positive…

she’s a repeat offender,
(caught it in 2020)

oh and yea she’s vaccinated(I know that matters to many of us here)
Hope she recovers quickly :thumbsup:

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Public outrage over the unvaccinated is driving a crisis in bioethics
Pandemic brings 'unprecedented disagreements' among doctors over how to triage those who refused the shot

Schuklenk said that, given the proliferation of triage criteria, he can understand why some feel "you might count vaccination status as a tiebreaker. Why not?"

He noted that recent opinion research suggests the public is on board with the idea.

"We know what doctors would say ... they would say the same thing that I would tell you," he said. "However, when you talk to the people that actually finance these health care systems — the citizens, the people — overwhelmingly, they tell you that you should discriminate against people that are unvaccinated.

"That raises really interesting questions about democracy. It may be that the doctors are the gatekeepers, but the truth is that we pay the bills. So if the vast majority of people in the country think that should happen, should that have an impact?

"I don't think it should happen, but it's worth thinking about anyhow."
But shouldn't it be a factor? If it really came down to it, that is.

I'm not talking about from a "punish the unvaccinated" perspective. Just a scientific one.

If vaccinated people are more likely to have less symptoms, and they are less likely to die from an infection, then wouldn't it be proper triage criteria to treat one them over, say, an unvaccinated person that might have a harder time?

Of course, this is my BS layman's thinking, and I have no idea if the probability plays out that way when a breakthrough infection happens. SO that could be a load of crap. I'm just saying that there's more to consider.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
But shouldn't it be a factor? If it really came down to it, that is.

I'm not talking about from a "punish the unvaccinated" perspective. Just a scientific one.

If vaccinated people are more likely to have less symptoms, and they are less likely to die from an infection, then wouldn't it be proper triage criteria to treat one them over, say, an unvaccinated person that might have a harder time?

Of course, this is my BS layman's thinking, and I have no idea if the probability plays out that way when a breakthrough infection happens. SO that could be a load of crap. I'm just saying that there's more to consider.

sista said the ER where she was, the Doctor and nurses would act funny towards the unvaccinated patients

but the day when those vaccinated folks started rolling in, she was looking like Obama sipping that tea
1410829178099_wps_14_Democratic_presidential_c.jpg

I made the Obama part up but she wasn’t to happy about their attitudes towards the unvaccinated