"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Be very careful out the people the numbers are really jumping right now

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member

More than five eateries have been forced to close their doors temporarily after Gov. Abbott allowed restaurants to reopen.
Following Texas governor Greg Abbott’s decision to allow restaurants to reopen at limited capacity, a number of restaurants across the Houston area have been forced to re-shutter their doors temporarily as their employees tested positive for COVID-19.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor

More than five eateries have been forced to close their doors temporarily after Gov. Abbott allowed restaurants to reopen.
Following Texas governor Greg Abbott’s decision to allow restaurants to reopen at limited capacity, a number of restaurants across the Houston area have been forced to re-shutter their doors temporarily as their employees tested positive for COVID-19.
Wow

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don’t think that’s fair
Because a lot of these people are forced to go back to work
They are being cut off unemployment if They don’t go back

Look man, if the government and the private sector is putting a squeeze on you, maybe you should do something about it.

This is your life. This isn’t Oliver Twist asking for more oatmeal.This is your one shot and if you’re comfortable with assholes calling your play so be it.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Look man, if the government and the private sector is putting a squeeze on you, maybe you should do something about it.

This is your life. This isn’t Oliver Twist asking for more oatmeal.This is your one shot and if you’re comfortable with assholes calling your play so be it.

That sounds nice and noble, but what are people with mouths to feed able to do that will put food on their kids table tonight?

SKATTA

International
International Member
Like ive mentioned many,many,many times on this board vitamin D deficiency and obesity has been a pandemic in the black community before covid.
good to see the studies are starting to show that.(even the elderly not exposed to the sunlight)

SKATTA

International
International Member
Though people of all ages are affected by coronavirus, many of those who develop severe complications after contracting it have preexisting medical conditions. According to a CDC report, nearly 90% of adult patients hospitalized with COVID-19 in the US had one or more underlying diseases.

PPL WORRY TOO MUCH..LOL...

IM STILL NOT WEARING A MASK,ARREST ME.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
29451300-8406735-ARIZONA_The_number_of_positive_or_suspected_hospitalized_COVID_1-a-46_1591806081984.jpg

29452828-8406735-image-a-48_1591806096771.jpg

29451284-8406735-image-a-50_1591806155362.jpg

29451308-8406735-image-a-55_1591806239629.jpg

29451360-8406735-image-a-51_1591806191242.jpg

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The numbers been going up for a few weeks now. The scary thing is, I don't think certain states peaked :smh:
Here in Arizona cases are borderline spiking thanks to our dumbass governor jumping the gun and ordering everything to open back up early :smh: plus all the protests too

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
black dude looking like "dont judge me, i'm only here for the letter of reccomendations"
I’m not sure about a recommendation from an illegitimate administration being a badge of honor. That shit is going to be more troublesome like being placed on the sexual predator list.

New cases doesn’t necessarily mean anything. What we need is a list of all the states that are at 50 percent icu capacity, 75 percent, and 90 percent. Being sick isn’t the issue. Being critical is. And unless they are, all it means is that the administration is somewhat ahead of this mess.

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This man is also a doctor. :mad:

Lawmaker asks if ‘colored population’ not washing their hands as well as others behind COVID rates

COLUMBUS —

During a hearing on whether to declare racism a public health crisis, state Sen. Steve Huffman, R-Tipp City, asked if “the colored population” is hit harder by the coronavirus because perhaps they don’t wash their hands as well as other groups.

Huffman, an emergency room physician, asked a witness before the Senate Health Committee on Tuesday why COVID-19 is hitting African Americans harder than white people.

“My point is I understand African Americans have a higher incidence of chronic conditions and it makes them more susceptible to death from COVID. But why it doesn’t make them more susceptible to just get COVID. Could it just be that African Americans or the colored population do not wash their hands as well as other groups or wear a mask or do not socially distance themselves? That could be the explanation of the higher incidence?” he said.

Ohio Commission on Minority Health Director Angela Dawson responded to Huffman: “That is not the opinion of leading medical experts in this country.” COVID-19 impacts the respiratory system so those with chronic conditions are more vulnerable, she said.

Ohio Legislative Black Caucus President Stephanie Howse, D-Cleveland, said Huffman’s word choice and question represent systemic racism.

“He highlights what racism is from a systematic perspective. He’s a full legislator but beyond that, professionally, he’s a doctor. When we talk about the health disparities that happen because black folks aren’t believed when they’re actually hurt, they aren’t given the treatment that they need. Do you think that someone who acknowledges the ‘coloreds’ is going to give the love and care that people need when they come through those doors?” said Howse, who attended the hearing.

She also said Huffman implied that African Americans are dirty and not smart enough to wash their hands.

Huffman said Wednesday that Howse misunderstood his question.

“I was trying to focus on why COVID-19 affects people of color at a higher rate since we really do not know all the reasons,” he said.

State Sen. Cecil Thomas, D-Cincinnati, who serves on the Senate Health Committee, said the audience cringed when Huffman made his remark. “He’s an example of why we have to have this discussion about racism and how it impacts people.”

Resolutions are pending in both the House and Senate to declare racism a public health crisis.

In response to the House resolution, state Rep. Nino Vitale, R-Urbana, on his Facebook page posted a photo of the Ohio Legislative Black Caucus members and commented, “I am darker than MOST of the people in this picture.” He said in his childhood, he was made fun of for his skin color and name, and called a “greasy Italian.”

When asked about the post Wednesday, Vitale said “Do you have any idea about where I grew up or my past history? Look, their resolution is about black and brown people. I’m a brown person. I have a varied opinion on it. I don’t disagree that there are problems in our society. The question is how do we solve them.”

When asked about the post, House Speaker Larry Householder, R-Glenford, said, “I’m not Rep. Vitale and obviously I’m not black so I really can’t tell you how that comment is taken.” He noted that members of the OLBC talked to Vitale.

Howse, though, said the discussion didn’t yield a reason for Vitale’s post. “I will let you know why he did it: It’s an undermining of notion that racism exists.”

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
This man is also a doctor. :mad:

Lawmaker asks if ‘colored population’ not washing their hands as well as others behind COVID rates

COLUMBUS —

During a hearing on whether to declare racism a public health crisis, state Sen. Steve Huffman, R-Tipp City, asked if “the colored population” is hit harder by the coronavirus because perhaps they don’t wash their hands as well as other groups.

Huffman, an emergency room physician, asked a witness before the Senate Health Committee on Tuesday why COVID-19 is hitting African Americans harder than white people.

“My point is I understand African Americans have a higher incidence of chronic conditions and it makes them more susceptible to death from COVID. But why it doesn’t make them more susceptible to just get COVID. Could it just be that African Americans or the colored population do not wash their hands as well as other groups or wear a mask or do not socially distance themselves? That could be the explanation of the higher incidence?” he said.

Ohio Commission on Minority Health Director Angela Dawson responded to Huffman: “That is not the opinion of leading medical experts in this country.” COVID-19 impacts the respiratory system so those with chronic conditions are more vulnerable, she said.

Ohio Legislative Black Caucus President Stephanie Howse, D-Cleveland, said Huffman’s word choice and question represent systemic racism.

“He highlights what racism is from a systematic perspective. He’s a full legislator but beyond that, professionally, he’s a doctor. When we talk about the health disparities that happen because black folks aren’t believed when they’re actually hurt, they aren’t given the treatment that they need. Do you think that someone who acknowledges the ‘coloreds’ is going to give the love and care that people need when they come through those doors?” said Howse, who attended the hearing.

She also said Huffman implied that African Americans are dirty and not smart enough to wash their hands.

Huffman said Wednesday that Howse misunderstood his question.

“I was trying to focus on why COVID-19 affects people of color at a higher rate since we really do not know all the reasons,” he said.

State Sen. Cecil Thomas, D-Cincinnati, who serves on the Senate Health Committee, said the audience cringed when Huffman made his remark. “He’s an example of why we have to have this discussion about racism and how it impacts people.”

Resolutions are pending in both the House and Senate to declare racism a public health crisis.

In response to the House resolution, state Rep. Nino Vitale, R-Urbana, on his Facebook page posted a photo of the Ohio Legislative Black Caucus members and commented, “I am darker than MOST of the people in this picture.” He said in his childhood, he was made fun of for his skin color and name, and called a “greasy Italian.”

When asked about the post Wednesday, Vitale said “Do you have any idea about where I grew up or my past history? Look, their resolution is about black and brown people. I’m a brown person. I have a varied opinion on it. I don’t disagree that there are problems in our society. The question is how do we solve them.”

When asked about the post, House Speaker Larry Householder, R-Glenford, said, “I’m not Rep. Vitale and obviously I’m not black so I really can’t tell you how that comment is taken.” He noted that members of the OLBC talked to Vitale.

Howse, though, said the discussion didn’t yield a reason for Vitale’s post. “I will let you know why he did it: It’s an undermining of notion that racism exists.”

Not washing our hands,it's mostly his people that don't wash their hands and want to look at people funny that open the door with a paper towel...

Another, case of white people think it's their right to spread a disease...