"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
For those of you mentioning countries helping out China with medical supplies when this thing was over there in the early stages...
My country did the same and we are fucking tiny. I questioned why Trinidad would send any masks to China when they make the shit across there in bulk anyway. That was then...

now that the shit has reached here China acknowledged we sent medical supplies when they needed it. They turned around and sent us 4000 test kits, more n95 masks than we sent them, temperature scanners for our ports and medical technical assistance in return...so maybe it’s not so bad after all to help other countries in time of need. Never know when you will need help in return.
Yeah but your president didn't start a dumb ass trade war with the Chinese either.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

512.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
For the MMA / sports fans ... Luke Thomas' show ... he works for Sirius XM & Showtime.

HUNTSVEGAZ

Hip-Hop father
BGOL Investor

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
@4 Dimensional - It's unsure / unclear here at the moment. Lots of news is coming out of Toronto / Ottawa, though my work / workplace here on the westcoast hasn't been impacted at all. Essential services - health care field. No layoffs or closures. We're still staffed 24-7, and our core staffing (regular FT & PT) all have 10 - 20 years of experience with the organization. This April will mark 16 years of experience for me. I talked to my aunt who works part-time with the Vancouver live theater system / venues (concerts, plays, orchestras, high school grads, etc). She wasn't clear about what the government bailout would be either. Their venues have been closed in recent weeks. Here's a CTV News Toronto article from March 24th. Sounds like there's still a massive amount of E.I. applications coming in -

Katherine DeClerq Multi-Platform Writer, CTV News Toronto

Published Tuesday, March 24, 2020 10:13AM EDT Last Updated Tuesday, March 24, 2020 7:29PM EDT

TORONTO -- Nearly a million Canadians have filed for employment insurance (EI) in a single week and long lines have started to appear at Service Canada locations in the Greater Toronto Area.

At the facility located near College and Bathurst streets, the line stretched around the corner, with each person trying to maintain some physical distance while waiting for help.

Those in line say they tried to apply online, but experienced problems so they decided to come to the office.

A government source tells CTV News Toronto 929,000 applications were received between March 16 and March 22. Normally about 45,000 applications would be received in a comparable week.

Thanks for the update. I have seen memes circulating around about what other countries are doing for their citizens, but no valid source to back any claims up. I figured I’d ask a trust worthy source, such as yourself, what’s going on in your area.

Thanks for the updates and continue to be safe out there.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Thanks for the update. I have seen memes circulating around about what other countries are doing for their citizens, but no valid source to back any claims up. I figured I’d ask a trust worthy source, such as yourself, what’s going on in your area.

Thanks for the updates and continue to be safe out there.

Thanks fam' - and you and your loved ones as well in your community.

Yes - it's all a bit overwhelming in regards to all the updates and information.

With our workplace ... I'm just glad they're running a coherent operation across their various locations. The upper admin meet on a daily basis. Sending out faxes, phone calls, memos, emails and visiting locations in person. Good flow of information. We have numerous sanitization / hygiene reminders ... rules to follow. Updated evacuation / isolation protocols in place, etc. Ensuring we maintain good service for our members who are immunocompromised. Same for the pharmacy with the contracts. They have sent out information packages as well. They do once weekly deliveries to locations. Usually on Wed' or Thurs'.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Talked to my dad this morning. Glad to hear he's doing well & following "stay at home" recommendations. Said he had planned to do a quick grocery run this morning just after 7am. Many stores are open to seniors only the first hour. He said he paused and asked himself - "What the fuck are you thinking?" - remembering he still has enough stuff to thaw from the deep freeze. Said he's been calling friends & family and checking in routinely. He's always big on phone calls - always has been. Talked to him for just under 30 mins today. Said he's just keeping busy in house. Has DVR'd a number of shows, and has the stereo on and has been playing assorted CD-R & MP3 mixes I've made for him over the years. He's got an older stereo set-up with the 6-disc changer ... said that one's good for several hours of music. His gf's about 25 mins away, so they check in daily by phone per usual.

:cheers: :giggle:

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
And that dumb ass @Dannyblueyes instead of being in canada he’s out here riding a bike for Uber eats

fucking dumbass

A Canadian dollar is worth about $0.71 US. That makes the Canadian payout about $200 to $300 more than the American one.

Meanwhile I'm in the United States delivering food for people who are too sick to cook for themselves and making sure that the healthy ones don't have to leave home to eat.

Besides shady, don't you live in Illinois? Isn't that a Canadian border state? if you think I'm so stupid for being here then why don't you go up North? As an American you can stay for up to six months without a visa.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Besides shady, don't you live in Illinois? Isn't that a Canadian border state? if you think I'm so stupid for being here then why don't you go up North? As an American you can stay for up to six months without a visa.

I rock with you Blueyes but you had to have flunked US and/or Canadian geography fam:

iu

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A Canadian dollar is worth about $0.71 US. That makes the Canadian payout about $200 to $300 more than the American one.

Meanwhile I'm in the United States delivering food for people who are too sick to cook for themselves and making sure that the healthy ones don't have to leave home to eat.

?

my state doesn’t border Canada