"WW C"- COVID-19, GLOBAL CASES SURPASS 676 MILLION...CASES 676,609,955 DEATHS 6,881,955 US CASES 103,804,263 US DEATHS 1,123,836 8:30pm 1/28/24

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
272041370_1934985683353742_1538545563272018492_n.png

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
37, not vaccinated, caught covid a few weeks ago. wasnt a scary experience, at all. just felt like a common cold (which was expected, cause its in the common cold lane). felt like shit tho. but thats usually how u feel when youre sick. the loss of smell was interesting, but part of that had to be from the buckets of snot/mucus, that i was blowing out of my nose. took me a good 2 weeks to shake it. never had a sinus, throat etc infection last that long. but because its NEW, i understood that my body had to take some time to "learn about it". The 2 week duration was mostly my fault, from my pov.

i was hindering my immune system from doing what its capable of doing. I was smoking weed, instead of vaping it. eating whole pizzas and donuts at 3am (munchies), sleeping for only 4 hrs etc. once i cut the bs, and started drinking lots of water, it seems like my body was eliminating everything via my nose. i was blowing globs of snot like every 45 mins. flushed my sinuses with my alkalol nasal wash stuff last week. now im feeling back to normal.

im no doctor, and im not telling anyone not to get the vaccine, but imho, most should be able to handle covid vaccine or not. if u cant, then, imho, the issue is more so u, than covid.

Every human being is not the same.

We are all individuals when it comes to our bodies.

You got folks out here that start smoking no-filter cigarettes at the age of 14 and live into their 90s still smoking with good health, outliving folks they grew up with and dying of natural causes.

And you got folks who start smoking no-filter cigarettes at 14, and by their 30th birthday they got full blown lung cancer and dead within a year.

Look at Rolling Stone’s Keith Richards and the life he has led with sex, drugs, alcohol and cigarettes.

And look at the long list of celebrities he has outlived.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
The silver lining there is, if we have lost 100k people, 75k will be republican. With 10 months to go until the midterms, the democrats will have a golden opportunity to get rid of DeSantis and Rubio.
Yep majority of those people who died in Florida was in north and central Florida the republican territories (Not including Orange County).

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

Just want to give you props for keeping us informed on what is going north of the border.

Your posts show how deadly this pandemic is globally.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

France’s parliament approved a law Sunday that will exclude unvaccinated people from all restaurants, sports arenas, and other venues — the central measure of government efforts to protect hospitals amid record numbers of infections driven by the highly contagious Omicron variant.

The National Assembly adopted the law by a vote of 215-58. Centrist president Emmanuel Macron had hoped to push the bill through faster, but it was slightly delayed by resistance from lawmakers both on the right and left and hundreds of proposed amendments.

More than 91 per cent of French adults are already fully vaccinated, and some critics have questioned whether the “vaccine pass” will make much of a difference.

Up to now, a COVID-19 pass has been required in France to go to restaurants, movie theatres, museums and many sites throughout the country, but unvaccinated people have been allowed in if they show a recent negative test or proof of recent recovery.
The new law requires full vaccination for such venues, including tourist sites, many trains and all domestic flights, and applies to everyone 16 and over.

Some exceptions could be made for those who recently recovered from COVID-19. The law also imposes tougher fines for fake passes and allows ID checks to avoid fraud.
More than 76 per cent of French ICU beds are occupied by virus patients, most of them unvaccinated, and some 200 people with the virus are dying every day.
Like many countries, France is in the grip of the Omicron variant, recording more than 2,800 positive cases per 100,000 people over the past week.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Exactly. We should follow the DeSantis model and not test. No test = no pandemic, right? :rolleyes:

The sad thing is that this type of thinking has been the norm for the GOP for a while:

Rising sea levels caused by global warming = ban the data

Don't like the data being shared by scientists about the cases and deaths in your state = arrest them

You would think they would have learned by now that you can't bullshit a virus like you can ignorant cacs/coons...

Last edited:

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some interesting reading:

An international metastudy led by researchers at Karolinska Institutet has identified a specific gene variant that protects against severe COVID-19 infection. The researchers managed to pinpoint the variant by studying people of different ancestries, a feat they say highlights the importance of conducting clinical trials that include people of diverse descents. The results are published in the journal Nature Genetics.

In addition to old age and certain underlying diseases, genetics can influence whether we become severely affected or only suffer mild illness from COVID-19. Previous studies on mainly people of European ancestry have found that individuals carrying a particular segment of DNA have a 20 percent lower risk of developing a critical COVID-19 infection. This DNA segment encodes genes in the immune system and is inherited from Neanderthals in about half of all people outside Africa.

We show that a haplotype on chromosome 12, which is associated with a ∼22% reduction in relative risk of becoming severely ill with COVID-19 when infected by SARS-CoV-2, is inherited from Neandertals. This haplotype is present at substantial frequencies in all regions of the world outside Africa. The genomic region where this haplotype occurs encodes proteins that are important during infections with RNA viruses.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Valentine's Day coming soon which will guaranteed cause another surge.

Next month is February.

If you love south of the Mason/Dixon line in America, it starts warming up.

More folks outdoors getting in each other’s face.

Followed by March which leads into the first day of Spring, Spring break and the entire country starting to warm up.

Which will open the door for a new variant to pop up somewhere in the Northern Hemisphere of the Earth to unleash havoc.

It’s gonna be a long hot summer….

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Exactly. We should follow the DeSantis model and not test. No test = no pandemic, right? :rolleyes:

The sad thing is that this type of thinking has been the norm for the GOP for a while:

Rising sea levels caused by global warming = ban the data

Don't like the data being shared by scientists about the cases and deaths in your state = arrest them

You would think they would have learned by now that you can't bullshit a virus like you can ignorant cacs/coons...
:confused:
Are you calling me a coon?

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Some interesting reading:

An international metastudy led by researchers at Karolinska Institutet has identified a specific gene variant that protects against severe COVID-19 infection. The researchers managed to pinpoint the variant by studying people of different ancestries, a feat they say highlights the importance of conducting clinical trials that include people of diverse descents. The results are published in the journal Nature Genetics.

In addition to old age and certain underlying diseases, genetics can influence whether we become severely affected or only suffer mild illness from COVID-19. Previous studies on mainly people of European ancestry have found that individuals carrying a particular segment of DNA have a 20 percent lower risk of developing a critical COVID-19 infection. This DNA segment encodes genes in the immune system and is inherited from Neanderthals in about half of all people outside Africa.

We show that a haplotype on chromosome 12, which is associated with a ∼22% reduction in relative risk of becoming severely ill with COVID-19 when infected by SARS-CoV-2, is inherited from Neandertals. This haplotype is present at substantial frequencies in all regions of the world outside Africa. The genomic region where this haplotype occurs encodes proteins that are important during infections with RNA viruses.

Oddly, it doesn't seem to be helping out the American CAC. They're falling off left and right. :dunno: