BitchI'llKillYa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The Tragic Tale Of The Frankenstein Tesla Model S That Burned Down

Kristen Lee

Today 12:40pm
Filed to:TESLA MODEL S
g8j3krcb9ee0w0hmatjm.png

We all love a good project car story. It’s delightful hearing about that restored MG or the track-reborn Miata. This is a story about a Tesla Model S.

It all started in January 2016, when YouTuber Car Guru purchased a flooded black Tesla Model S for $14,000. He named it Dolores and it became his project car. He pulled pretty much everything out of Dolores. The parts that he didn’t need or were still usable he sold. In fact, he actually made enough money back on Dolores’ parts that he pretty much broke even with how much he paid for it.

Over the course of the next few months, he bought several different salvage Model Ss, stripped them of parts he needed and sold the rest. He figured out how to reassemble everything and built up Dolores again. It’s actually fascinating how he was to suture everything together. Here’s a video from a few days ago outlining all of his costs.

sddefault.jpg

Car Guru asserts that he wasn’t willing to buy a used Model S, CPO or not. He enjoys tinkering around with cars. It’s a hobby. And at the end of six months, he’d have a working car instead of not really anything of value, like other hobbyists.

ADVERTISEMENT

Yesterday, he published another video, which began normally enough. He needed to install an underbody tray and left Dolores plugged in, charging, while he did it. And as he was talking, the Tesla started smoking! Oh, no!

In the video’s caption, he admitted that he should have known better than to work on the car while it was plugged in. He said that we can expect a follow-up video that will explore precisely what went wrong.

sddefault.jpg

You can see more of the build process leading up to this video here.

(h/t to Mark!)

MODEL S

The Tesla Model S Race Car Is A Crazy-Fast Modified Street Car

All Hail The Most Graceful Snow Donuts You May Ever Witness

This Tesla Driver Saved Himself From A Crash Using His Car's Acceleration
Kristen Lee
Writer at Jalopnik and consumer of many noodles.

EmailTwitterPosts

View full discussion
Tweet

Mike In Bmore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks like this dumb-ass Jalopnik writer got taken for a ride by Rich in ludicrous mode. I follow Rich's Youtube channel and dude is something like a genius. And he's funny as hell. His Tesla, Dolores, is not only doing fine, he's rebuilding a second one. Those white boys can't wait for something like this to actually happen to a brother. Fuck them!
Follow Rich's "Car Guru" channel for some good entertainment.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks like this dumb-ass Jalopnik writer got taken for a ride by Rich in ludicrous mode. I follow Rich's Youtube channel and dude is something like a genius. And he's funny as hell. His Tesla, Dolores, is not only doing fine, he's rebuilding a second one. Those white boys can't wait for something like this to actually happen to a brother. Fuck them!
Follow Rich's "Car Guru" channel for some good entertainment.

Horrible video. Takes too long to get to the point, video doesn't show what we want to see when he's talking about it, and slow as fuck.

Following him would drive me insane.

Mike In Bmore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Horrible video. Takes too long to get to the point, video doesn't show what we want to see when he's talking about it, and slow as fuck.

Following him would drive me insane.
At least you gave it a glance. Different strokes for different folks. Can't please everybody. I just want to see more Black Youtubers get their numbers up and get money
like these CACs.

Last edited: