Will We Know The Winner On Election Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My prediction: No one will know on election night.
1. Whomever is losing (Trump or Biden, moreso Trump) refuses to concede until all mail in votes are counted
2. Downstream effect, Gubernatorial, Senate and House races are also delayed as the losers of close races refuse to concede for same reason
3. Market drops on the uncertainty
4. Protests across major cities start by the weekend (hell I say 48 hours). Unfortunately a few lose their life by going too far.
5. If it's still too close within a week, 45 threatens to take legal action
6. Senate, house etc. races end
7. Supreme Court becomes involved by mid-late December
8. Some concedes a week before inauguration and it won't be Trump.
9. EPIC levels of protests begin

Bottom line, unless it's so overwhelming it can't be denied, 45 ain't going down with using everything he got at his disposal. Calling in favors from judges, Secretaries of State etc. The only way he concedes without being willing to take the country down too is if Biden promises to shield him from prosecution after he leaves office.

Oh yeah, all the while you looking at your coworkers, friends, neighbors, grocery shoppers crazy because everyone on higher alert. The 9 part season finale of this awful year starts next Tuesday

Alex_J

BANNED BITCH
Registered
I'm waiting to see what level of violence pops off.

giphy.gif
best case: Biden wins FL and its over early
worst case: its close, Trump calls it, riots/violence breaks out.....the courts hand Biden the L.....more riots/violence...then later it comes out that Biden actually won FL....and Texas....and we on some John Connor resistance shit

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
"When all votes are counted" is a big caveat.

But an election night call seems likely if this forecast comes to fruition.

But maybe it should be "if" rather than "when." Which would possibly indicate a later result.

Last edited:

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
You can put money on this, with a 3 to 1 return if you bet on November 3rd and win. The return is slightly less if you bet November 4th-- more than 2:1-- and 10:1 or better for later possible dates.

The bet is based on both CNN and FOX calling it.

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No matter the results, Trump is going to declare victory. He's gonna have some weird ass equation where some votes don't count so he actually won. And who's gonna stop him?

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
No matter the results, Trump is going to declare victory. He's gonna have some weird ass equation where some votes don't count so he actually won. And who's gonna stop him?

I'm not saying that answers the question of who will stop him but the media seems to be prepared for it.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’ve had this conversation a couple of times today. Living on the East Coast, I’ve known who the President was before I went to sleep by midnight\1am with the exception of 2000.

The projected winner was always announced that night and was the eventual winner.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
My prediction: No one will know on election night.
1. Whomever is losing (Trump or Biden, moreso Trump) refuses to concede until all mail in votes are counted
2. Downstream effect, Gubernatorial, Senate and House races are also delayed as the losers of close races refuse to concede for same reason
3. Market drops on the uncertainty
4. Protests across major cities start by the weekend (hell I say 48 hours). Unfortunately a few lose their life by going too far.
5. If it's still too close within a week, 45 threatens to take legal action
6. Senate, house etc. races end
7. Supreme Court becomes involved by mid-late December
8. Some concedes a week before inauguration and it won't be Trump.
9. EPIC levels of protests begin

Bottom line, unless it's so overwhelming it can't be denied, 45 ain't going down with using everything he got at his disposal. Calling in favors from judges, Secretaries of State etc. The only way he concedes without being willing to take the country down too is if Biden promises to shield him from prosecution after he leaves office.

Oh yeah, all the while you looking at your coworkers, friends, neighbors, grocery shoppers crazy because everyone on higher alert. The 9 part season finale of this awful year starts next Tuesday
refusing to concede and knowing the winner are two different things

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
I’ve had this conversation a couple of times today. Living on the East Coast, I’ve known who the President was before I went to sleep by midnight\1am with the exception of 2000.

The projected winner was always announced that night and was the eventual winner.

What's most ironic about Trump's "winner on election night" bullshit is that didn't even happen in 2016. Check the timestamp in the election call tweet in the OP.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
I was looking at 538 and they give Trump a 74% chance of winning if he takes Pennsylvania!

Biden has a 96% chance of winning if he takes it!

So their shitty vote counting structure will be pivotal.

If they count votes in time and Trump takes that state and Wisconsin, he could wrap it up on election night.

He has a 70% chance of winning if he takes Wisconsin. Vs 96% for Biden.

92% chance for Trump if he takes Pennsylvania and Florida.

Lots of possibly determinative states on the east coast.

So much for an early night.

If Trump wins Florida, he’d shoot up to a 33 percent chance of winning the Electoral College, per our choose-your-own adventure interactive. The key question, of course, is how much a pro-Trump polling error in Florida would translate to other states.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Trump is way ahead in the betting odds.

like I said above, they already knew what was going down. This is all political theatre.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
NATHANIEL RAKICH
NOV. 3, 11:13 PM
As you plan your sleep schedule for the rest of the week: We should have near-complete unofficial results from Wisconsin early tomorrow morning, as Milwaukee is expected to finish counting around 6 a.m. Eastern. Michigan originally said it would take until Friday to count all of its votes, but officials have revised that estimate to say they’ll be done tomorrow as well. Finally, Pennsylvania results probably won’t be known until Friday.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was wrong, I thought a winner would’ve been announced. The only time I can recall going to sleep and not knowing a winner was back in 2000.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
49% said this would be over by tonight.

Over 57% said we would know by now.