Will Harvey Weinstein get the Cosby treatment? Decades of Alleged Sexual Assault and Harassment

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I read writes ups on some of the testimony from the Jane Joes and yeah, according to testimony, there was force used. He'd tell them what he wanted to do and them if they said no or tried to extricate themselves from the situation he'd throw them on a bed or back them up into a counter or some shit and finger them and try to fuck, and they'd be crying or saying no. Again, this is their testimony, although as with Cosby, I have no doubt that there are gonna be some false accusations from people jumping on the bandwagon, I also am pretty sure that he's guilty of a great deal of this shit.

The thing is that because of who he is, a lot of women would go along with "hey let's go to my hotel room for a meeting" type shit. Also, he'd use his female assistant to make them feel a little more at ease, because they'd assume that she was gonna be with them, but then the assistant would exit and close the door shortly after they got to the room, leaving Harvey and the chick(s) alone. The audio tape from the italian (I think) actress that was made with the help of the NYPD that came out early in the me too era let me know what he was up to. In that tape, he didn't put hands on her, but I think only because she never entered his room, but he was like, breathlessly telling her to come in the room and not to fuck up her career by not coming in, etc.

Thank you. I liked that you stated, "Again this is their testimony." I remember the tape of Ambra Battilana, but I recall questions about her credibility.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

68045789-0-image-a-35_1677252300107.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

arnoldwsimmons

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Live Updates: Harvey Weinstein’s Conviction Is Overturned by New York’s Top Court​

Manhattan prosecutors must now decide whether to retry Mr. Weinstein, the disgraced Hollywood producer whose sexual abuse case sparked the #MeToo movement.

Harvey Weinstein walking through a courtroom hallway with the use of a walker, surrounded by law enforcement officers.

Harvey Weinstein, who was once one of the most powerful men in Hollywood, was convicted of sex crimes in New York and California.Credit...Desiree Rios for The New York Times

Updated
April 25, 2024, 9:28 a.m. ET6 minutes ago
6 minutes ago
Jonah E. Bromwich and Maria Cramer

Here’s the latest on the reversal of Weinstein’s conviction.

New York’s highest court on Thursday overturned Harvey Weinstein’s 2020 conviction on felony sex crime charges, a stunning reversal in the foundational case of the #MeToo era.

In a 4-3 decision, the New York Court of Appeals found that the trial judge who presided over Mr. Weinstein’s case had made a crucial mistake, allowing prosecutors to call as witnesses a series of women who said Mr. Weinstein had assaulted them — but whose accusations were not part of the charges against him.

Citing that decision and others it identified as errors, the appeals court determined that Mr. Weinstein, who as a movie producer had been one of the most powerful men in Hollywood, had not received a fair trial. The four judges in the majority wrote that Mr. Weinstein was not tried solely on the crimes he was charged with, but instead for much of his past behavior.

Now it will be up to the Manhattan district attorney, Alvin L. Bragg — already in the midst of a trial against former President Donald J. Trump — to decide whether to seek a retrial of Mr. Weinstein.

It was not immediately clear on Thursday morning how the decision would affect Mr. Weinstein, 71, who is being held in an upstate prison in Rome, N.Y. But he is not a free man. In addition to the possibility that the district attorney’s office may try him again, in 2022, he was sentenced to 16 years in prison in California after he was convicted of raping a woman in a Beverly Hills hotel.

Mr. Weinstein was accused of sexual misconduct by more than 100 women; in New York he was convicted of assaulting two of them. The Court of Appeals decision, which comes more than four years after a New York jury found Mr. Weinstein guilty, complicates the disgraced producer’s story and underscores the legal system’s difficulty in delivering redress to those who say they have been the victims of sex crimes.

April 25, 2024, 9:31 a.m. ET

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool

Live Updates: Harvey Weinstein’s Conviction Is Overturned by New York’s Top Court​

Manhattan prosecutors must now decide whether to retry Mr. Weinstein, the disgraced Hollywood producer whose sexual abuse case sparked the #MeToo movement.

Harvey Weinstein walking through a courtroom hallway with the use of a walker, surrounded by law enforcement officers.

Harvey Weinstein, who was once one of the most powerful men in Hollywood, was convicted of sex crimes in New York and California.Credit...Desiree Rios for The New York Times

Updated
April 25, 2024, 9:28 a.m. ET6 minutes ago
6 minutes ago
Jonah E. Bromwich and Maria Cramer

Here’s the latest on the reversal of Weinstein’s conviction.

New York’s highest court on Thursday overturned Harvey Weinstein’s 2020 conviction on felony sex crime charges, a stunning reversal in the foundational case of the #MeToo era.

In a 4-3 decision, the New York Court of Appeals found that the trial judge who presided over Mr. Weinstein’s case had made a crucial mistake, allowing prosecutors to call as witnesses a series of women who said Mr. Weinstein had assaulted them — but whose accusations were not part of the charges against him.

Citing that decision and others it identified as errors, the appeals court determined that Mr. Weinstein, who as a movie producer had been one of the most powerful men in Hollywood, had not received a fair trial. The four judges in the majority wrote that Mr. Weinstein was not tried solely on the crimes he was charged with, but instead for much of his past behavior.

Now it will be up to the Manhattan district attorney, Alvin L. Bragg — already in the midst of a trial against former President Donald J. Trump — to decide whether to seek a retrial of Mr. Weinstein.

It was not immediately clear on Thursday morning how the decision would affect Mr. Weinstein, 71, who is being held in an upstate prison in Rome, N.Y. But he is not a free man. In addition to the possibility that the district attorney’s office may try him again, in 2022, he was sentenced to 16 years in prison in California after he was convicted of raping a woman in a Beverly Hills hotel.

Mr. Weinstein was accused of sexual misconduct by more than 100 women; in New York he was convicted of assaulting two of them. The Court of Appeals decision, which comes more than four years after a New York jury found Mr. Weinstein guilty, complicates the disgraced producer’s story and underscores the legal system’s difficulty in delivering redress to those who say they have been the victims of sex crimes.

April 25, 2024, 9:31 a.m. ET
Money talks.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

older version

A version older
Registered
"The four judges in the majority wrote that Mr. Weinstein was not tried solely on the crimes he was charged with, but instead for much of his past behavior."

Yeah, well tell that to R Kelly who had the preacher who married him and Aaliyah, testify to that fact at his trial. Seems like prosecutors only go for RICO in some situations.