Whovians!!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Inside the making of the first-ever Doctor Who holiday special

Executive producer Russell T Davies recalls how he, David Tennant, and Billie Piper kicked off an enduring holiday-season tradition.
By Clark Collis
December 15, 2020 at 03:55 PM EST

ADVERTISEMENT
SaveFBTweetMore
CREDIT: BBC/BBC AMERICA

Doctor Who
TYPE
  • TV Show
NETWORK
  • BBC America
  • HBO Max
GENRE

WHERE TO WATCH

On the evening of Dec. 25, 2005, almost 10 million Brits sat down to watch the first-ever Doctor Who special Christmas episode, "The Christmas Invasion" — and an enduring holiday-season tradition was born.
"By the second year, it was being called 'the traditional Doctor Who Christmas special,'" recalls Russell T Davies, then the executive producer of the show, which had returned to TV earlier in the year following a lengthy hiatus.
A lot has changed in the intervening 15 years. The 2005 show starred Billie Piper and David Tennant, the latter in his first proper outing as the titular Time Lord, after taking over from Christopher Eccleston at the end of the revived series' first season. This year's special holiday season episode, "Revolution of the Daleks," premiering Jan. 1 on BBC America, features Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor, alongside fellow regular cast members Mandip Gill, Tosin Cole, and Bradley Walsh, plus guest stars John Barrowman, Dame Harriet Walter, Chris Noth, and Nathan Stewart-Jarrett. These days, Chris Chibnall is the Doctor Who showrunner, Davies having moved on from Who-ville over a decade ago. But the man who brought the show back and created the Doctor Who Christmas special will be tuning in on New Year's Day.

"Oh God, yes," he tells EW. "I can't wait for this year. "It's the Daleks again, it's Jodie Whittaker. I am very excited. I can't wait!"
Below, Davis talks about writing the first-ever Doctor Who holiday special, why Tennant doesn't wear a onesie on the TARDIS, and his upcoming HBO Max show.
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: This may not be the most professional way to start an interview, but I rewatched the 2005 special yesterday and I just cried pretty much all the way through it. My girlfriend, who is less of a Whovian than me, kept saying, "Why are you crying? This isn't even sad!"
RUSSELL T DAVIES:
I love that, I love that. I love a good emotional reaction to Doctor Who. No one loves Doctor Who more than me, and I couldn't be happier with its return. Even to this day, I'm so happy with it.
How did the idea of doing a Christmas special come about?
The first incarnation did not really do Christmas specials. Well, way back in 1965, there was an episode of Doctor Who transmitted on Christmas Day where the Doctor actually turns to camera and says, "A merry Christmas, everyone," which still freaks the fans out to this day. Because you start to question what's canon and what isn't.

For us, it was the BBC who asked for it. We brought back Doctor Who in 2005. I was so unaware of the possibility of a Christmas episode that I did a Christmas episode in our first series, where the Doctor meets Charles Dickens, and it's Christmas Day, and it's snowing, and there are ghosts. So that's actually secretly the first Christmas special, it just didn't go out at Christmas. So we launched the first series of Doctor Who in 2005, it was such a success that the BBC turned around to me and said, "Let's have a Christmas special." They ordered two more series and two more Christmas specials all in one breath. Which was wonderful, but I just saw my life disappear. [Laughs] I was like, oh God, someone's just slammed the prison door shut! But I couldn't have been happier. I mean, it's very different in America. They don't show lots of big programs on Christmas Day itself, do they? Here, on Christmas Day, those are the highest ratings of all, because those are when the big shows play. So it wasn't just a Christmas special, it was a guaranteed slot on Christmas Day itself, at 7 p.m., and that is literally the heart of the schedule for the entire year. It was like being given the greatest gift in British television you could possible ask for. So we had to raise the stakes! We had to deliver a great big blockbuster and entertain everyone!
CREDIT: BBC
You were also introducing a new Doctor.
Yes, yes. As a selling point for a Christmas special, it couldn't have been better. What a gift to put into my hands, come and meet the new Doctor! And David Tennant turned out to be one of the most successful Doctors of all time. So it was actually a great rush of energy. And it was nice. The series had ended on a cliffhanger of a new Doctor arriving, and so I could answer that cliffhanger on Christmas Day. So it guaranteed that some viewers would come with it. But think the Christmas episode [has] to bring in all viewers, not just the fans. Everyone should be watching that one.
In the episode, David Tennant's Doctor asks, "Who am I?" What was your approach with regard to writing his Time Lord?
Well, just to exhibit all the skills and power and passion of the Doctor. I mean, it's a very cheeky trick in the episode that he stays offstage for about 40 minutes. I thought that if there was too much of him in he first 10 minutes, people could see the new Doctor and then wander away and go and have their Christmas dinner. I was very much aware that I had to keep people hooked, so I actually hold him off for 4o minutes, and then in the final 20 minutes he does absolutely everything that any Doctor has ever done before. He's dazzling verbally, he's dazzling physically, he has a sword fight, he wins the sword fight, he brings down a prime minister with six words. He's funny, he's dramatic, he's everything. He's absolutely everything in 20 minutes flat. It's like the finest audition piece in the world — not for David, he's already got the part, but it's like he's auditioning for the great British public, to say, "Come and like me." And I think it did! I think it worked! Aha!
He does get his hand cut off. Did you get any notes or complaints about that?
[Laughs] Oh, none, none. None at all. I mean, it was bloodless. Every episode I ever did of Doctor Who was bloodless, because it's a family show, it's 7 o'clock at night, you've literally got 4-year-olds watching Doctor Who, so that's an absolute policy of mine — not of the BBC's, of mine. No, no one complained, I don't think. The show was having so much fun at that point. And you've seen hands chopped off. It's deliberately referencing The Empire Strikes Back. And you watch it grow back! What a nerve! [Laughs]
You also introduce the new Doctor's wardrobe. What was the thinking behind that look?
In the modern series, it was the first time you'd ever seen another room in the TARDIS, because we'd never had enough money. We always meant to have doors leading off into other spaces inside, which over the years we got, we slowly built that into the show, but that was kind of a little Christmas Day present to the fans. A lot of those costumes hanging up are clothes from the old show, I mean going back to the '60s. Yo can see Steven Taylor's jumper hanging up there, and Steven Taylor was a 1965 companion of the very first Doctor. So we had little gifts to those long-term fans who love that sort of detail. And I'm one of those people.
The main thing was for David to be happy, because it had to be costume that he was going to stay in night and day. We varied it — sometimes we'd put him in a tuxedo, sometimes we'd put him in a blue version of that suit — but really it was what he wanted. Obviously, we had to like it too. If he'd said he wanted to do the whole thing in onesie, we might have had some notes. But for a handsome man to be in a tight suit, looking so good, there was no question that that costume worked. We loved it.
Where did the idea for the episode's alien villains, the Sycorax, come from?
I wanted a race of big alien invaders. It was as simple as that. [Laughs] In science-fiction stories, the spaceships and the creatures are often made of metal. Having done a first series with Daleks and spaceships and space stations, I kind of wanted a more physical feel to them, with faces made out of bone, living inside rock, but still immensely powerful with immensely powerful technology. It was just a different take.
In the ensuing years, did you always have the upcoming Christmas special in the back of your mind?
Yes, every year was planning ahead for the Christmas special. I loved it. I tell you, I am a great television watcher. All my life, Christmas Day has been the biggest day for television in Britain. And so, just to get up that day in the morning and know we had a show on that night was a genuine thrill. Professionally and personally, it meant so much to me. I loved it. I loved that slot more than anything.
What have you been working on recently?
I've got a new show, which will be on HBO Max. It's called It's a Sin. I'm very, very proud of it. Very proud. It's sort of [about] AIDS in the 1980s, but it's the story of life being lived during that pandemic. All shot before this pandemic, so it's all done and dusted. But it's full of life. It's not just about death, it's about the lives being led, the wonderful lives that we lost. I'm very proud of that.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I guess he'll be the new companion replacing the other three...?

Well, two of them, anyway. Both guys are leaving the show (which was actually announced a while back). Honestly, I'd just as soon lose all three, because I've never really liked Yas. But we'll see where they go with this.

whew!! glad she's quitting
Honestly, I don't think that she's the problem with the show. I like it for what it is now well enough, but if anything has been lacking, it's been the writing. There isn't much she can do about that.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
damn man, asking a hoe for some pussy or pulling out your dick ain’t sexual harassment!

BBC investigating misconduct allegations against Doctor Who stars Noel Clarke and John Barrowman

Clarke has been accused of sexual harassment by more than 20 women, while anecdotes have resurfaced of Barrowman exposing himself on set.
By Christian Holub
May 07, 2021 at 06:53 PM EDT

Noel Clarke as Mickey and Billie Piper as Rose on 'Doctor Who'

| CREDIT: ©BBC/BBC AMERICA
People who worked on the set of Doctor Who in the 2000s are coming forward with allegations of sexual misconduct by some of the series' stars, and the BBC is pledging to take the issue seriously.
Noel Clarke, who played Mickey Smith on Doctor Who from 2005 to 2010 in addition to writing and directing his own films, was recently awarded the prestigious BAFTA for Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema, but had the honor revoked last month after 20 women accused him of sexual misconduct and harassment in The Guardian. Clarke and his lawyers have vehemently denied all allegations against him, and responded to The Guardian with a 29-page letter that the publication has quoted extensively in its coverage.
This week, even more women came forward to The Guardian specifically accusing Clarke of sexual harassment on the set of Doctor Who. The surrounding discussion also resurfaced stories that another Doctor Who actor John Barrowman exposed himself to co-workers on set.
The Guardian reports that Barrowman, who is gay, "admitted to 'tomfoolery' that he now understood upset colleagues, but stressed it was never intended or interpreted as sexual in nature."
PAID CONTENT

John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness on 'Torchwood'

| CREDIT: FRANK OCKENFELS 3/STARZ
The Barrowman incidents were known at the time, and Julie Gardner, one of Doctor Who's executive producers at the time, told The Guardian she reprimanded Barrowman following an incident on the set of Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood, after which she believes the behavior ended. By contrast, Gardner and her fellow Doctor Who executive producer Russell T. Davies both told The Guardian they had no prior knowledge of the accusations against Clarke.
The Guardian quotes several sources stressing that the context of Barrowman's antics were different from the "sexually predatory" behavior of which Clarke is accused. Again, Clarke denies the allegations, but the BBC is taking them seriously.
"The BBC is against all forms of inappropriate behavior and we're shocked to hear of these allegations," a BBC spokesperson told EW in a statement. "To be absolutely clear, we will investigate any specific allegations made by individuals to the BBC — and if anyone has been subjected to or witnessed inappropriate behavior of any kind we would encourage them to raise it with us directly. We have a zero tolerance approach and robust processes are in place — which are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect best practice — to ensure any complaints or concerns are handled with the utmost seriousness and care."

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

BBC investigating misconduct allegations against Doctor Who stars Noel Clarke and John Barrowman

Clarke has been accused of sexual harassment by more than 20 women, while anecdotes have resurfaced of Barrowman exposing himself on set.
By Christian Holub

People who worked on the set of Doctor Who in the 2000s are coming forward with allegations of sexual misconduct by some of the series' stars, and the BBC is pledging to take the issue seriously.
Noel Clarke, who played Mickey Smith on Doctor Who from 2005 to 2010 in addition to writing and directing his own films, was recently awarded the prestigious BAFTA for Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema, but had the honor revoked last month after 20 women accused him of sexual misconduct and harassment in The Guardian. Clarke and his lawyers have vehemently denied all allegations against him, and responded to The Guardian with a 29-page letter that the publication has quoted extensively in its coverage.
This week, even more women came forward to The Guardian specifically accusing Clarke of sexual harassment on the set of Doctor Who. The surrounding discussion also resurfaced stories that another Doctor Who actor John Barrowman exposed himself to co-workers on set.
The Guardian reports that Barrowman, who is gay, "admitted to 'tomfoolery' that he now understood upset colleagues, but stressed it was never intended or interpreted as sexual in nature."
PAID CONTENT

The Barrowman incidents were known at the time, and Julie Gardner, one of Doctor Who's executive producers at the time, told The Guardian she reprimanded Barrowman following an incident on the set of Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood, after which she believes the behavior ended. By contrast, Gardner and her fellow Doctor Who executive producer Russell T. Davies both told The Guardian they had no prior knowledge of the accusations against Clarke.
The Guardian quotes several sources stressing that the context of Barrowman's antics were different from the "sexually predatory" behavior of which Clarke is accused. Again, Clarke denies the allegations, but the BBC is taking them seriously.
"The BBC is against all forms of inappropriate behavior and we're shocked to hear of these allegations," a BBC spokesperson told EW in a statement. "To be absolutely clear, we will investigate any specific allegations made by individuals to the BBC — and if anyone has been subjected to or witnessed inappropriate behavior of any kind we would encourage them to raise it with us directly. We have a zero tolerance approach and robust processes are in place — which are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect best practice — to ensure any complaints or concerns are handled with the utmost seriousness and care."
As sad as it is to say, the Barrowman thing is hardly a blip on my radar. As often as he was ass-out on Torchwood, he's never struck me as someone that was shy about being naked (it happened just enough that it honestly almost started to bother me; it was like they were going out of their way to make sure it happened at least once or twice a season). Barrowman being cheeky and being told to knock it off sounds like an accurate account.*

I don't know what's up with Noel Clarke, though. It sounds like maybe he was over-aggressive in his approach, but I don't know that dude at all to have his back on anything. All I ever learned in life, though, was kepe your work and your personal business separate. Better safe than sorry. Ish has me mad, though, because is one of those characters that could honestly drop back into any season with any Doctor and probably have a solid stroy or two. His potential as a companion was wide open, and it always bugged me that we never got more of him in that universe (I know they wanted to use him for Torchwood at one point, but it never happened).

(*I don't think I need this, but obligatory "no homo". I don't think anything I said was suspect, but the crew is the crew, and I gotta keep my bases covered.)

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

By Christian Holub

PAID CONTENT

Damn Captain Jack too..? :smh:

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"why was he able to get away with it?"

Noel Clark answered.

89833d6fa7259434bbbd98c97dc5133818abbc74.gif

WELL - was he lyin?
Nope. I just find it funny it's an issue now. I wonder if they went after Barrowman because it wouldn't have been a good look just going after the black dude. However, I do get the vibe that one is going to be canceled and not the other for the exact reason you bring up.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nope. I just find it funny it's an issue now. I wonder if they went after Barrowman because it wouldn't have been a good look just going after the black dude. However, I do get the vibe that one is going to be canceled and not the other for the exact reason you bring up.
Makes you wonder doesn't it...

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

‘Barrowman would just have his willy out, standing in the doorway’
In a recently resurfaced video filmed at Chicago Tardis, a 2014 American sci-fi convention, Clarke talked about how his fellow Doctor Who star Barrowman would often expose his penis and “slap” it on colleagues.

The video went viral this week in the wake of the Clarke allegations. “Barrowman was there taking his dick out every five seconds,” Clarke says in the clip. Turning to his Doctor Who co-star Camille Coduri, he asks: “Do you remember that time he put it on your shoulder in the makeup truck?” She responds: “Yes, I do.”

To laughter from the audience, Clarke then does a theatrical impression of Barrowman, using a microphone as a prop for his penis, thumping it against Coduri and their fellow co-star Annette Badland. Clarke’s lawyers described the incident as “a mere snippet of a much longer, good-humoured conversation”. Coduri declined to comment, and Badland did not respond to a request for comment.

Several sources told the Guardian that Barrowman did indeed repeatedly expose himself on set, although they stressed the context was different to the sexually predatory behaviour Clarke is accused of. Barrowman is gay, and his actions were described as misjudged “larking about” and “joking”.

However, some Doctor Who crew members described an overly relaxed, at times unprofessional culture on set in the early seasons of the show. “David [Tennant, who joined the show in season 2] behaved impeccably,” said Jenna, “and to a certain extent, I think that helped rein things in.”

Jenna said she frequently witnessed Barrowman expose himself on set. “He would get his genitals out on a regular basis … he’d just sort of have his balls hanging out his trousers or something, which he just thought was really funny,” she said. On one occasion, Jenna said that she witnessed Barrowman “slapping” his penis on the windscreen of one of the driver’s cars, “thinking it was really funny”.

Monica had similar recollections. “Sometimes he’d call me into his dressing room, and I would knock on the door and he’d say, ‘Oh, look at this’, and he’d just have his willy out, standing in the doorway,” she said. “It was kind of accepted that it was his thing,” she said.

Although she did not appreciate his behaviour, or find it particularly funny, Monica stressed she did not feel unsafe. “It just felt really uncomfortable,” she said.
Barrowman’s behaviour was even referenced in a lighthearted tribute song, called The Ballad of Russell and Julie and filmed to commemorate the end of Tennant’s tenure as the Doctor in 2008. The video is understood to have been filmed after cast and crew discovered Barrowman had been reprimanded for exposing himself on the set of Torchwood.

The tribute video was filmed for Doctor Who executive producers Julie Gardner and Russell T Davies. “Can’t block out,” sang Tennant, “please lock out, images of Johnny B getting his cock out.” The camera cuts to Barrowman, delivering a wink to the camera.

Gardner confirmed that she received a complaint around 2008 about Barrowman’s conduct on the set of Torchwood. “I met with John and reprimanded him,” Gardner said, adding that she also spoke to other executive producers, Barrowman’s agent, and the head of BBC drama commissioning, to “make it clear to both John and his agent that behaviour of this kind would not be tolerated … To my knowledge, John’s inappropriate behaviour stopped thereafter,” she added.

She told the Guardian that she was not aware of any inappropriate behaviour by Clarke. “I am saddened and shocked by the accusations raised. If I had known of them there would have been prompt action taken,” she said. “I am grateful that people are coming forward to speak up and support them wholeheartedly.”

Russell T Davies also he never saw Barrowman expose himself, and was unaware of any complaints about Clarke’s behaviour towards female coworkers on set and never heard of or witnessed inappropriate behaviour by the actor. Had he received a complaint, Davies said he would have acted immediately.
“I apologise wholeheartedly to any cast or crew who went through this,” Davies said, adding: “all power to those coming forward now – we will listen to them, and learn”.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

‘Barrowman would just have his willy out, standing in the doorway’
In a recently resurfaced video filmed at Chicago Tardis, a 2014 American sci-fi convention, Clarke talked about how his fellow Doctor Who star Barrowman would often expose his penis and “slap” it on colleagues.

The video went viral this week in the wake of the Clarke allegations. “Barrowman was there taking his dick out every five seconds,” Clarke says in the clip. Turning to his Doctor Who co-star Camille Coduri, he asks: “Do you remember that time he put it on your shoulder in the makeup truck?” She responds: “Yes, I do.”

To laughter from the audience, Clarke then does a theatrical impression of Barrowman, using a microphone as a prop for his penis, thumping it against Coduri and their fellow co-star Annette Badland. Clarke’s lawyers described the incident as “a mere snippet of a much longer, good-humoured conversation”. Coduri declined to comment, and Badland did not respond to a request for comment.

Several sources told the Guardian that Barrowman did indeed repeatedly expose himself on set, although they stressed the context was different to the sexually predatory behaviour Clarke is accused of. Barrowman is gay, and his actions were described as misjudged “larking about” and “joking”.

However, some Doctor Who crew members described an overly relaxed, at times unprofessional culture on set in the early seasons of the show. “David [Tennant, who joined the show in season 2] behaved impeccably,” said Jenna, “and to a certain extent, I think that helped rein things in.”

Jenna said she frequently witnessed Barrowman expose himself on set. “He would get his genitals out on a regular basis … he’d just sort of have his balls hanging out his trousers or something, which he just thought was really funny,” she said. On one occasion, Jenna said that she witnessed Barrowman “slapping” his penis on the windscreen of one of the driver’s cars, “thinking it was really funny”.

Monica had similar recollections. “Sometimes he’d call me into his dressing room, and I would knock on the door and he’d say, ‘Oh, look at this’, and he’d just have his willy out, standing in the doorway,” she said. “It was kind of accepted that it was his thing,” she said.

Although she did not appreciate his behaviour, or find it particularly funny, Monica stressed she did not feel unsafe. “It just felt really uncomfortable,” she said.
Barrowman’s behaviour was even referenced in a lighthearted tribute song, called The Ballad of Russell and Julie and filmed to commemorate the end of Tennant’s tenure as the Doctor in 2008. The video is understood to have been filmed after cast and crew discovered Barrowman had been reprimanded for exposing himself on the set of Torchwood.

The tribute video was filmed for Doctor Who executive producers Julie Gardner and Russell T Davies. “Can’t block out,” sang Tennant, “please lock out, images of Johnny B getting his cock out.” The camera cuts to Barrowman, delivering a wink to the camera.

Gardner confirmed that she received a complaint around 2008 about Barrowman’s conduct on the set of Torchwood. “I met with John and reprimanded him,” Gardner said, adding that she also spoke to other executive producers, Barrowman’s agent, and the head of BBC drama commissioning, to “make it clear to both John and his agent that behaviour of this kind would not be tolerated … To my knowledge, John’s inappropriate behaviour stopped thereafter,” she added.

She told the Guardian that she was not aware of any inappropriate behaviour by Clarke. “I am saddened and shocked by the accusations raised. If I had known of them there would have been prompt action taken,” she said. “I am grateful that people are coming forward to speak up and support them wholeheartedly.”

Russell T Davies also he never saw Barrowman expose himself, and was unaware of any complaints about Clarke’s behaviour towards female coworkers on set and never heard of or witnessed inappropriate behaviour by the actor. Had he received a complaint, Davies said he would have acted immediately.
“I apologise wholeheartedly to any cast or crew who went through this,” Davies said, adding: “all power to those coming forward now – we will listen to them, and learn”.
That article makes whole lot of that against Clarke sound...

OVVZTGCATGkKiBxqK7j9fQ4RSlRkZsGNq6mDQzVJddN1YkmdV7m-2lu6AJWJVFTUJfU5nS-9krRXe4wW9Q7vY-BvHXun7dQtkxprcA

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Doctor Who trailer teases new season, guest star appearance by Game of Thrones actor

Time travel show will return later this year.
By Clark Collis
July 25, 2021 at 02:12 PM EDT

ADVERTISEMENT
SaveFBTweetMore
CREDIT: JAMES PARDON/BBC STUDIOS/BBC AMERICA
Is it time for a new Doctor Who trailer? Brilliantly, it is!
A promo clip for the upcoming season of the beloved British time travel show premiered at Sunday's Doctor Who Comic-Con panel. The trailer features Who veterans Jodie Whittaker and Mandip Gill, as well as new cast member John Bishop and guest star Jacob Anderson, who it was revealed on the panel will play a character named Vinder. Anderson is best known for appearing in Game of Thrones, but previously worked with Whittaker and Doctor Who showrunner Chris Chibnall on the show Broadchurch.
During the panel, Chibnall announced that the new season of Doctor Who will feature an overarching story. "The big thing that we're going to be doing this year is, it's all one story," said Chibnall. "So every episode is a chapter of a bigger story. So we've changed the shape of the series for this year."

Panel moderator Melanie McFarland confirmed that the new season of Doctor Who is set to premiere on BBC America later this year.

See the new Doctor Who trailer above.
Watch Doctor Who on HBO MAX, BBC America (Via Cable/Satellite Provider), Microsoft Store, and more options

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Jodie Whittaker Regenerates Away From Doctor Who
By Devon Ivie@devonsaysrelax

bb2b02838e2bcfbd9ea4a376ce317b0e52-jodie-whittaker.rsquare.w330.jpg

Photo: James Pardon/BBC Studios
Thirteen, exterminated. Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker, the franchise’s first female lead, will be departing the show in 2022 along with showrunner Chris Chibnall. BBC America confirmed Whittaker’s impending regeneration on July 29; she will be appearing in a six-episode season airing this fall as well as a trio of new film-length specials next year. As the 13th Doctor, or the 5th Doctor in the show’s “modern” era, Whittaker made her debut with her various TARDIS companions in October 2018. Speaking with Vulture at the time, she expressed contempt for Doctor Who fans who weren’t accepting of a woman in the titular role. “I suppose I’d say, I think you have some internal issues that need addressing. I wonder if their mothers would be proud of that comment,” she said. “Some people are capable of change, but it isn’t worth engaging with, necessarily.” In a new statement, Whittaker praised the “brilliant adventures, worlds, and wonders” she got to experience over the years, in addition to the “incredible stories” penned for her by the writers. What? When? Where? Why? Call your bookies now. The race is on for 14.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
meh she sucked as the Doctor

they should have let the Doc regenerate as Billie Piper...LOL that would have been good