Who's getting rich off Rich Dad? Interesting Video

tdotlocs

Support BGOL
Registered
Click URL for video

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2010/road_to_rich_dad/main.html

Robert Kiyosaki, best-selling finance author of Rich Dad, Poor Dad, has spun-off his book into a self-help empire of TV shows, board games and investment seminars — a string of which are scheduled across Canada. But rumblings are being heard from the hundreds of hotel ballrooms across North America where Kiyoaski's Rich Dad seminars are staged. The complaints? That initial Rich Dad sessions focus less on education and more on marketing and upselling further sessions that cost up to $45,000.

Marketplace investigates these concerns using hidden camera and reveals the aggressive sales tactics used, where participants are urged to increase their credit card limits after being pressured to spend tens of thousands of dollars on advanced courses.

Erica Johnson asks Kiyosaki directly: what’s really going on? Are Canadians being lured by the Rich Dad name to spend money on weekend workshops that seem really designed to sell them more workshops?

mike123

Rising Star
Registered
Knew this was comming eventually:smh:
read a few of his books years ago and it was easy to see that his system was designed to string along indecisive or people who dont like change while milkin tons of cash outta them. All the useful info he had was in the first one or 2 books

SaKem

Star
Registered
hmm I know a guy who read his book and it changed his life and he got pretty well off at a young age. At 20 or 21 or something he banked like 230K in a year. But yea obviously Robert is banking through his sales business and get rich quick scheme pitches, thats how the game works. Reality you have to just hustle and read and find your way on your own through experience and education whether it be through school or not.

Real1

Rising Star
Registered
He is an information marketer. Free "workshops" or "seminars" are about 40% teaser content and 60% sales pitch.

It is called response marketing. The "Call to Action" is "attend our free workshops on these following dates". Once you show up you given content that leaves you wanting to know more. You often will see social proof like video and written testimonials, photo copies of checks, HUD-1 Settlement statements that should how much someone made on a real estate deal, print out of someone's bank account statement or brokerage account statement, pictures of exotic vacations, big houses, fast cars, and toys like boats and planes.

It's a business. Nothing is free.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
He is an information marketer. Free "workshops" or "seminars" are about 40% teaser content and 60% sales pitch.

It is called response marketing. The "Call to Action" is "attend our free workshops on these following dates". Once you show up you given content that leaves you wanting to know more. You often will see social proof like video and written testimonials, photo copies of checks, HUD-1 Settlement statements that should how much someone made on a real estate deal, print out of someone's bank account statement or brokerage account statement, pictures of exotic vacations, big houses, fast cars, and toys like boats and planes.

Some hate on him saying he dont give you strait a forward formula, I think its about changing your mind set for the most part.

You actually have to think about what is it your thinking about, and that should get you going.

mike123

Rising Star
Registered
Some hate on him saying he dont give you strait a forward formula, I think its about changing your mind set for the most part.

You actually have to think about what is it your thinking about, and that should get you going.

:yes::yes:

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
sheep-stool.jpg

Black_Hand

Banned
he is an information marketer. Free "workshops" or "seminars" are about 40% teaser content and 60% sales pitch.

It is called response marketing. The "call to action" is "attend our free workshops on these following dates". Once you show up you given content that leaves you wanting to know more. You often will see social proof like video and written testimonials, photo copies of checks, hud-1 settlement statements that should how much someone made on a real estate deal, print out of someone's bank account statement or brokerage account statement, pictures of exotic vacations, big houses, fast cars, and toys like boats and planes.

c/s

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I have to think about what I'm thinking about?

:confused:

I could be a prick and just say thinking about it...

but think about your thoughts on the daily
and you'll see how you might just might be wasting time thinking about meaningless items,

Mr. Del

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I could be a prick and just say thinking about it...

but think about your thoughts on the daily
and you'll see how you might just might be wasting time thinking about meaningless items,

Ah, I get it.

So if I think about my thoughts, then I might find that the things that I think about are thoughtless.

:yes:

:(

:hmm:

Les W

Star
Registered
The book changed my life when I read it many years ago as a "consumer" with ambition and no business sense ...

Went to the "seminar" a couple years ago and it was a scam ... I would recommend the book but not the "seminar"

Anything past "The Cashflow Quadrant" is not worth the time to read in my opinion.
high co-sign the other books are just for the money imo

Ah, I get it.

So if I think about my thoughts, then I might find that the things that I think about are thoughtless.

Look ... successful people that you may look up to are EXACTLY the same as you ... just like people who look up to YOU are the same as you.... society makes you think you are "different" but you are not ... the only difference is how you approach life and yor goals ... a lot of this is centered around your beliefs and thoughts

That why they claim making the first million is the hardest and rich people can go from bankrupt to rich easier than you or I ... they know how to move

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I DL'd the CashFlow Quadrant and thought it was pretty thorough. He gives a good platform to work from. Like most anything there's no magic insider way of doing things. You pick it up from experience, especially with real estate. I'm weary of any of these seminars, I've gone to a few for different things and always leave with an uneasy feeling. Even PrePaid legal, which has some legitimacy in it's product, left me with a "nah, I'll pass feeling" By the way, Kiyosaki is not the only real estate guru that upsells his stuff. Even the legendary Ron Legrande does it. I bought his real estate program with a friend from back in '01, before you could really get this kind of stuff for free online and paid $1200. It was an actual good program with tangible advice, but they still tried to sell us that "personal advisor" experience for about $10K I believe. As a 2 stripe Airman, I was like nah, that's a bit much. Still have the program and I still check out different programs to get more advice. Been trying to find that Montelongo dude's book on torrents, but can find it yet. Bottom line, nothing of real educational value is gonna be expensive or necessarily at monetary cost. :cool:

nyeleman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This is the bait most scams use . Anytime anyone thats a stranger to you promises you riches and doesn't exactly show your the intracacies of a certain trade or hustle then a scam. If someone is offering to help you then you must ask yourself what they stand to gain, 100% of the time it's getting money from your pockets while weaving you dreams. My sister joined such a scam in 2007 that showed them the riches they would make and almost $10000 later she still hasn't recouped a penny and yet still believes her dream of driving an audi r8 is just around the corner. The truth about all the riches these people show to entice sheep is that they come from the money from seminars and book sales not successful business ventures as many are led to believe. Even some of the exotic locations, cars and luxuries are just hired props to make it seem as though they have it good. You will never see a real professional like a lawyer, doctor, engineer or dentist showing you their cars, house and bank statements to prove their eficacy.

Mr. Del

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Look ... successful people that you may look up to are EXACTLY the same as you ... just like people who look up to YOU are the same as you.... society makes you think you are "different" but you are not ... the only difference is how you approach life and yor goals ... a lot of this is centered around your beliefs and thoughts

That why they claim making the first million is the hardest and rich people can go from bankrupt to rich easier than you or I ... they know how to move

Niggas getting sensitive.

I was fucking with him.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Thats my speech everytime, Bill Gates is human just like us, shit he dropped outta school like some of us, but yet folks put him on a pedestal. Once folks understand there's more than enough money out there for everybody to get, their going to be strait. shit some time you have to force a demand then supply it,

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thats my speech everytime, Bill Gates is human just like us, shit he dropped outta school like some of us, but yet folks put him on a pedestal. Once folks understand there's more than enough money out there for everybody to get, their going to be strait. shit some time you have to force a demand then supply it,

He dropped out of school because he was more advanced in his knowledge of computers than his school could teach him. That's the big misconception when people say Bill Gates is a college drop out. Dude was genius and the school did have what he needed.:cool:

tdotlocs

Support BGOL
Registered
Rich Dad/Poor Dad is a great book. Really helped shaped my mindset and now I am an Entrepreneur who works for myself.

I know the Rich Dad/Poor Dad name is licensed out but they gotta be careful with their brand.

I believe cats like Robert Allen etc are the same way. Come to something free, then drop a whole leap of Cash to chase ya dream.

There was another group called Markus Group up here in Toronto. Free Seminar. then Sold another $2,000 seminar. Then another $8K course. Heard they had over 85 ppl in 6 months do these course. That almost $1 Million in revenues son. :smh:

People who really wanna get out of their situation and seek freedom have to be careful at the same time.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A little off topic.... but I don't think Gates was so advanced in his knowledge that school could have taught him nothing (cause Microsoft software has been fairly buggy since jump, so....) but like Jobs and Wozniak, he did envision things much better than the competition, big and small, at the time. Dude smartly took advantage of opportunities that others failed to take advantage of.... all that plus some luck, and there you have it.

He dropped out of school because he was more advanced in his knowledge of computers than his school could teach him. That's the big misconception when people say Bill Gates is a college drop out. Dude was genius and the school did have what he needed.:cool:

Last edited:

Louis Koo

Star
BGOL Investor
I have no idea whether this is true or not.... but that statement cracked me the fuck up :lol: :lol:

well i have a BS in Finance, MS in Accounting and that book is pure horseshit. I read it when i was 20. The same people who think that rehashed garbage is amazing are the ones who call themselves "entrepreneurs." :lol:

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah man, I'm not doubting your finance/acct skills... just crackin up about what you said about getting slapped with the book :D

well i have a BS in Finance, MS in Accounting and that book is pure horseshit. I read it when i was 20. The same people who think that rehashed garbage is amazing are the ones who call themselves "entrepreneurs." :lol:

mike123

Rising Star
Registered

just watched the vid cause i thought it was just gonna be about how his books string u along but that shit was crazy:smh:. Who in there right mind would think a seminar that cost 12-45 thousand is gonna make u rich:smh::lol:

when i read some of that rich dad stuff i was also reading other books on investing and real estate so kinda figured out he was making his money off of sellin books and that game