Sports Media: Who U Got??? ESPN Stephen A. Smith Fires Back At Jemele Hill On Twitter

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith Fires Back At Jemele Hill On Twitter

OAKLAND, CA - MAY 30: TV sports personality Stephen A. Smith speaks with youth from the Hidden Genius Project prior to Game Seven of the Western Conference Finals between the Golden State Warriors and the Oklahoma City Thunder during the 2016 NBA Playoffs at ORACLE Arena on May 30, 2016 in Oakland, California. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Robert Reiners/Getty Images)

Earlier: Oftentimes, the most entertaining Twitter disagreements are the ones you don’t see coming, like today’s back-and-forth between Jemele Hill and Stephen A. Smith.

Earlier today, Hill, a former colleague of Smith’s at ESPN, responded to a video clip featuring Smith saying he and Jay Z were partially responsible for Colin Kaepernick’s NFL workout last month.
“Arguably ESPN’s most prominent talent admitting to help orchestrate a workout for Colin Kaepernick … yeah let me go back to minding my business. Guards!” Hill tweeted.

Depending on how you look at it, that tweet could be interpreted as a shot at Smith, the NFL or ESPN, Hill’s old employer.

Her next tweet definitely seemed like a dig at Smith though.

Naturally, Stephen A. saw the original tweet and has aired out his response.

As expected, he didn’t hold back.

The interesting thing about this squabble is that both Hill and Smith have been vocal supporters of Kaepernick in the past. Smith did take the quarterback to task for how he handled the workout, and in doing so, received plenty of criticism in return.

It’s doubtful that Hill and Smith have legit “beef” but it is interesting to see them go at it like this. We’ll see if anything more happens between the two.

Update: Looks like Hill will take her explanation off-line, which is probably smart.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
So I understand exactly where Jemele is coming from. So say it's true and Stephen A did work behind the scenes to make it happen. Now the questions start....

Did you do it out of kindness or to have content for almost a week after it happened?

What did you promise Kaepernick to get him there?

What did you promise the owners to get them to agree?

How, as a journalist, are we supposed to trust anything coming out your mouth when now we find out you were involved in a story you covered for days?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Cut him to the white meat...
Yup. :lol:

MFx9tf.jpg

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So I understand exactly where Jemele is coming from. So say it's true and Stephen A did work behind the scenes to make it happen. Now the questions start....

Did you do it out of kindness or to have content for almost a week after it happened?

How, as a journalist, are we supposed to trust anything coming out your mouth when now we find out you were involved in a story you covered for days?
If you gone be this type of nigga you don’t won’t help. You looking to be negative

mariano42

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You know shit is bad when T.O is sending you a text on live aTV that you're bugging. Either way SAS got to move on from this Kaepernick situation and stop bringing it up. Just leave it alone and move on.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Personally, I don't really care for either of them...

- Steven A. Smith has made his name, his career and his current status talking down to and about Black people (in and out of sports). Also, he has openly embraced the ideals of the GOP, and endorsed political candidates whose platform have never been particularly favorable to Blacks nor to the interests of Blacks. So he gets absolutely NO love or respect from me.

- Jemele Hill is in the same boat. After showing her true colors following the support she got from Blacks after being fired from her gig on ESPN for her statement about Trump, she then turned right around and cosigned that bullshit negative article about Black male privilege and how they oppress Black women.
:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Last edited:

Eclipse99

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got neither. I don't condone grown ass black adults attacking each other online. Especially ones that are so-called friends and most likely have each other's number.

This.

If they are truly friends or cool with each other, no need to bring it out like that.

And I dont really care for either one of em like that. Stephen A was sweating dog piss after that Kapernick shit. And Jamelle just seems or comes off like the black women that's always trying to prove shit to men that dont give a fuck about her position anyway.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man STFU. You're too busy on here failing at being an effective troll to be taken seriously.
When y’all lose an argument it is either you a troll, CAC or coon. How old are some of you Brothas?

Simply read what you typed. If you are going to be that person that paranoid then you don’t need help

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Personally, I don't really care for either of them...

- Steven A. Smith has made his name, his career and his current status talking down to and about Black people (in and out of sports). Also, he has openly embraced the ideals of the GOP, and endorsed political candidates whose platform have never been particularly favorable to Blacks nor to the interests of Blacks. So he gets absolutely NO love or respect from me.

- Jemele Hill is in the same boat. After showing her true colors following the support she got from Blacks after being fired from her gig on ESPN for her statement about Trump, she then turned right around and cosigned that bullshit negative article about Black male privilege and how they oppress Black women.

Jemele has gone from cool ass chick who you’d love to smoke and chill with, to this pseudo authentic black fugazi feminist who finds every chance to shit on black men (as you stated) and rally the “sista girl” black feminist; all while she’s married to a black man who must either look the other way or he’s a cuck.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
Jemele has gone from cool ass chick who you’d love to smoke and chill with, to this pseudo authentic black fugazi feminist who finds every chance to shit on black men (as you stated) and rally the “sista girl” black feminist; all while she’s married to a black man who must either look the other way or he’s a cuck.

Or he has the same view points

Other than retweeting black men are the white people thing

What else has she done?

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I still rock with Jemele. I don’t always agree what she says, but I will listen to her view points and give them thought. From a woman’s standpoint there are/is some fuckery from men toward women.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered

If we have all those questions and suspicion for those who are trying to help, soon enough it wont be worth it for anyone to risk helping others anymore.

Last edited:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
And for the record Jemele dead wrong for this tweet.

I dont think she was going at SAS, I think she was going at her ESPN bosses.

But still, dont willingly put your brother in the crossfire like that.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

I still don't understand, how someone did a 180 after black men supported her after what ESPN did to her.

Dude been on the "I'm a Black Man, Damn it " Tour since that Kap workout blowback....

He's calling in all his favors...

This fool claims he doesn't give dayum what people thinks,yet copping major pleas on First Take and other shows

Like,I said many times Coon Smith acts like Kaepernick took his woman or something the way he shits on Kaepernick all the time.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend