Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Tie

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters

15 day member

Potential Star
Registered
:joint::

You can still smoke to this. If you had some legendary smoke sessions this will bring back memories.

Freedom of speech never sounded so good. Only right you had mr king of controversy to collab on this track.

Unfortunately because of tidal i cant find Lyrical excercise on youtube. But that was a banger

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
I thought people would have the sense to ignore this thread but since not, I'll express my surprise that the name "15 day member" was available.

15 day member

Potential Star
Registered
Still the greatest album intro ever. And to this day ether is still a verb, noun, pronoun, adjective, etc.

That is just one song doe. Take over was true. Nas struggling album sales, nas did fall from top ten to noy mentioned at all. Fucked in his publishing rights....And that beef reignited gis career nas got bodied on occhie wally modeling for karl kani a clothing company that was allways lame.

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
That is just one song doe. Take over was true. Nas struggling album sales, nas did fall from top ten to noy mentioned at all. Fucked in his publishing rights....And that beef reignited gis career nas got bodied on occhie wally modeling for karl kani a clothing company that was allways lame.
Sigh.....not this again.

“Your ass, went from Jaz to hanging with Kane, to Irv, to Big.....”

Who was telling the truth?

15 day member

Potential Star
Registered
Sigh.....not this again.

“Your ass, went from Jaz to hanging with Kane, to Irv, to Big.....”

Who was telling the truth?

Nas modeled karl kani
Jay z model rocawear.
Jay owned or had owenership in rocawear

Nas said eminem murdered him on his own shyt. Ok if so that still is a top 5 lyricist edging u. Occhhie wally was some brave hearts murdering Nas on his own shit. Nas made the same point jay already said. Occhie wally was a single renegade was not.

godmc

International
International Member
Lockdown allowed me time to listen to a lot of music and these two albums were in my playlist. First half of stillmatic is nice but it trails off. Only thing worth bumping after one mic is What goes around.

Blueprint gets no skipping...maybe that trackmasters track but otherwise that album is still what I associate with the year 2001 along with 9/11.

15 day member

Potential Star
Registered
Lockdown allowed me time to listen to a lot of music and these two albums were in my playlist. First half of stillmatic is nice but it trails off. Only thing worth bumping after one mic is What goes around.

Blueprint gets no skipping...maybe that trackmasters track but otherwise that album is still what I associate with the year 2001 along with 9/11.
Gotta agree but for different reasons.

I like Destroy & Rebuild. But yeah album does wean off.
The blueprint is Jay Z top 3 album *reasonable doubt, Black Album, and The Blueprint*. I don't remember Stillmatic as much as illmatic.

Ether is a top 5 diss track of all time though.
I would argue The Blueprint was better then the black album off the strength that every song was different and you would relate to it. Black Album was more so painting a perspective the avg person cant relate to.

HisFlyness

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Production wise, lyrics wise?

Both. IMO. Nas range of topics was superior, but verse for verse Jay was spittin harder. Production wise very little stood out to me on Stillmatic. Ether's production was the high point,then maybe The Flyest and Destroy and Rebuild. The rest were average to me. Jay had some duds, Jigga That Nigga and Renegade, but the rest of the production was A-1. IMO

P.S. That "Em murdered you on your own shit" line was funny to me because A.Z. out-shined Nasir on "The Flyest." He also killed him on "Life's a Bitch."