What's the best free Antivirus program?

DarkCity

Support BGOL
Registered
avast_antivirus.gif

http://dw.com.com/redir?edId=3&siteId=4&oId=3000-2239_4-10019223&ontId=2239_4&spi=a5f0693ef1d237eed90ae3c913eacea1&lop=link&tag=tdw_dltext&ltype=dl_dlnow&pid=10888427&mfgId=85737&merId=85737&pguid=GZhZ-AoPjAUAABDOLvYAAAAw&destUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.download.com%2F3001-2239_4-10019223.html%3Fspi%3Da5f0693ef1d237eed90ae3c913eacea1

Avast Home Edition is a complete ICSA & Checkmark certified antivirus, Checkmark certified anti-spyware & anti-rootkit package. Avast includes the following components: On demand scanner with skinnable simple interface, just select what do you want to scan in which way and press the Play button; On access scanner, special providers to protect the most of available e-mail clients; Instant messaging--ICQ, Miranda; Network traffic--intrusion detection, lightweight firewall; P2P protection for Kazaa, BitTorrent; Web shield--monitors and filters all HTTP traffic; NNTP scanner--scans all Usenet Newsgroup traffic and all operations with files on PC; Boot time scanner--scans disks in the same way and in the same time as Windows CHKDSK does.

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have been using this for years and I swear by it

I got the link from C-Net so its a mirror that is the spot I got the write up from. But they all are the same program.

can you tell me how much memory its using
in the task manager

thanks

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bumpz

hey lurkers I know you guys must use one of the 3 mention so far :eek:

come on out

MadWun

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
AVG Free.

I have used this and is what i install for all my peeps.

Never have had an issue with AVG for over 3-4 years that I have been using it. AVG

AVG_Antivirus_System_logo.jpg

Delta7

Star
Registered
AVG Free.

Never have had an issue with AVG for over 3-4 years that I have been using it. AVG

AVG 8 is trash, high memory usage, no rootkit detection, I can go on.

Like I said watch that review on that link before you decide.

three-fifths

searching for the remaining 143,999
Platinum Member
AVG Free.

co-sign.

i also use this program bcuz it works with vista.

i dunno if avast or antivir is also compatible with vista. prolly not. vista sucks sometimes. :smh:

Swizz Heat

The I'm not amused MOD
BGOL Investor
NOD32 protects anything...
n6b6nb.jpg

Ok, on a serious note, I started with Symantec Corporate then switched to NOD32 but they soon discovered the crack so now I'm using a AV that many don't know about but is good as hell ...

4grygj.jpg

This is the enterprise version, no serial or crack needed, free updates, not a hog on resources, run nicely in background, also comes with antispyware. I had this on my pc before but got a good crack for NOD32 but came back to this. I stop using crack AV because sooner or later the company will patch it and you have to look for another crack again, to much work. Lots of good free AV out there, find one and stick with it. Stop putting cracked shit on your pc fellas! If not this one I'll would have Symantec Corporate on my pc. I use mostly enterprise or corporate versions of AV because they require no serials or cracks.

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
Eacceleration Stop Sign

Eacceleration used to be one of the companies that would have those fake "you have been infected" popups making people download their software while putting all typa funky, hard to remove shit on your system.

I dont know if they went legit or still roll like that but I would use a better product man.

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered

Delta7

Star
Registered
You are one fucked in the head in tht head individual but I agree w this post. Take a look at the wildersecurity forum. Lotta official info on there.

:hmm:

That link I posted is all you need, the guy "matt" owns a pc repair business and fixes about 5 to 10 computers a day. He test out all AV's with highly infected virtual machines so I trust his reviews.

And no disrespect but I don't get why people would shit on other people different than themselves and before they try to assist they avoid or stay away. I'm always the type of cat to help people if I have but no big deal... I don't care what people think.

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
my new laptop came with trend micro
should I uninstall and get AVG insted?

tren micro is free for a year

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
:hmm:

That link I posted is all you need, the guy "matt" owns a pc repair business and fixes about 5 to 10 computers a day. He test out all AV's with highly infected virtual machines so I trust his reviews..

When I'm looking for info on a subject - I tend to checkout forums where experts or enthusiasts frequent. That way you can participate + get different opinions. Almost always better than getting one mans opinion.

... and as for your issues, you need therapy, not threads.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
my new laptop came with trend micro
should I uninstall and get AVG insted?

tren micro is free for a year

I would roll with that Trend Micro until it expires, then worry about moving on. No more effective AV than Housecall. They do take a long time though

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
avast_antivirus.gif

I'll go with that!

I've used AVG and it was okay except for when it expires.
Nod32 is decent but it's hard to get a working key without blacklisting.

Fuck Norton, Fuck McAfee.