What Megalodon would've looked like from inside a cage!!!

merce77

Star
Registered
:confused:

Man drop a link I have to read this :lol:

Didn't read it, was watching a show on Discovery or NAtGeo and a Navy Capt was talking about how they were doing maintenance on one of their subs and they started to notice these suction marks on the hull....they assume it was a giant squid, I would tend to agree being that they're known to attack Sperm Whales which can dive deeper than any sub we have and whose hide is denser than the hull of one of those subs, I'll see if I can find the Doc.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
mega-shark.jpg

merce77

Star
Registered
In the meantime tho, check Richard Ellis's Sea Monsters book, he discusses accounts of rubber seals on U.S. Navy nuke submarines which appear to have been damaged by hooks like those on the tentacle clubs of giant squid.

Tazirai

Star
Registered
Actually I meant to say that the Mega wasn't very big on manueverability, just caught that, they were huge, but what you are saying makes sense tho. And giant squids have left sucker marks on nuclear submarines:eek:

I've heard of that from My uncle He worked on a Recon sub in Cali for awhile, before he graduated up to Nuclear clearance. Dude said thae'y find ripped flesh and shit on the subs primarily near the place where they dumped refuse.

smokedacane

Star
Registered
I've heard of that from My uncle He worked on a Recon sub in Cali for awhile, before he graduated up to Nuclear clearance. Dude said thae'y find ripped flesh and shit on the subs primarily near the place where they dumped refuse.

Ripped flesh of Giant squids?

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

One of the prime reasons Killer Whales were responsible for making the Mega's extinct (as far as we know) because they were more effecient at acquiring food and were just another form of competition for resources Mega's could not adapt too.

The Giant Squid is most definitely still around. The battle scars from there suckers are very much still visible on Sperm Whales.

All I want to know is what made the infamous bleep sound:eek:

And here is my mock shark pic drop for the thread (oldie but still good)

badday.jpg

i see your rediculous photoshopped shark pics
and raise u...

2nw3hxl.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

merce77

Star
Registered
Ripped flesh of Giant squids?

Remember that the main predator of Giant Squids is the Sperm Whale, Sperm Whales are the closest things in nature to a sub, they even look alike, so it's entirely plausible. Whether or not it's a fact, I can't say, we know more about dinosaurs than giant squids. Perhaps the sonar pinging attracts them:dunno: