We've Lost Another Sarah Dash

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Man people don't know how badasss she was musically. Just a step below Patti vocally. ONE step.
She sang when soul music was real and you had to be talented
Yeah I always thought she should've gotten the chance to sing lead when LaBelle was still together. Guess Patti had too much ego to ever sing backup on a song or two. It might've lead to their lasting longer as a group.Not to mention to show a little versatility.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Yeah I always thought she should've gotten the chance to sing lead when LaBelle was still together. Guess Patti had too much ego to ever sing backup on a song or two. It might've lead to their lasting longer as a group.Not to mention to show a little versatility.

Agreed. Dash and Hendryx showed themselves capable of holding down more than a few songs.
Sarah Dash never got the chance to really take flight like she could. At least not with LaBelle

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Agreed. Dash and Hendryx showed themselves capable of holding down more than a few songs.
Sarah Dash never got the chance to really take flight like she could. At least not with LaBelle
I would call that shortsightedness on the part of Patti. Versatility can translate into longevity. I honestly got tired of Patti at the lead. An I liked Patti. The first two albums I bought the last one I didn't touch.

When Patti collaborated with others for me those songs were great. But I tired quickly of Patti together with LaBelle .