Week 4: Start or Sit

Fort Liquordale

Star
Registered
Need Help Fam Going Against One Of The Big 3 In My League

Should i Start
Steve Smith (NYG) vs KC or Wes Welker (NE) vs BAL ????

Here Is the rest of the line up

Eli Manning (QB)
Brandon Jacobs (RB)
Amad Bradshaw (RB)
Andre Johnson (WR)
Jason Witten (TE)
Glen Coffee (W/R)
Ryan Longwell (K)
& Starting the Saints (D) over Bal (D) this wk
Baltimore has the Pats Not sure how they will hold up with Brandy Kinda Getting Into A Grove & The Saints Have The Jets :dunno::dunno:

keysersoze

Star
Registered
I'd go with Steve Smith over Wes Welker.

I've had Welker on my team and he hasn't been productive and won't be against the tough Ravens defense, especially since he's comming off an injury. Smith has had TD in his last 2 games and seems to be Eli's favorite WR.

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
steve smith

not only is he playing a weaker team but welker is coming back from injury

what do you guys think about me dropping eddie royal for tj whosyourmomma?

its not official yet cuz waivers in my league get processed tonight but I should get it cuz the niggas who moke moves are all below me in the order

both guys have underproduced but @ the same time I think TJ will bounce back while Royal doesn't seem to be a favorite of Ortons and their schedule is about to get tough

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Smith or Walker is a game time decision. Because you don't know if Walker will even suit up. If he does, I use him. But you'd better watch a pregame show to make sure he's playing first

rebell4life

Support BGOL
Registered
If its a ppr i dont sit welker he can get 25 pts without scoring a td dont think smith will do that plus the giants are going to run all over kc. better yet sit whitten and play andre welker and smith

keysersoze

Star
Registered
what do you guys think about me dropping eddie royal for tj whosyourmomma?

its not official yet cuz waivers in my league get processed tonight but I should get it cuz the niggas who moke moves are all below me in the order

both guys have underproduced but @ the same time I think TJ will bounce back while Royal doesn't seem to be a favorite of Ortons and their schedule is about to get tough

I like TJ's chances more so than Royals since the Seahawks have easy ass schedule that includes the Lions, Rams, Jags, Buccs, and Texans.

Hasselback will be back in another week or 2 as well.

Royall seems to have go off the radar screen from Orton :smh:

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I like TJ's chances more so than Royals since the Seahawks have easy ass schedule that includes the Lions, Rams, Jags, Buccs, and Texans.

Hasselback will be back in another week or 2 as well.

Royall seems to have go off the radar screen from Orton :smh:

cool

hopefully nobody in front of me picks him up

I expected big things from royal and while he has a chacne to turn it around I am 1-2 and need to jump on this while I have the chance

Somebody gave up on TJ too soon and you are right about the seahawks schedule

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
cool

hopefully nobody in front of me picks him up

I expected big things from royal and while he has a chacne to turn it around I am 1-2 and need to jump on this while I have the chance

Somebody gave up on TJ too soon and you are right about the seahawks schedule

got em :cool:

keysersoze

Star
Registered

:lol::lol: you waited up to see the claim go through.

Don't start him this week unless you have to - I have him and Nate Nurleson and Nate has become more of fave recently, especially with Seneca Wallace's since he prefers Nate Burleson to TJ.

I still think you should try to get back Royal since I'm sure Orton will realize Royal's talent.

Last edited:

Johnny_2_Clips

Support BGOL
Registered
To the OP, I would start the BAL defense over NO due to the fact that NE has proven to be beatable and the Ravens defense has been steller so far.

Fort Liquordale

Star
Registered
To the OP, I would start the BAL defense over NO due to the fact that NE has proven to be beatable and the Ravens defense has been steller so far.

I felt the same way plus Bal defense hasn't let me down like I said I'm goin against one of my big 3 in my league and with Bal @ NE I feel The Saints give me a better chance, bit game time I may go with the Ravens anyways

Fort Liquordale

Star
Registered
If its a ppr i dont sit welker he can get 25 pts without scoring a td dont think smith will do that plus the giants are going to run all over kc. better yet sit whitten and play andre welker and smith

I figured NY would run it down the throat of the Chiefs so was thinking about starting Flacco over Eli damn this week gone be tough

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Here we go again...

Romo against Denver's D, or Eli against Kansas City?

This should be a no brainer, but feedback is always a plus.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I like Romo's chances of throwing for more yards.

Against Denver fam? They haven't allowed a passing TD in 3 games and have the best Defense in the league going into Week 4.

Plus it's the against the AFC. Those fuckers are well prepared for the air game.

I figure Eli's gonna have the ball in his hands against KC, more times than Romo will against Denver.

The Chiefs are 21st in defense going into Week 4, and with Eli's new favorite target in Steve Smith, (who i'm starting as well Sunday) I figured Eli would be the safer bet.

Any takers?

Fort Liquordale

Star
Registered
Against Denver fam? They haven't allowed a passing TD in 3 games and have the best Defense in the league going into Week 4.

Plus it's the against the AFC. Those fuckers are well prepared for the air game.

I figure Eli's gonna have the ball in his hands against KC, more times than Romo will against Denver.

The Chiefs are 21st in defense going into Week 4, and with Eli's new favorite target in Steve Smith, (who i'm starting as well Sunday) I figured Eli would be the safer bet.

Any takers?

I'm feeling you on Eli fam he my starting guy as well cause I'm thinking Flacco going to have issue playing at NE this week but with the Giants run game I'm sure play action will be there all day for Eli
But for u I can't call it I think Romo might try to shine this week and upset Denver they still have Barber out and Romo might get the bull of the work

keysersoze

Star
Registered

Any takers?

Its a close call but I feel that Denver's defense only looks good because they faced 2 of the worst teams (Raiders & Browns) earlier.

In week 1 Carson Plamer threw for 247 yards against their defense. Sure there were 2 interceptions but 1 of them was just weird and yielded a TD.

I think Romo has learned to be careful and throw in limited safe passes (see the previous game against the Panthers) where he threw for 255 yards despite no TDs. I think he get more bold against the Broncos in some situations.

On the flip side, Eli Manning's last game where the Giants dominated the Buccs resulted in only 161 yards. Sure he had 2 TDs but they were short 4 yard and 18 yard TDs.

I think TDs aside, Romo will get at least 1 TD maybe 2 and Eli will get 1 TD for sure and maybe 2 but Giants will run against the KC defensive line which is REALLY REALLY BAD (they let Raiders beat them with FGs and Rushing TD).

I see the Giants taking a lead and then just chewing up the clock with their running game.

Bottom line: If your valuing yards more, go with Romo - if your league gives more points to TDs and takes more points off for interceptions, then play it safe with Eli.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Its a close call but I feel that Denver's defense only looks good because they faced 2 of the worst teams (Raiders & Browns) earlier.

In week 1 Carson Plamer threw for 247 yards against their defense. Sure there were 2 interceptions but 1 of them was just weird and yielded a TD.

I think Romo has learned to be careful and throw in limited safe passes (see the previous game against the Panthers) where he threw for 255 yards despite no TDs. I think he get more bold against the Broncos in some situations.

On the flip side, Eli Manning's last game where the Giants dominated the Buccs resulted in only 161 yards. Sure he had 2 TDs but they were short 4 yard and 18 yard TDs.

I think TDs aside, Romo will get at least 1 TD maybe 2 and Eli will get 1 TD for sure and maybe 2 but Giants will run against the KC defensive line which is REALLY REALLY BAD (they let Raiders beat them with FGs and Rushing TD).

I see the Giants taking a lead and then just chewing up the clock with their running game.

Bottom line: If your valuing yards more, go with Romo - if your league gives more points to TDs and takes more points off for interceptions, then play it safe with Eli.

Well put. I need to go over our league scoring one more time. Good info. :yes:

keysersoze

Star
Registered
I have 3 RB spots on my team and I have:

Ray Rice,
Darren McFadden,
Darren Sproles,
Leon Washington,
Glen Coffee,
Clinton Portis

I'm def starting Glen Coffee. Right now I'm leaning towards starting Darren McFadden (@ Tex) and Ray Rice (@ NE).

Anyone think I should start Clinton Portis @ Tamp in place of one of the others - and which one.

Giants backs killed Tampa but last week Portis didn't do much against the shitty Lions defense :(

Advice?

Fort Liquordale

Star
Registered
I have 3 RB spots on my team and I have:

Ray Rice,
Darren McFadden,
Darren Sproles,
Leon Washington,
Glen Coffee,
Clinton Portis

I'm def starting Glen Coffee. Right now I'm leaning towards starting Darren McFadden (@ Tex) and Ray Rice (@ NE).

Anyone think I should start Clinton Portis @ Tamp in place of one of the others - and which one.

Giants backs killed Tampa but last week Portis didn't do much against the shitty Lions defense :(

Advice?

Im starting Coffee as well this week Mcfadden hasnt done much for me yet so im sitting him, I think Rice will have an ok game NE they havnt been that great on defense so far this year and Tampa has the worst run "D" the Giants torched them last week. If you wanted to start Portis i would say this week the Skins need something bad so i think the play calling going to be alot of runs this week since Tampa sucks against the run & also i dont think Mcfadden is the starting back either so that another angle you need to look at

:dunno::dunno:

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol::lol: you waited up to see the claim go through.

Don't start him this week unless you have to - I have him and Nate Nurleson and Nate has become more of fave recently, especially with Seneca Wallace's since he prefers Nate Burleson to TJ.

I still think you should try to get back Royal since I'm sure Orton will realize Royal's talent.

I have to start him

my wrs are fitz(bye week), colston, TJ, Antonio Bryant, and Pierre Garcon

I am waiting for Bryant to get healthy im gonna wait on him for a couple more weeks

so im starting TJ, Colston, and Carcon this week

my RBs are Frank Gore :(, Coffee, Mcfadden, Knowshon Moreno, and donald brown

im probably gonna start coffe and mcfadden, boy I tell ya mcfadden is on thin ice with me :hmm::hmm:

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Skins are desperate after that debacle last week so I'd definitely start with Clinton Portis.

keysersoze

Star
Registered
Skins are desperate after that debacle last week so I'd definitely start with Clinton Portis.

Portis has been a disappoint so far this year - not a single TD. I can't believe I selected him as my No. 1 RB and McFadden as my No. 2 RBs. :smh::angry:

If I didn't get lucky with grabbing Ray Rice later rounds, and LT getting injured to give Sproles value, I wouldn't have screwed at my RB positions. :angry:

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Portis has been a disappoint so far this year - not a single TD. I can't believe I selected him as my No. 1 RB and McFadden as my No. 2 RBs. :smh::angry:

If I didn't get lucky with grabbing Ray Rice later rounds, and LT getting injured to give Sproles value, I wouldn't have screwed at my RB positions. :angry:

:angry::puke::angry::puke::angry:

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
BGOL Investor

Yea im stuck with portis no scoring ass too.. he killed me last week.. i started him over Pierre who went iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin... I wont make that mistake this week.. im going with Coffee and Pierre and Donald driver in the flex with Moss & Manningham as my WR's

Edit..Randy Moss that is.. none of them other niggas lol

icepicc

Star
BGOL Investor
OP you should start Steve Smith, He is Eli's go to guy....

didn't feel the need to start a new thread but i just wanted to ask the board a question which fantasy team do you think would win in a head to head match up in week 4:

QB Tom Brady
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Andre Johnson
WR Steve Smith
RB Chris Johnson
RB Willis McGahee
TE Owen Daniels
W/R Vincent Jackson
W/R Santonio Holmes
Q/W/R/T Aaron Rodgers
K-Ryan Longwell
DEF New York Giants
D Charles Woodson

or

QB Drew Brees
WR Terrell Owens
WR Roy Williams
WR Marques Colston
RB Marion Barber
RB Julius Jones
TE Vernon Davis
W/R Ray Rice
W/R Cedric Benson
Q/W/R/T Jay Cutler
K Stephen Gostkowski
DEF Baltimore
D Elvis Dumervil

keysersoze

Star
Registered
OP you should start Steve Smith, He is Eli's go to guy....

didn't feel the need to start a new thread but i just wanted to ask the board a question which fantasy team do you think would win in a head to head match up in week 4:

QB Tom Brady
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Andre Johnson
WR Steve Smith
RB Chris Johnson
RB Willis McGahee
TE Owen Daniels
W/R Vincent Jackson
W/R Santonio Holmes
Q/W/R/T Aaron Rodgers
K-Ryan Longwell
DEF New York Giants
D Charles Woodson

or

QB Drew Brees
WR Terrell Owens
WR Roy Williams
WR Marques Colston
RB Marion Barber
RB Julius Jones
TE Vernon Davis
W/R Ray Rice
W/R Cedric Benson
Q/W/R/T Jay Cutler
K Stephen Gostkowski
DEF Baltimore
D Elvis Dumervil

I go with team 1

WR Roy Williams is useless and Colston will be shut down by Jets def as well as Marion Barber coming off an injury.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Would pick team 1 as well, but not because Brees or Colston. Believe that's going to be a high scoring game, Colston might get shut down if Revis is guarding him, but he's due for a letdown. But look for Aaron Rodgers to post BIG numbers tommorrow if he has any pride. Also the Giants defense gets their leader, Justin Tuck, back tomorrow and they're just coming off a shutout, so they should get plenty of sacks and TOs, although Bradshaw may not play so that will hurt their KO Return stats which is all included in Team Defense (if the league is any good)

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

same here
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
i started him over ray rice too :smh:

if he cant get it done vs that texans run d then he probably just isn't gonna get it done

I see justin fargas is back so im done with mcfadden

I picked up moreno last week and also have donald brown on my bench along with him

With buckhalter going down morenos value just went up and he had a decent day yesterday

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
would you niggas trade fitz for either mike turner, forte or cedric benson????

I have an offer on the table and im dyin at RB right now what would you do?

I have colson, TJ, Garcon, and Antonio Bryant as other wrs

keysersoze

Star
Registered
would you niggas trade fitz for either mike turner, forte or cedric benson????

I have an offer on the table and im dyin at RB right now what would you do?

I have colson, TJ, Garcon, and Antonio Bryant as other wrs

2 options:

1st - I'd do it for Forte.

2nd - package garcon&bryant for 1 of them.