We Need to Gentrify OUR own neighborhoods!

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
12002880_984827061569635_6755637217032727858_n.jpg

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Whatever Dude... So, we buy up our hood, but still have the bad element floating around? Nah, I'm straight where I am :hmm:

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Dumb ass they wont be able to afford to stay there anymore. SMH Niggas and economics.

Ok bitch nigga, I'll bite! Your silly ass came out of lurking mode obviously needing some attention...

So, where are the funds to 'buy up the hood' coming from?

In the mean time, where do you displace these people, many of them our own people, when you make the hood unaffordable to live in? What is the plan for that?

What happens to the quality of life to those people, who are displace? What is the plan for that?

Before you come in here all walking tall trying to get attention Mr. Economics, at least have a clear well thought out rebuttal Dumb ass...

Now carry you stupid ass back into lurking... :hmm:

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Gentrification is really invasion by population. It's no different than what the government did to the Native Americans 200 years ago.

They started by selling them an addictive poison. This caused violence and social ills the community and caused an understandable outrage by people. In response the government sent in the military to restore "order".

Once this "order" was restored it was safe for whites to come in and buy cheap land. Usually low grade thuggery and legal manipulations came along with it. The original inhabitants were shuttled off to remote areas that whites no longer wanted to live.

Sound familiar?

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Gentrification is really invasion by population. It's no different than what the government did to the Native Americans 200 years ago.

They started by selling them an addictive poison. This caused violence and social ills the community and caused an understandable outrage by people. In response the government sent in the military to restore "order".

Once this "order" was restored it was safe for whites to come in and buy cheap land. Usually low grade thuggery and legal manipulations came along with it. The original inhabitants were shuttled off to remote areas that whites no longer wanted to live.

Sound familiar?

Essentially, this big bold move by Well to do Blacks to 'take back' the 'hood' per se, is no different than what white people have been doing, only it will be well to do black people taking over the neighborhoods. Same end result, the black families will be displaced, cast off, treated like second class citizens... however the 'hood' will be a better place to live, only for those who can afford it...

So, whats the difference :confused:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Gentrification is a system that works by replacing poorer people with people with more money... Now as long as we are making less money than whites the economic divide will resemble racial lines..
But lets have a quick 101 on how the gentrification system works..
Say you have a building worth 700,000 and you are charging 500 per month in rent, you are making profit due to the relative taxes..
But now you neighbor puts a room up for rent and due to the over bidding the rent goes up from 500 per month to 800...Then another pushing it to 1000 per month...
Now the home that you own, which was once valued at 700,000 skyrockets to 1,500,000 and your taxes on it triples..
With the higher taxes you are no longer able to make ends meet, and now with the new, richer tenants in your neighborhood, they start requesting more shit, for example sanitation fines skyrockets and the poorer tenets who are less likely to keep their garbage tightly are now bleeding your pockets..
You are forced to either sell or kick them out...
If you sell, chances are only a white person can pay the steep price, and if you kick them out and rent, chances are only white tenants can afford the elevated prices, on top of that you'd be listed as a sellout...
Then the tenants start requesting more and more shit, flowers, cameras, security systems, new paint, new garbage receptors, new awnings, new windows, new kitchens, new floors... And before long in order to keep up with their growing demands, rent prices shoot up to 3,000 per month even if you don't upgrade, the of your tax rises to your potential income based on what your home should be worth..
Now you guys are talking about reversing this, humor me by explaining how you guys plan on reversing this process...

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Gentrification is a system that works by replacing poorer people with people with more money... Now as long as we are making less money than whites the economic divide will resemble racial lines..
But lets have a quick 101 on how the gentrification system works..
Say you have a building worth 700,000 and you are charging 500 per month in rent, you are making profit due to the relative taxes..
But now you neighbor puts a room up for rent and due to the over bidding the rent goes up from 500 per month to 800...Then another pushing it to 1000 per month...
Now the home that you own, which was once valued at 700,000 skyrockets to 1,500,000 and your taxes on it triples..
With the higher taxes you are no longer able to make ends meet, and now with the new, richer tenants in your neighborhood, they start requesting more shit, for example sanitation fines skyrockets and the poorer tenets who are less likely to keep their garbage tightly are now bleeding your pockets..
You are forced to either sell or kick them out...
If you sell, chances are only a white person can pay the steep price, and if you kick them out and rent, chances are only white tenants can afford the elevated prices, on top of that you'd be listed as a sellout...
Then the tenants start requesting more and more shit, flowers, cameras, security systems, new paint, new garbage receptors, new awnings, new windows, new kitchens, new floors... And before long in order to keep up with their growing demands, rent prices shoot up to 3,000 per month even if you don't upgrade, the of your tax rises to your potential income based on what your home should be worth..
Now you guys are talking about reversing this, humor me by explaining how you guys plan on reversing this process...

There is over 30,000,000 black people in America. I can't believe for one minute that nobody has the wealth and ambition to put this kind of a plan together and gentrify the hood. It's not logical. It only makes sense if there's a racial component involved as well.

When i lived in a gentrifying neighborhood in Oakland my white neighbor called the cops on my downstairs roommates falsely claiming they were selling drugs at the house. These guys were no saints, but they weren't drug dealers. Of they were there would be friends banging on the door as hours of the night. My neighbor did this because he heard the house was going into foreclosure and wanted them out of the way to buy it.

He was also part of a white home buyers group that guarantee each other's loans. They also threw parties so they could find out who else was having trouble holding on to their houses.

If you want a way to solve this i would suggest looking at the housing finance records of stone of these gentrified properties. I wouldn't be surprised if there was redlining involved in a lot of cases. With the speed and obviousness of the gentrification machine i wouldn't be surprised if the players are getting sloppy. Violators of the fair housing act can get surf within an inch of their life. Just ask, B of A

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
There is over 30,000,000 black people in America. I can't believe for one minute that nobody has the wealth and ambition to put this kind of a plan together and gentrify the hood. It's not logical. It only makes sense if there's a racial component involved as well.

When i lived in a gentrifying neighborhood in Oakland my white neighbor called the cops on my downstairs roommates falsely claiming they were selling drugs at the house. These guys were no saints, but they weren't drug dealers. Of they were there would be friends banging on the door as hours of the night. My neighbor did this because he heard the house was going into foreclosure and wanted them out of the way to buy it.

He was also part of a white home buyers group that guarantee each other's loans. They also threw parties so they could find out who else was having trouble holding on to their houses.

If you want a way to solve this i would suggest looking at the housing finance records of stone of these gentrified properties. I wouldn't be surprised if there was redlining involved in a lot of cases. With the speed and obviousness of the gentrification machine i wouldn't be surprised if the players are getting sloppy. Violators of the fair housing act can get surf within an inch of their life. Just ask, B of A
Its about big bank takes little bank where the highest bidder wins.. Sure your going to get some blacks being able to compete, but the majority cannot. And to suggest that we blacks perform our own gentrification with out first explaining how we are to do it with out income, is like suggestions Jamaica should invade the US with out explaining how they should do it vs the weapon superiority..

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Even if you are a black home owner in Brooklyn or Harlem and you wanted to rent to blacks it would be virtually impossible to rent it at prices that is affordable to most blacks due to the ever increasing taxes that is scaled to your home worth… This is what kills many black home owners and business.

MCP

International
International Member
I thought this thread was all about improving ourselves and not having some man made bitchery going on.

People.

This thread is about helping each other better ourselves. If the two people involved wanna get into it, send each other a PM and stop your nonsense please.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
I thought this thread was all about improving ourselves and not having some man made bitchery going on.

People.

This thread is about helping each other better ourselves. If the two people involved wanna get into it, send each other a PM and stop your nonsense please.
The only way to improve yourself is to first know theyself and understand tge nayue of his enemy.. If you are suggesting we up lift ourselves by playing some make believe what if game with no relationship to the real world, well I don't see how that can actually help..
Now if you have some suggestions that can counter the impact of gentrification, please feel free to share and from there we can have an intelligent debate..

MCP

International
International Member
The only way to improve yourself is to first know theyself and understand tge nayue of his enemy.. If you are suggesting we up lift ourselves by playing some make believe what if game with no relationship to the real world, well I don't see how that can actually help..
Now if you have some suggestions that can counter the impact of gentrification, please feel free to share and from there we can have an intelligent debate..

If you have read the post previously on this thread when two people here on this thread was going at each other with such negativity, hence why I post what I said.

Please do so before making so comments.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
If you have read the post previously on this thread when two people here on this thread was going at each other with such negativity, hence why I post what I said.

Please do so before making so comments.

Ok np I didn't know who it was directed towards and assumed it was me after me and DannyBlueeyes went back and forth..
But hey no harm no foul..:cool:

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Its about big bank takes little bank where the highest bidder wins.. Sure your going to get some blacks being able to compete, but the majority cannot. And to suggest that we blacks perform our own gentrification with out first explaining how we are to do it with out income, is like suggestions Jamaica should invade the US with out explaining how they should do it vs the weapon superiority..

I still think one solution is to investigate the banks' lending practices and catch them in the act of redlining. Once exposed the lawsuits would allow more people to not only hold on to their homes, but the extra money can be used to renegotiate the mortgage or improve the property.

A lot of the building improvements like flowers and security cameras are relatively cheap to install and maintain. Paint, floors, windows and kitchens have to be periodically replaced in a rental unit anyway. Replacing them with higher grade materials at the due time is far from impossible.

The owner still might have to rent to whites, but renters tend to be transient. Once the economy dips, a big employer leaves the city, or a crime wave occurs most will get scared and move back to the suburbs again. White fear is usually out of proportion when it comes to black people.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
I still think one solution is to investigate the banks' lending practices and catch them in the act of redlining. Once exposed the lawsuits would allow more people to not only hold on to their homes, but the extra money can be used to renegotiate the mortgage or improve the property.

A lot of the building improvements like flowers and security cameras are relatively cheap to install and maintain. Paint, floors, windows and kitchens have to be periodically replaced in a rental unit anyway. Replacing them with higher grade materials at the due time is far from impossible.

The owner still might have to rent to whites, but renters tend to be transient. Once the economy dips, a big employer leaves the city, or a crime wave occurs most will get scared and move back to the suburbs again. White fear is usually out of proportion when it comes to black people.
There's defiantly a bubble in the making and if there is to be another economic hiccup like the 08 one, and man this deck of cards is going to collapse fast and very hard..

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
There's defiantly a bubble in the making and if there is to be another economic hiccup like the 08 one, and man this deck of cards is going to collapse fast and very hard..

I can't speak for anywhere else, but Bay Area real estate is certainly in a bubble. I first moved to West Oakland in 2008 and paid $450/month for a room. I moved back to that same neighborhood 5 years later and had to pay $650/month for a room half the size.

This happened in part because many of the people work for tech startups who pay high salaries based on money they expect to recoup later. When that doesn't happen investors pull back and everyone gets laid off. That's how I lost my job back in July.

Now I see companies like Rad Pad (An app that takes your rent money and pays your landlord with a paper check) putting expensive billboard adds on the subway station. When an idea that asinine can get that kind of funding then the writing is on the wall. Things are about to collapse.

Bill Gurley from Benchmark Capital did an incredible article on the subject for the Wall Street Journal last year. You can read it here.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/venture-capitalist-sounds-alarm-on-silicon-valley-risk-1410740054