WAYNE SHORTER (WEATHER REPORT, ETC) HAS MADE HIS TRANSITION

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
One of the Greatest Jazz Musicians EVER!!!
Attended many Weather Report shows and his own various groups during The late 70s - The 80s.

Post some of your favorite Shorter works
R.I.P.

Wayne Shorter, icon of jazz saxophone, dies aged 89

3208.jpg

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I swear I hate today culture. Anytime I read transition the first thing that comes to mind is, “Damn he’s a woman now?” Lol

RIP to the brother.

Yeah.
I Hear Ya.
I did think about that a few minutes later after posting.
But obviously, My Mind was more geared towards the Artistic and Spiritual.

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
R.I.P....was catching wayne up here at the detroit jazz fest damm near every year since 2010 with almost every big name jazz artist
in the game on stage with him.. he will be missed here in detroit...:crymeariver::crymeariver:

sorcererforemost

Rising Star
Registered
He lives on as the character Weather Report in the anime Jojos Bizarre adventure.

Yes, the character is named after the actual Weather Report. Same as many other others like Pet Shop, Iggy, Wham, Darby, Echos, Gold Experience, and more.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Damn man. Weather Report was decades in the future when they were dropping jewels back in the 70s!!!!

RIP Brother.

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member

Peaceful Journey Brother Wayne Shorter ..thank you for the fusion.... #LegacyplaysOn4ever

Rest-In-Peace.gif

the artist

Same shit, different day
BGOL Investor
R.I.P....was catching wayne up here at the detroit jazz fest damm near every year since 2010 with almost every big name jazz artist
in the game on stage with him.. he will be missed here in detroit...:crymeariver::crymeariver:

I'm there every year also.
Matter of fact, he just won a Grammy last month for his Live at The Detroit Jazz Festival record with Terri Lyne Carrington

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
According to a distance cousin of mine, who was an educator in Washington, DC, through researching her family tree, she discovered that Wayne Shorter was a distance cousin.
Which would mean that he was also a distance cousin of mine (although, we have never met).

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Matter of fact, he just won a Grammy last month for his Live at The Detroit Jazz Festival record with Terri Lyne Carrington

Saw Carrington drum for Shorter in the late 80s for this CD.
She was AMAZING!!!
56c216f432c102bb2877b80ceb3913e7f0e95b89

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
sho did and i was there also..i forgot that mack ave.records was recording all the sets down there...