Walmart kicked in its pussy for $31million for firing employee

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
Wal-Mart whistleblower pharmacist wins $31 million after getting fired for reporting safety concerns
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Saturday, January 30, 2016, 11:29 AM

walmart31n_1_web.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/wal-mart-whistleblower-pharmacist-wins-31-million-article-1.2514696

CONCORD, N.H. — A jury has awarded more than $31 million in damages to a former Wal-Mart pharmacist in New Hampshire who claimed she was wrongly fired after reporting safety concerns about co-workers dispensing prescriptions.

Maureen McPadden was a 13-year employee who reported her concerns to management while working in Wal-Mart’s Seabrook pharmacy. She was fired in 2012 after losing her pharmacy key.

The jury awarded most of the money Thursday based on gender discrimination claims, but also found Wal-Mart’s conduct was retaliation for her complaints about safety issues and/or privacy violations.

McPadden, 51, said she was confident she would prevail even before the jury announced its verdicts after about three hours of deliberations.

“I honestly feel the jurors listened intently,” she said.

Maureen McPadden, 51, won a gender discrimination lawsuit against Wal-Mart.

“I really feel they wanted to send a message that the little guy has a voice, that Wal-Mart did something wrong.”

Randy Hargrove, director of media relations nationally the Bentonville, Arkansas-based company, said Wal-Mart will ask the court to set aside the verdict or reduce the damages.

“We do not tolerate discrimination of any type and neither that nor any concerns Ms. McPadden raised about her store’s pharmacy played a role in her dismissal,” Hargrove said.

McPadden testified that she was disciplined twice in the year before her termination because pharmacy technicians did not file required reports on two occasions.

The store’s reps denied that McPadden was discriminated against.
Her lawyers, Richard Fradette and Lauren Irwin, said a male pharmacist at a Wal-Mart in Plaistow, New Hampshire, who lost a pharmacy key within the year after McPadden was terminated, was disciplined, but not fired.

McPadden said her mother and sister at times urged her to give up and move on in the three years leading up to trial, but said she was inspired by her late father to persevere.

“My father always told me that my job was very, very important and that I had a real duty to keep my patients safe,” she said.

“The conditions in the pharmacy were not safe. It was really in my soul to do something about it.”

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
So this CAC bitch gets 31 mill because her feelings got hurt... But the wife of Jerame Reid who was killed by Police in a vendetta style shooting here in NJ only get a couple Mill?! Yep, another glaring example of white privileges :smh:

J.E.T.S

Rising Star
Registered
have their cases been ruled on or are they still active ?

these cases usually take many years to wind their ways thru

One didn't make it out of the EEOC office due to complex and unfair guidelines for legitimate claims.

The others I don't know what happened.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One didn't make it out of the EEOC office due to complex and unfair guidelines for legitimate claims.

The others I don't know what happened.

I realize how difficult the EEOC can be. Years ago when I was a shop steward I assisted a guy who filed his complaint Pro Se...

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So this CAC bitch gets 31 mill because her feelings got hurt... But the wife of Jerame Reid who was killed by Police in a vendetta style shooting here in NJ only get a couple Mill?! Yep, another glaring example of white privileges :smh:
Walmart has deeper pockets. It's also illegal to practice discrimination. It's perfectly legal for a police officer to discharge their weapon if they are reasonable afraid.

Laws.

J.E.T.S

Rising Star
Registered
I realize how difficult the EEOC can be. Years ago when I was a shop steward I assisted a guy who filed his complaint Pro Se...

I also filed one for racial discrimination against a jew a while ago and haven't heard shit. My case worker, a black woman, did everything within her power to write it up so it could meet the requirements for a discrimination case after explaining my situation and providing text and emails of blatant discrimination and harrassment. She also advised me that it's hard to get those claims to even make it out their office.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I also filed one for racial discrimination against a jew a while ago and haven't heard shit. My case worker, a black woman, did everything within her power to write it up so it could meet the requirements for a discrimination case after explaining my situation and providing text and emails of blatant discrimination and harrassment. She also advised me that it's hard to get those claims to even make it out their office.

that is true.....

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
the question is will they pay? I say no way in hell she will see 31million .. maybe 500k

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
Y'all do know that these huge corporations have hundreds of millions reserve accounts for lawsuits and such?
In fact, they make so much money off the interest that the principle doesn't even get touched.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What's word on that dude they fire for picking up bottles and cashing them in?

They have lied and the local Target said they were considering hiring him.. Walmart fired him f0r gross misconduct which means he can't even collect unemployment

Walmart officials have changed their story for the third time after firing Thomas Smith, 52, from his cart corralling job at the East Greenbush store.

Smith received nationwide support after he was fired November 6 for redeeming $2 in empty cans left in a shopping cart near the redemption machines in the breezeway of the store.

After Smith signed a statement admitting to redeeming the cans, a Walmart spokesman said his firing was actually for theft inside the store, and gross misconduct, and that redeeming the cans had nothing to do with it. But that wasn't the last time the story would change.

The Albany Times Union reported that Aaron Mullins, a spokesman for Walmart, later told The Washington Post that Smith was fired for redeeming bottles submitted by customers to the customer service desk. But the customer service desk does not manage empty bottle returns.

Now, Michelle Malashock with Walmart's executive communications department claims Smith was fired because he "did not disclose certain serious criminal convictions during the application process."

Smith and Alice Green of the Center for Law and Justice deny that Smith withheld information about his 2002 robbery conviction in his application. Smith said staff members at a halfway house where he was living helped him fill out the online application over the summer.

"There was a question if I'd ever been convicted of a crime and I said yes, I was convicted of bank robbery," Smith told the Times Union. "I never lied about my conviction. We had classes on finding a job in prison and they always said to say you had a conviction. That's what I did."

Smith is now on parole after serving more than 13 years of a 15-year sentence for the conviction.

A Walmart manager made Smith sign a statement upon his firing which referred to redeeming cans, but did not mention anything to do with his conviction. Walmart initially refused to provide Smith, Green or the Times Union with a copy of the statement, but later provided it to the Washington Post.

In the statement, Smith says he did not think redeeming the cans "was a problem because I did not feel like I was stealing from the store."

Smith's firing sparked angry letters to Walmart's CEO, a GoFundMe campaign, protests at the East Greenbush store on Black Friday and even a call to investigate by Assemblymen John McDonald and Steve McLaughlin.

The lawmakers signed a letter to the commissioner of labor last week demanding an investigation, according to News 10 Albany.

Green said the Center for Law and Justice, and other supporters like the NAACP, will lead a nationwide boycott of Walmart if Smith is not reinstated by the end of the day on Monday.

"His story has never changed. Only Walmart's story keeps changing," Green said. "In all our discussions with Walmart, they never raised the issue of not disclosing his conviction before. We will continue to support and fight for him."

Neither Mullins nor Malashock responded to the Times Union's requests for comment.

Watch the News 10 video report below.
http://www.syracuse.com/state/index.ssf/2015/11/albany_walmart_employee_store_changes_story.html

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They have lied and the local Target said they were considering hiring him.. Walmart fired him f0r gross misconduct which means he can't even collect unemployment
Wow, I hope a lawyer picks up his case and sues the fuck outta them bastards. :smh: