wait, aint nobody talking about Trump about to be arrested?

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Trump lawyers demand judge in New York hush-money case step aside

Attorneys argue Juan Manuel Merchan should recuse himself due to conflict of interest from daughter’s work for leading Democrats

Associated Press in New York
Sat 3 Jun 2023 08.48 EDT

Lawyers for Donald Trump have demanded the judge in the former president’s New York criminal trial, Juan Manuel Merchan, step aside because of what they say is bias and a conflict of interest arising from his daughter’s work for leading Democrats.
In April, Trump pleaded not guilty to the 34 felony charges of falsifying business records, arising from his $130,000 payment to the adult film star Stormy Daniels, who claimed an affair he denies, shortly before the 2016 election.

After his arraignment, Trump complained that Merchan was “a Trump-hating judge” from a family of “Trump haters”.

On Friday, lawyers for Trump alleged that Merchan, a respected jurist in Manhattan criminal court, tipped the scales in two other cases by involving himself in plea negotiations for Trump’s longtime finance chief and requiring him to testify against Trump’s company in exchange for a five-month sentence.

Trump’s lawyers, Susan Necheles and Todd Blanche, also asked Merchan to explain three donations totaling $35 made to Democratic causes in his name in 2020.

Merchan did not respond to inquiries about the donations, which include $15 for Joe Biden’s campaign against Trump, according to federal records. Such contributions are typically prohibited under court rules.

Trump’s criminal case is “historic and it is important that the people of the state of New York and this nation have confidence that the jurist who presides over it is impartial”, Trump’s lawyers wrote in a motion for recusal.

Merchan rejected such a request when Trump’s company was on trial. Trump’s lawyers could be also making a play to raise the issue on appeal. They also submitted 42 pages of what that say is evidence of Merchan’s bias.

The hush-money case continues in state court while Trump’s lawyers seek to transfer it to federal court, which would remove Merchan. A federal judge has scheduled a 27 June hearing.

Merchan has appeared respectful and accommodating in limited interactions with Trump, refusing to issue a gag order even as the ex-president pilloried him, the Manhattan district attorney Alvin Bragg, and others.

At a recent hearing, Merchan said he was “bending over backwards” to make sure he wasn’t stopping Trump having “every opportunity possible to advance his candidacy” for the Republican presidential nomination.

Trump’s recusal motion expands on previous criticism of Merchan.

Click Above Link To View Full Article

trump-courtroom.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Judge in Trump's hush money case refuses to recuse himself

The decision comes more than two months after Trump's lawyers filed a motion seeking to remove Judge Juan Merchan from the upcoming trial, set to begin in March.

By Adam Reiss, Tom Winter, Jonathan Dienst and Summer Concepcion
Aug. 14, 2023, 11:06 AM PDT / Updated Aug. 14, 2023

230404-judge-juan-merchan-ONETIMEUSEmn-1000-81c30e.jpg

Judge Juan Merchan at his office in New York County Criminal Court in 2022.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Judge signals openness to moving Trump's trial date in hush-money case

Merchan said, he will keep the existing schedule for the case, in which Trump is charged with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in connection with hush money paid to adult film star Stormy Daniels during the 2016 presidential campaign. Trump has pleaded not guilty.

The case is schedule to go to trial March 25. He was indicted in March of this year.

By Adam Reiss, Tom Winter, Jonathan Dienst and Zoë Richards
Sep. 11, 2023

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Hunter didn’t do 1/1000000th of what Trump has.
Agreed and I wasn't saying otherwise. My point was about impressions. Trump seems "untouchable" to his opponents like Hunter does to Biden haters because they haven't been touched yet.

Trump has two federal cases starting this year -- election obstruction and classified documents. He'll be touched.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Key Trump Lawyer Withdraws as Manhattan Criminal Trial Nears

Joseph Tacopina brought extensive experience with high-profile cases to former president Donald J. Trump’s legal team.

By Maggie Haberman
Jan. 15, 2024

15tacopina-1-gkzt-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Joseph Tacopina, center, represented Donald J. Trump in criminal and civil cases in New York

geezy

Star
BGOL Investor

Joseph Tacopina brought extensive experience with high-profile cases to former president Donald J. Trump’s legal team.

By Maggie Haberman
Jan. 15, 2024

Joseph Tacopina, center, represented Donald J. Trump in criminal and civil cases in New York
He's too busy hangin out with Asap Rocky...

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member

By Maggie Haberman
Jan. 15, 2024

he was talking shit in the beginning
like trump was innocent and he was gonna prove it

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor

By Maggie Haberman
Jan. 15, 2024

Trump is a sovereign citizen the court has no authority over him no lawyer needed. Chess not Checkers.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Trump is a sovereign citizen the court has no authority over him no lawyer needed. Chess not Checkers.

The whole point of Sovereign Citizenship is you don’t want to pay takes or be associated with American politics….but you want to enjoy all American benefits and protections of the US Government.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I dont think a Sovereign Citizen can run for political office in America.

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The whole point of Sovereign Citizenship is you don’t want to pay takes or be associated with American politics….but you want to enjoy all American benefits and protections of the US Government.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I dont think a Sovereign Citizen can run for political office in America.
i think he was being sarcastic

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

:hmm:

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor

By Maggie Haberman
Jan. 15, 2024

Too late. He’s forever stained now.