Voice Over Work...

mimicman

Star
BGOL Investor
What's up Fam? Anyone on here into Voice Over work? Trying to get any and all info I can from all sources to starting a voice over career.

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor
You been to broadcasting school?
Any connections in media?
Are you heard anywhere now (radio/cable/podcast)?

I have family in voice over, post radio career. It ain't easy.

mimicman

Star
BGOL Investor
no t
You been to broadcasting school?
Any connections in media?
Are you heard anywhere now (radio/cable/podcast)?

I have family in voice over, post radio career. It ain't easy.
No to all the above. I did take a voice over class at a local community college by "the voice of one of our local stations" here in Detroit. Out of the 36 people in class he only asked me and one other person to take the advanced class. I couldn't afford it so I never took it. I was thinking about trying Fiverr, and Upwork to start once I get a vocal reel together

deputy dawg

BGOL Investor
no t

No to all the above. I did take a voice over class at a local community college by "the voice of one of our local stations" here in Detroit. Out of the 36 people in class he only asked me and one other person to take the advanced class. I couldn't afford it so I never took it. I was thinking about trying Fiverr, and Upwork to start once I get a vocal reel together

If you're good and have a unique sound (or you do accents or mimic -as your name says) those 2 outlets may get you some work.

deputy dawg

BGOL Investor
Thanks, that's actually what I am counting on. Plus, nothing beats a failure but a try!! Thanks fam

Do you write material? Do you do voices or mimic famous voices?
Beyond v/o, what else are you interested in?

mimicman

Star
BGOL Investor
Do you write material? Do you do voices or mimic famous voices?
Beyond v/o, what else are you interested in?
I took a comedy class a few months back and had to write my own material. I am interested in acting and screenwriting, and possibly transitioning into producing projects. I can mimic cartoon voices. Not the greatest at mimicing famous voices

trapture

Rising Star
Registered
1. Make a reel or example of your work, so that the world can peep your style & versatility.

2. Check out sites like Fiverr to study the pros and peep game.

Fiverr

3. Put yourself out there! Network with people who produce content.