Virginia

SYDNEYSTREETZ

Star
Registered
:smh:I GOTTA THROW UP THE BULLSHIT FLAG:smh:
AS A CURRENT RESIDENT OF VIRGINIA I HAVE TO SAY THIS FUCKING STATE SUCKS. I'VE UNFORTUNATELY BEEN HERE GOING ON SIX YEARS. THIS STATE IS SO OVER HYPED ITS RIDICULOUS. RICHMOND, NORFOLK, VA BEACH, SUFFOLK, PORTSMOUTH, AND "BAD NEWS":rolleyes: IS SO FUCKING LAME. HAMPTON GETS SOME WHAT OF A PASS, AND THATS ONLY CAUSE HAMPTON UNIVERSITY. ALL THE FINE WOMEN THAT HAVE BEEN BUSSED IN FROM OTHER NEARBY STATES. NORTHERN VA IS "ALRIGHT":rolleyes:. BUT EVERYBODY UP THERE FRONTIN LIKE THEIR FROM D.C. BUT AS A WHOLE THIS FUCKING STATE SUCKS. CLUBS SUCK, STRIP CLUBS REALLY SUCK, FEMALE SELECTION-2 THUMBS DOWN:puke::angry: AND MOST OF THE SOME WHAT DECENT WOMEN ARE FROM OUTTA TOWN( MILITARY/COLLEGE ), CLOTHING:smh:. I GOT DOWN HERE IN 02 AND NIGGAS WAS ROCKING REEBOKS, FLIGHT JACKETS AND AEROBICS SOCKS:smh: ENTERTAINMENT-4 THUMBS DOWN. ALL THESE ENTERTAINERS FROM HERE AND DONT EVER PERFORM HERE:smh:. AND YES, I'VE SEEN IT ALL. FROM PENTAGON CITY(ALEXANDRIA) DOWN TO PO-WHITE(RICHMOND) TO THE 17TH STREET PROJECTS(NEWPORT NEWS). FROM THE CORNY MALLS TO THE KNOCKOFF SELLING FLEA MARKETS. THIS SHIT AINT POPPIN. DONT LET THESE NIGGAS FOOL YOU. DONT BELIEVE ME? PLAN A TRIP HERE. WAIT A MINUTE. I WILL GIVE YALL VA BEACH, BUT THAT SHIT IS ONLY POPPIN FOR 3 MONTHS AND ITS ONLY A STRETCH OF A MILE("THE STRIP":rolleyes:)

AND BEFORE ANY OF YALL SAY ANYTHING, IM IN THE MILITARY AND BEING HELD HERE AGAINST MY WILL. I'VE TRIED TO GET ORDERS ELSEWHERE AND THEY WONT LET ME LEAVE. IF I COULD LEAVE I WOULD.

:smh: VA \/, UP NORTH /\:yes:.

nucca please u act like phily any different dont get me started cuz im out philly alot!

whackjobgrim

CODENAME V
Certified Pussy Poster
nucca please u act like phily any different dont get me started cuz im out philly alot!

YOU NUTTY NIGGA, YOU REALLY TRYING TO COMPARE ANYWHERE IN VIRGINIA TO PHILLY:confused: AND I NEVER EVEN SAID ANYTHING ABOUT PHILLY. IT SEEMS LIKE I HIT A NERVE. I GUESS THE TRUTH DOES HURT:cool:

SYDNEYSTREETZ

Star
Registered
YOU NUTTY NIGGA, YOU REALLY TRYING TO COMPARE ANYWHERE IN VIRGINIA TO PHILLY:confused: AND I NEVER EVEN SAID ANYTHING ABOUT PHILLY. IT SEEMS LIKE I HIT A NERVE. I GUESS THE TRUTH DOES HURT:cool:

b ez fam im out in philly nearly every weekend. im just saying if it wasnt for the shyttin ass cops out philly and dirty ass hood rats philly could b worth much more. but u kinda right i left va goin on 10 years now . va is nothing like it was back when i was growing up

whackjobgrim

CODENAME V
Certified Pussy Poster
b ez fam im out in philly nearly every weekend. im just saying if it wasnt for the shyttin ass cops out philly and dirty ass hood rats philly could b worth much more. but u kinda right i left va goin on 10 years now . va is nothing like it was back when i was growing up

MY BAD, IT WAS THAT "VIRGINIA" WORD AGAIN. IT JUST BRINGS THE WORST OUTTA ME.

Larrikin

Star
BGOL Investor
Did this dude from Philly really try and say VA had ugly girls. VA definitely doesn't have the best girls I've seen in the world but compared to Philly, VA is filled with nothin but models. Philly got rated ugliest city for a reason. Outside of the colleges I don't think I've seen any girls that warranted a second look

whackjobgrim

CODENAME V
Certified Pussy Poster
Did this dude from Philly really try and say VA had ugly girls. VA definitely doesn't have the best girls I've seen in the world but compared to Philly, VA is filled with nothin but models. Philly got rated ugliest city for a reason. Outside of the colleges I don't think I've seen any girls that warranted a second look

CLEARLY YOUR A RETARD

20TH STREET BLACK

Support BGOL
Registered
Also add Earnest Wilford, forrmer Jaguars starting WR, now plays for Miami--- humble dude, I always tell people his story. Money was tight in his family, I MEAN TIGHT!! He used to mess with my next door neighbor. Anyways, in my eyes, she kinda treated him like a project. She used to work at Cavaliers, a hotspot for clothes back then, lacing him w/ gear and money and shit. All ways taking credit for "making" this dude. Well of course she gotta side piece, a ol' prettyboy ass, small time hustling nigga from the "country" making the mistake of coming to the city to get money. Long story short, she plays dude and gets pregnant, dude finds out, FUCKS YOU's! are exchanged, dude turns out to be a deadbeat after the 2nd child and by way of military school..he gets some shine while playing w/ Vick @ Va Tech. League, contract money, stardom!! Oh yea, she was sick bout that!

She was a cute girl but her head wasnt on straight then.......shes come a long now now tho, working on a law degree!!! WTF!!! im only saying WTF because her journey to get to the point she's at now was the crazy ass, extra ill, long way! She had some issues.

Man, i still remember him sitting on my porch talking to me bout her ass. I tried to keep it Trill as possible with him, but he was sprung too! That WAS quality pussy (prolly first!) and could anyone with so little walk away from a chick lacing him better than the parents at 16 or 17? I was loyal the her too since we go way back to babies. Plus, Im not a hater and I always wanted to hit that too.

All ways good to see a "Kevin Federline" moment and have the guy win for a change.

SO MORALE OF THE STORY IS.......FUCK YOUR FINE ASS NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR OR YOU'LL REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!:angry:

Erebus

Star
Registered
Curry was older but you're right. This cat was a better football player then all of them though. Best I've ever seen and I watched all them boys. I remember sitting in Todd and Darling Stadium of Friday nights like:eek: The ninja never left the field! Quarterback, safety, kickoff returner, punt returner, I think the boy was even the punter! Damn I miss these days...

Allen Iverson (Bubba Chuck or Chuck :cool:)
[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/hCAkVvNFk-0[/flash]​

He lived in Stuart Gardens for awhile when I was growing up. I'll never forget he used to dribble up and down Garden Dr. between his legs. Now anybody familiar with Stuart Gardens can tell you how long Garden Dr. is. When I mean dribbling between his legs I mean he never took a STEP without putting it between his legs. If he fucked up he would go ALL the way back to the Roanoke end and start over!! I tried to emulate that shit and could never do it too much longer than my parking lot. Memories...

Damn near my whole family lives in Stuart Gardens! Used to play ball at Anderson Park! Used to have a house right on Chesapeake Ave!

tuckdog

Rising Star
Registered
NAW, IM ACTIVE DUTY IN THE NAVY

Explains all of your previous comments. This ain't Vegas ninja. Ain't nobody promise you a party on arrival. I was in the navy and it works the same way here as everywhere else. Military ninjas are lames and targets so act accordingly. And what projects you been to on 17th street? 17th street is like 3 blocks long with houses up and down it. Carry your ass back to philly ninja. You gets no love here.

Last edited:

tuckdog

Rising Star
Registered
Damn near my whole family lives in Stuart Gardens! Used to play ball at Anderson Park! Used to have a house right on Chesapeake Ave!

We probably know each other. I pretty much LIVED at Anderson Park from '86-'94. Played football for Doris Miller, baseball for the Yankees (Anderson Park). Went to Magruder, South Morrison, Hines, then Menchville...:cool: Damn, you had a crib on Chesapeake? That's still a dream of mine. I love those houses man. My moms used to make me go walking with her up and down that LONG ass street for exercise. I hated it then, but I miss it now.

Last edited:

tuckdog

Rising Star
Registered
Also add Earnest Wilford, forrmer Jaguars starting WR, now plays for Miami--- humble dude, I always tell people his story. Money was tight in his family, I MEAN TIGHT!! He used to mess with my next door neighbor. Anyways, in my eyes, she kinda treated him like a project. She used to work at Cavaliers, a hotspot for clothes back then, lacing him w/ gear and money and shit. All ways taking credit for "making" this dude. Well of course she gotta side piece, a ol' prettyboy ass, small time hustling nigga from the "country" making the mistake of coming to the city to get money. Long story short, she plays dude and gets pregnant, dude finds out, FUCKS YOU's! are exchanged, dude turns out to be a deadbeat after the 2nd child and by way of military school..he gets some shine while playing w/ Vick @ Va Tech. League, contract money, stardom!! Oh yea, she was sick bout that!

She was a cute girl but her head wasnt on straight then.......shes come a long now now tho, working on a law degree!!! WTF!!! im only saying WTF because her journey to get to the point she's at now was the crazy ass, extra ill, long way! She had some issues.

Man, i still remember him sitting on my porch talking to me bout her ass. I tried to keep it Trill as possible with him, but he was sprung too! That WAS quality pussy (prolly first!) and could anyone with so little walk away from a chick lacing him better than the parents at 16 or 17? I was loyal the her too since we go way back to babies. Plus, Im not a hater and I always wanted to hit that too.

All ways good to see a "Kevin Federline" moment and have the guy win for a change.

SO MORALE OF THE STORY IS.......FUCK YOUR FINE ASS NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR OR YOU'LL REGRET IT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!:angry:

:lol: great story! What part of VA is he from? Didn't know that.:cool:

20TH STREET BLACK

Support BGOL
Registered
Richmond!! He went to Franklin Miltary/ Armstrong High! It's crazy man seeing him.....me and my neighbor had a couple years on him. He was in a good situation being with her; went from ashy to classy in a way I guess! She had good money for a 17/18 year old, a car (he always rode the city bus from Southside to the EastEnd of Richmond), access to clothes and an escape from "his" reality...etc. Honestly, his story would make a good movie! She was close to being his downfall! She put him through the wringer. He put up with alot of shit with her. She wanted a "somebody" and missed the the biggest one she'll prolly ever get to know.

I'm proud of him for real! He deserves that shit! Likewise for her! Working on a law degree, nice car, just moved into a new house and taking care of her kids all by herself!

Morale #2: FINE ASS, CRAZY BITCHES ARE LIKE HIGH RISK/HIGH REWARD STOCKS.....GOTTA KNOW WHEN TO GET IN AND GET OUT OR IT WILL FUCK UP YOUR LIFE!

Last edited:

tuckdog

Rising Star
Registered
Arthur Ashe and Doug Wilder:dance::dance:

Legends...I forgot so many people...this thread could've went forever lol...

Arthur Ashe

L. Douglas Wilder
wilder_douglas.jpg

Richmond!! He went to Franklin Miltary/ Armstrong High!

Ya'll Richmond and Northern VA cats are gonna have to forgive me. I tried to remember as many as I could but my memories are mostly of people from 7 cities. Please add on anybody I didn't mention. This is OUR thread.

One9

Potential Star
Registered
Whackjob you funny as shit!! But, unfortunately right to an extent. But there are a lot of black schools here, so even if the chicks are from somewhere else, we get a fresh batch every year. VUU, VSU, NSU, HU, St Paul's. When I went to HU female to male ratio was 8:1...so fuck it...get in where you fit in, bruh.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
@ Arthur Ashe...and Wilder...VA is rich in history...Maggie L. Walker...its role in the Civil War...

tuckdog

Rising Star
Registered
Let's not get started on the history...

Booker T Washington
Booker%2520T%2520Washington.jpg

Among Hampton's earliest students was Booker T. Washington, who arrived from West Virginia in 1872 at the age of 16. He worked his way through Hampton, and then went on to attend Wayland Seminary in Washington D.C. After graduation there, he returned to Hampton and became a teacher. Upon recommendation of Sam Armstrong to founder Lewis Adams and others, in 1881, Washington was sent to Alabama at age 25 to head another new normal school. This new Institution eventually became Tuskegee University. Embracing much of Armstrong's philosophy, Washington built Tuskegee into a substantial school and became nationally famous as an educator, orator, and fund-raiser as well. He started work which ultimately caused over 5,000 small community schools to be built for the betterment of black education in the South.

tuckdog

Rising Star
Registered
Nat Turner
nat_turner.jpg

Nat lived his entire life in Southampton County, Virginia, an area with predominantly more blacks than whites. After the rebellion, a reward notice described Nat as:
5 feet 6 or 8 inches high, weighs between 150 and 160 pounds, rather bright complexion, but not a mulatto, broad shoulders, larger flat nose, large eyes, broad flat feet, rather knockneed, walks brisk and active, hair on the top of the head very thin, no beard, except on the upper lip and the top of the chin, a scar on one of his temples, also one on the back of his neck, a large knot on one of the bones of his right arm, near the wrist, produced by a blow.

Nat was singularly intelligent, and learned how to read and write at a young age. He grew up deeply religious and was often seen fasting, praying or immersed in reading the stories of the Bible. He frequently received visions which he interpreted as messages from God. These visions greatly influenced his life; for instance, when Nat was 23 years old he ran away from his owner, but returned a month later after receiving such a vision. Turner often conducted Baptist services, and preached the Bible to his fellow slaves, who dubbed him as "The Prophet". Turner also had an influence over white people, and in the case of Ethelred T. Brantley, Nat said that he was able to convince Brantley to "cease from his wickedness". By early 1828, Nat was convinced that he "was ordained for some great purpose in the hands of the Almighty." While working in his owner's fields on May 12, Turner "heard a loud noise in the heavens, and the Spirit instantly appeared to me and said the Serpent was loosened, and Christ had laid down the yoke he had borne for the sins of men, and that I should take it on and fight against the Serpent, for the time was fast approaching when the first should be last and the last should be first." Nat was convinced that God had given him the task of "slay[ing] my enemies with their own weapons." Nat "communicated the great work laid out for me to do, to four in whom I had the greatest confidence" – his fellow slaves Henry, Hark, Nelson and Sam.

Beginning in February 1831, Turner came to believe that certain atmospheric conditions were to be interpreted as a sign that he should begin preparing for a rebellion against the slave owners.
On February 12, 1831, an annular solar eclipse was seen in Virginia. Nat saw this as a Black man's hand reaching over the sun. Nat took this as a sign that he should begin preparing for a rebellion. The rebellion was initially planned for July 4, Independence Day, but was postponed due to deliberation between him and his followers, and illness. On August 13, there was an atmospheric disturbance, another solar eclipse, in which the sun appeared bluish-green (possibly from debris deposited in the atmosphere by an eruption of Mount St. Helens). Nat took this as the final signal, and a week later, on August 21, the rebellion began.

tuckdog

Rising Star
Registered
The Mercury Project
mercury7_n07.jpg

The Mercury astronauts trained, in part, at NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia, under Flight Surgeon William K. Douglas and Keith G. Lindell (COL, USAF). Several bridges throughout the city bear the name of the Mercury astronauts, and U.S. Route 258, a major north-south route in the cities of Hampton and Newport News is named Mercury Boulevard, honoring the Mercury program.

The names of five of the Mercury astronauts are also commemorated in the popular 1960s TV show Thunderbirds. In the series, Jeff Tracy, the founder of the fictional International Rescue organization, is a millionaire ex-astronaut who has named his five sons -- Scott, Virgil, Alan, John and Gordon -- after the real-life Mercury astronauts.

tuckdog

Rising Star
Registered
Maggie L Walker
mwalker2.jpg

She was born as Maggie Lena Mitchell in Richmond, Virginia to Eccles Cuthbert and Elizabeth Draper Mitchell 2 years and 2 months after the end of the American Civil War. Her mother was a former slave and assistant cook in the Church Hill mansion of Elizabeth Van Lew, a Quaker woman who had been a spy in the Confederate capital city of Richmond for the Union during the War, and was later postmistress for Richmond. Her father was an Irish-born newspaperman, correspondent for the New York Herald, and abolitionist. At that time, interracial marriages were illegal in the State of Virginia, so ten months after Maggie's birth her mother married William Mitchell, a mulatto butler in the Van Lew house who could believably pass as Maggie's father.
The Mitchell family moved to their own home nearby Ms. Van Lew's home where Maggie and her brother Johnnie were raised. Only a few years later, Mitchell disappeared and was found a few days later, drowned; it was assumed he'd been robbed and murdered. After the untimely death of William Mitchell, Maggie's mother supported her family by working as a laundress. Young Maggie attended the newly-formed Richmond Public Schools and helped her mother by delivering the clean clothes. When Maggie was eleven years old she was baptized at the First African Church. She became a Sunday school teacher. Maggie attended the Lancaster School and then the Armstrong Normal School. She received her diploma in 1883 with honors. After graduation, she became a teacher at her alma mater, Lancaster School, and taught there for three years, while studying accounting at night school.

In 1899, the thirty-second annual convention of the Grand United Order of St. Luke was held in Hinton, West Virginia. Walker had worked her way up the ranks of the Order and was elected Right Worthy Grand Secretary-Treasurer at the convention. The Order was renamed the Independent Order of St. Luke. Because the order was in debt, she served in the position at one-third the salary, receiving eight dollars a month. Walker was responsible for implementing successful programs for the Order, causing it to progress. She traveled to organize councils and encourage new people to join. Her speaking ability became her trademark. As a result of her business acumen, the Order became financially successful. The business consisted of an insurance component, a printing press, a newspaper and an Educational Loan Fund for college students. She also organized the Juvenile Branch of the Order. When speaking at Juvenile Society meetings, Walker would encourage the youth to save money. A special day was set aside called Sunshine Day on which the youth sent out a ray of sunshine by visiting the sick or taking food to a needy family. She established an Order newsletter called the "St. Luke Herald," which devoted a section to children, where their articles, stories, and poems were featured. By 1922, the death claims of the insurance department were nearly $1 million. By 1924, the Order had 50,000 members, 1500 local chapters and assets of almost $400,000.

Walker dreamed of founding a bank owned and operated by African Americans. She believed that people could turn "nickels into dollars" by pooling their money and lending it out. She said, "let us put our money together; let us use our money; Let us put our money out at usury among ourselves, and reap the benefit ourselves." She realized her dream when the St. Luke Penny Savings Bank opened on November 2, 1903 with Walker as president. Maggie Lena Walker became the first woman bank founder and president in the United States. On the opening day, the receipts totaled $9,430.44. Many people opened Christmas savings accounts in which they deposited a penny or a nickel a week. In 1911, St. Luke Penny Savings Bank had to sever its ties with St. Luke Order because a law was passed in Virginia that required all banks to separate from fraternal organizations. The St. Luke Penny Savings Bank prospered. The bank had helped purchase 600 homes by 1920. In 1930, the Bank merged with two other black-owned banks in Richmond and became the Consolidated Bank and Trust Company. Walker became the chairman of the board.

The St. Luke Penny Savings Bank still exists today as the Consolidated Bank and Trust Company, the oldest continuously operating minority-owned bank in the United States. The bank has assets of over $116 million. According to Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Consolidated Bank and Trust, Vernard W. Henley, " I think what she (Maggie Walker) had in mind was that African Americans ought to help themselves, and they ought to provide the opportunities for employment and development." Walker's philosophy is still upheld by the Bank she founded.
As segregation in the South increased, many African American leaders emphasized entrepreneurship, "buy Black" campaigns, and the employment of African Americans as a primary avenue for community advancement. Walker agreed to that agenda and added a powerful plea for the creation of employment for African American women other than in domestic service.

Walker was a charismatic speaker whose favorite topics were race pride and unity, women's problems and potential, African American business, and oppression. As her importance grew, she became more and more active in civic affairs. She was the founder and lifelong head of the Colored Women's Council of Richmond, which raised money for local projects and maintained a community house. In 1921, she ran as a Republican for State Superintendent of Public Instruction.

tuckdog

Rising Star
Registered
Jackson Ward
443px-162560pr.jpg

After the American Civil War, previously free blacks joined freed slaves and their descendants and created a thriving African-American business community, and became known as the "Black Wall Street of America." Leaders included such influential people as John Mitchell, Jr., editor of the Richmond Planet, an African American newspaper, and Maggie L. Walker. Ms. Walker was the first woman to charter and serve as president of an American bank, all the more remarkable an accomplishment as she was both African-American and was mobility-impaired. The Maggie L. Walker National Historic Site at her former Jackson Ward home is operated by the National Park Service. The house was designated a National Historic Site in 1978 and was opened as a museum in 1985. The center of the neighborhood is dominated by the former Armstrong High School, now the Richmond Public Schools Adult Career Development Center. Armstrong's sports field is now Abner Clay Park, which has a bandstand, football field, basketball court and tennis facilities.

Notable historic churches in Jackson Ward include the Third Street Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church, Hood Temple African Methodist Episcopal Church, Ebenezer Baptist Church and Sixth Mount Zion Baptist Church. Sixth Mount Zion is known as the home of African-American evangelist John Jasper, whose famous "Sun Do Move" sermon brought him fame[1]. Notable residents included Bishop F. M. Whittle, Addolph Dill and Max Robinson and brother Randall Robinson. Early on, the neighborhood held a mix of German, Jewish, English and African American residents building in the Greek Revival and Italianate styles.

As a center for both black commerce and entertainment, Jackson Ward was also called the "Harlem of the South". Venues there were frequented by the likes of Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, Bill "Bojangles" Robinson, Lena Horne, Cab Calloway, Billie Holiday, Nat King Cole and James Brown. Jackson Ward is home to the historic Hippodrome Theater. Robinson's statue is at the center of the neighborhood at the intersection of Brook Road and West Leigh Street.

tuckdog

Rising Star
Registered
Jamestown
lg_jamestown-1650s.jpg

The Jamestown Settlement was the first permanent English settlement in North America. Named for King James I of England, Jamestown was founded in the Virginia Colony on May 24, 1607. In modern times, "Jamestown Settlement" is also a promotional name used by the Commonwealth of Virginia's portion of the historical attractions at Jamestown. It is adjacent and complementary to the Historic Jamestown attraction at Jamestown Island.

The other crucial event that would play a role in the development of America was the arrival of Africans to Jamestown(Back for the first time :lol:). A Dutch slave trader excanged his cargo of Africans for food in 1619. The Africans became indentured servants, similar in legal position to many poor Englishmen who traded several years labor in exchange for passage to America. The popular conception of a race-based slave system did not fully develop until the 1680's.

Last edited:

20TH STREET BLACK

Support BGOL
Registered
I got another one......Corey Smith,DE, orginally drafted by Tampa Bay, then Frisco 49ers and now the Detroit Lions. He's not well known especially now since the Lions gets no run as far as TV time goes.

Anyways, I met him when I was in 7th grade, went to middle school together and he was a year behind me. We attended this summer pre-college program at Va Union Univ. called Upward Bound til we graduated high school. When I tell you he was a football guy, yo... He was like that kid that when you ask what you wanna be when you grow up, he say a Football Player! Determined. When I met him, he was a averaged framed kid. One year later...he started looking like he was taking Incredible Hulk steroids. Played for John Marshall, ballin' then went to NC State. There was no backup plan for him. NFL from day 1 or bust. He wasn't a brainiac, as a matter of fact we used to call him Dumb Jock on some joke shit. Football just came first and he was good at it. He was a average student like me at the time basically because our public school system didnt really challenge us*. Degree none-the-less NCState. Valuable backup, 5+ years in the league.....he'll never have to work again. I knew him personally and proud of him too. He was a determined ass ninja. Check for him when Detroit plays on Thanksgiving Day!

* school came easy to us, boring. They didnt tap into our potential IMO, during our developmental years. I hope Obama "change" extends to eduacation reform. I will never put in city public eduacation.

He got a Superbowl ring for being on the practice squad when the Bucs won!

tuckdog

Rising Star
Registered
I got another one......Corey Smith,DE, orginally drafted by Tampa Bay, then Frisco 49ers and now the Detroit Lions. He's not well known especially now since the Lions gets no run as far as TV time goes.

Anyways, I met him when I was in 7th grade, went to middle school together and he was a year behind me. We attended this summer pre-college program at Va Union Univ. called Upward Bound til we graduated high school. When I tell you he was a football guy, yo... He was like that kid that when you ask what you wanna be when you grow up, he say a Football Player! Determined. When I met him, he was a averaged framed kid. One year later...he started looking like he was taking Incredible Hulk steroids. Played for John Marshall, ballin' then went to NC State. There was no backup plan for him. NFL from day 1 or bust. He wasn't a brainiac, as a matter of fact we used to call him Dumb Jock on some joke shit. Football just came first and he was good at it. He was a average student like me at the time basically because our public school system didnt really challenge us*. Degree none-the-less NCState. Valuable backup, 5+ years in the league.....he'll never have to work again. I knew him personally and proud of him too. He was a determined ass ninja. Check for him when Detroit plays on Thanksgiving Day!

* school came easy to us, boring. They didnt tap into our potential IMO, during our developmental years. I hope Obama "change" extends to eduacation reform. I will never put in city public eduacation.

He got a Superbowl ring for being on the practice squad when the Bucs won!

Good Shit. I was in Upward Bound at H.U.!...:cool:

tuckdog

Rising Star
Registered

Ain't that the truth...:yes:

big pimp

Rising Star
Registered
VA IS WACK. TIDEWATER AREA THEM NIGGAS IS SCARED OF THEM WHITEY'S. Its racist in the tidewater area.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
VA IS WACK. TIDEWATER AREA THEM NIGGAS IS SCARED OF THEM WHITEY'S. Its racist in the tidewater area.

Man don't get me started... :hmm: ...but when you take the history into account it "makes sense"...

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Curry was older but you're right. This cat was a better football player then all of them though. Best I've ever seen and I watched all them boys. I remember sitting in Todd and Darling Stadium of Friday nights like:eek: The ninja never left the field! Quarterback, safety, kickoff returner, punt returner, I think the boy was even the punter! Damn I miss these days...

Allen Iverson (Bubba Chuck or Chuck :cool:)
[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/hCAkVvNFk-0[/flash]​

He lived in Stuart Gardens for awhile when I was growing up. I'll never forget he used to dribble up and down Garden Dr. between his legs. Now anybody familiar with Stuart Gardens can tell you how long Garden Dr. is. When I mean dribbling between his legs I mean he never took a STEP without putting it between his legs. If he fucked up he would go ALL the way back to the Roanoke end and start over!! I tried to emulate that shit and could never do it too much longer than my parking lot. Memories...

When I found THIS video on YouTube, I knew right then that he moved up as the greatest "athlete" out of VA PERIOD. That is just my opinion. You are talking about quarterback, cornerback, special teams BUT you are in the NBA? PHENOMENAL talent. I tell everybody if he was 6'3", (although I believe he could do it at his current height) first round QB draft pick in the NFL EAAASSSY!:yes:

Oh, yeah, real shout out to VA. I see you. All your hard work ain't gon' unnoticed. Big up to Woodbridge. I LOVE that city.