Vesta Williams has passed away - REST IN PEACE.

Philli

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP... I was very young when she came out but I remember her music vividly.

I always felt she had her breakthrough halted because she was lost in the shuffle of the more popular R&B singers in her heyday such as Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Anita Baker, Stephanie Mills, Regina Belle, Mikki Howard, Shirley Murdock, Karyn White, Pebbles, Cherelle, Denise Williams and Phylis Hyman amongst others.

She always reminded me of Chaka Khan.

Last edited:

LADYTEE

female pimp
BGOL Investor
One of our female disc jockeys out of philly said she knew vesta well and she was fallen on hard times and recently got evicted from her home....:(

UNSEEN

Rising Star
Registered
:eek:THAT'S WHERE SWV GOT THEIR HIT FROM?
WORD UP..VESTA HAD A SEXINESS ABOUT HER..AS A YOUNGIN I DID HAVE A SMALL CRUSH ON HER..DAMN!!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vshcuVVNE5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the best

fwillia

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You are either young and dumb or whiter than a muthafucka. :yes:

Or maybe I'm just under 30, and only know the artists from that era who remained popular or still get played on the radio.

Let's not forget who broke the Teena Marie story.

http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=554013

But being the music fan I am, I've been checking her out on youtube; I remember seeing the "congratulations" video on one of those late night video shows from back in the day.

Sad she passed at such a young age.

CaliChampNo.1

Star
Registered
Re: Vesta Willams has passed away

r.i.p...... growing up i always thought she could SANG big big time... always reminded me of Chaka Khan the way she does her notes and hits her high notes.....

I thought the same thing about Vesta and Chaka. It's a shame that she wasn't as recognized as Chaka beyond R&B/soul fans.

bluskyII

Star
Registered

2:18 Vesta stated that she is excited about being 53 years old and alive, well and kicking. A beautiful 53 year old sister.

Max Headrom

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not getting too much info on her death. I just really hope she didn't take her own life, even though it's starting to seem like it's the case

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Jboogiee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Vesta Williams, Hit 80's R&B Singer, Found Dead In Her California Hotel Room

"TMZ is reporting that bottles of prescription pills were found in the hotel room, and that the authorities are treating the singer's death as a death or suicide."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/23/vesta-williams-hit-80s-rb_n_977620.html

This is from her publicist.

It's with a heavy heart that I am confirming that the unbelievably talented Mary Vesta Williams was discovered on Thursday 09/22/11 at approximately 4:30 pm PST in her hotel room in Los Angeles. The LA Coroner said that it appears that she died of Natural Causes while she was sleeping. Ms. William’s was staying at a Los Angeles area hotel while in transition to a new home. She was very excited about so many beautiful things to come in her career, especially her upcoming TV-1 episode of “Unsung.” After meeting with her nephew this morning, I am releasing this statement to dispel anything floating in cyberspace other than the truth first hand. Vesta was in a safe environment and passed on peacefully. I mourn, as millions of others as well. Celebrate her life and talent… She will be missed. We will keep her Facebook Fan Page www.facebook.com/vestawilliams and running as a memorial to our beloved Vesta, but her personal Facebook page will be shut down shortly in respect.
Seth Neblett- Publicist and Friend.

http://www.facebook.com/vestawilliams

bluskyII

Star
Registered
This is from her publicist.

It's with a heavy heart that I am confirming that the unbelievably talented Mary Vesta Williams was discovered on Thursday 09/22/11 at approximately 4:30 pm PST in her hotel room in Los Angeles. The LA Coroner said that it appears that she died of Natural Causes while she was sleeping. Ms. William’s was staying at a Los Angeles area hotel while in transition to a new home. She was very excited about so many beautiful things to come in her career, especially her upcoming TV-1 episode of “Unsung.” After meeting with her nephew this morning, I am releasing this statement to dispel anything floating in cyberspace other than the truth first hand. Vesta was in a safe environment and passed on peacefully. I mourn, as millions of others as well. Celebrate her life and talent… She will be missed. We will keep her Facebook Fan Page www.facebook.com/vestawilliams and running as a memorial to our beloved Vesta, but her personal Facebook page will be shut down shortly in respect.
Seth Neblett- Publicist and Friend.

http://www.facebook.com/vestawilliams

Thanks for the update. She was a classy woman.

bluskyII

Star
Registered
Wikipedia has updated or changed the birth date of Vesta.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesta_Williams

2011)
Vesta Williams
Background information
Birth name Mary Vesta Williams[1]
Born December 1, 1957
Coshocton, Ohio, U.S.[1]
Died September 22, 2011 (aged 53)
El Segundo, California, U.S.[1]
Genres Pop, R&B, soul, jazz, adult cotemporary
Occupations Singer, actress
Website vestawilliams.com

Vesta Williams (December 1, 1957 – September 22, 2011) was an American R&B singer. Originally credited by her full name, she was sometimes simply billed as Vesta from the 1990s onwards.[2] Although Williams never had any albums certified gold nor any Top 40 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, she scored six Top 10 hits on the US Billboard R&B chart from the mid 1980s to the early 1990s. Williams was known for the hits, "Once Bitten, Twice Shy", "Sweet Sweet Love", "Congratulations" and "Special".

megahorn

Star
BGOL Investor

Lost all that weight,and still.Just goes to show you gonna die anyway,so just live your life how you see fit and dont worry how other people see you.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn, I always liked that song "Congratulations" by her.
I've had the song on repeat for like the past 20 minutes
I heard she wrote that song from personal experience :(

RIP

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I JUST thought/dreamed about her earlier this week.

I really, really liked her and her music, but slept on her all around talent.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor

2:18 Vesta stated that she is excited about being 53 years old and alive, well and kicking. A beautiful 53 year old sister.

I'm omiting the fag...but man, she was a lot of woman!:crying: Gorgeous and super real.:smh: If such said fag is on this board no disrespect.....Don't judge me yo:hmm:

hog fat

Rising Star
Platinum Member
RIP to this beautiful sister.

I love her music.

She got down with her music in Soul Man (with C.Thomas Howell)

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

dcslap2slap.gif
:hmm::hmm::hmm:
For Real ...how in da fuck you don't know who...never mind:smh: