UFC 97 Thread

LeroyDibiase

Rising Star
Registered
I don't blame Silva. He wants to box and get money while he still can. Dana pays him SHIT. Silva's not gonna risk a flash loss. He wants to win. He was killing cats and Dana still didn't pony up the big bucks, so now he's like fuck it.

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
Bold parts are true.

Only reason Dana likes him is because he's generating big UK money and he's the temporary ticket.
Werd

I don't blame Silva. He wants to box and get money while he still can. Dana pays him SHIT. Silva's not gonna risk a flash loss. He wants to win. He was killing cats and Dana still didn't pony up the big bucks, so now he's like fuck it.

So true. The best fighter PFP and he's paid 3rd rate for MMA. But the thing thats hurting MMA and hurting Silva's pockets is no federations/associations that are worth shit. You got Dana White promoting, running the entire league, negotiating contracts, controlling all fighter sponsorships and setting up who fights for championships on some totally arbitrary bullshit he decides. And muthafuckas talk shit about boxing? :smh: If anyone takes him to federal court he's toast. I hear stories that he helps people out with money and pays medical bills etc and that fighters mostly love him.

I bet Silva didnt even clear 100k for last night. Its pathetic.

NorthsideOKC

Star
Registered
I just can't see how Silva can be criticized in this situation.

He was fighting a nigga that was flopping to the ground. What is Anderson suppose to do? Follow an expert bjj guy to the ground & get caught in some shit. He's the champ. The challenger has to take it. Dude wasn't fighting to win. He was fighting so that Silva could lose it & I don't blame him for not playing that game.

Atleast the black men were 2-0 last night. Always the most exciting fighters & yet the most booed.

mc2

Rising Star
Registered
I just can't see how Silva can be criticized in this situation.

He was fighting a nigga that was flopping to the ground. What is Anderson suppose to do? Follow an expert bjj guy to the ground & get caught in some shit. He's the champ. The challenger has to take it. Dude wasn't fighting to win. He was fighting so that Silva could lose it & I don't blame him for not playing that game.

Atleast the black men were 2-0 last night. Always the most exciting fighters & yet the most booed.

Cosign...
Basically you had a stalemate. Leites was scared to Silva's stand up and Silva didn't want to jump into the guard of a world class BJJ practitioner.

Riggz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I hope Silva's next title fight is against someone who really wants to win and take the belt from him. Someone who can walk away from the fight thinking... "Yea..I lost but I gave it my all"

Leites doesn't deserve another title shot in the UFC..ever

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
Man, Chuck is done. I hate to say cause I did like Chuck. He held the light heavyweight title for little more than two years. He should now just retire. He done lost most of his previous fights, nothing else more to prove!!! His day is gone.

His fight with Jackson was the beginning of his downfall. Shit, now he would have to revenge fights with Rashad, Shogun, Jackson, and Jardine. He had his chance but just could not pull it off. It's obvious his spirit is gone.

Just be a commentator or something. But he probably won't he may actually try to comeback...and get KTFO again. But now my focus is on the Rashad vs Machida fight!!!

Warrior 7

Star
Registered
Werd

So true. The best fighter PFP and he's paid 3rd rate for MMA. But the thing thats hurting MMA and hurting Silva's pockets is no federations/associations that are worth shit. You got Dana White promoting, running the entire league, negotiating contracts, controlling all fighter sponsorships and setting up who fights for championships on some totally arbitrary bullshit he decides. And muthafuckas talk shit about boxing? :smh: If anyone takes him to federal court he's toast. I hear stories that he helps people out with money and pays medical bills etc and that fighters mostly love him.

I bet Silva didnt even clear 100k for last night. Its pathetic.

You don't know what the FUCK you are talking about
yet you acting like a scholar of shit.

Silva been making above 100K for awhile and if it weren't for Zuffa there wouldn't BE a sport to get paid off of.

Warrior 7

Star
Registered
Man, Chuck is done. I hate to say cause I did like Chuck. He held the light heavyweight title for little more than two years. He should now just retire. He done lost most of his previous fights, nothing else more to prove!!! His day is gone.

the man loses 3 fights and he's done huh?

u guys do know u can just go to wikipedia to look at peoples fight records?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Liddell
27 matches 21 wins 6 losses

Warrior 7

Star
Registered
In the past two years he's 1-4. His only win came by decision. Only one of his losses came by decision. The other losses came by TKO and KO. He looks like he's on his way down.

he only fought twice in 2007 (that new years shit is essential 08)

on the knock down (tko) by Rampage and the other the split decision lost to Jardine that just ran away and kicked at his legs.

LeroyDibiase

Rising Star
Registered

on the knock down (tko) by Rampage and the other the split decision lost to Jardine that just ran away and kicked at his legs.

Son. KO, Decision loss, Decision win, KO, KO. The nigga is SLOW and DONE.

Silva been making above 100K for awhile and if it weren't for Zuffa there wouldn't BE a sport to get paid off of.

Silva JUST started getting 100K with the Irvin Fight. Before that, he was making 70K. He's the weakest paid champ and he's been champ the longest.

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor

yet you acting like a scholar of shit. MMA existed before UFC and it will exist after UFC. You think there aren't other MMA promotions around the world that pay? GTFOH. I didn't say he didn't get paid 100k. I don't know what the fuck he brings home but I doubt he's the top earner in the UFC- if he is my bad.

Break down how Dana setting the matches and calling all the shots makes UFC and MMA better.

Last edited:

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
Son. KO, Decision loss, Decision win, KO, KO. The nigga is SLOW and DONE.

Silva JUST started getting 100K with the Irvin Fight. Before that, he was making 70K. He's the weakest paid champ and he's been champ the longest.

man they paid him 140k to fight henderson and paid heath herring the same :hmm: wtf? :smh: fuckin bullshit

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
the man loses 3 fights and he's done huh?

u guys do know u can just go to wikipedia to look at peoples fight records?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Liddell
27 matches 21 wins 6 losses
He's done as UFC's star and according to Dana he's done period at UFC. Dana said the only reason he let him fight again at all was because he said if he lost or won and it wasnt a dominant performance, he'd retire. He can still make 200-500k at Strikeforce if Dana releases him from his contract.

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor

He fought 5 times in the past 5 years, lost 4 times and been KO'd 3. What difference does it make if he beat washed up Silva? Just like Silva he can't take a punch anymore. He's better than most in UFC but Dana isnt gonna let him fight anymore. He'll have to fight in other promotions. I dont think he's gonna retire unless Dana hooks him up with a job or some shit.
Make him a commissioner or a announcer or some shit so he dont go off gettin his brain scrambled in strikeforce or dream or some shit

Riggz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
X-Ray of Liddell's Jaw

flashingskull.gif

yea...he's done
n89ag.gif

ktfo.gif

quinton-jackson_chuck-liddell_2.gif

Even in the video games :lol:
1240190557262.gif

Last edited:

Warrior 7

Star
Registered
yet you acting like a scholar of shit. MMA existed before UFC and it will exist after UFC. You think there aren't other MMA promotions around the world that pay? GTFOH. I didn't say he didn't get paid 100k. I don't know what the fuck he brings home but I doubt he's the top earner in the UFC- if he is my bad.

Break down how Dana setting the matches and calling all the shots makes UFC and MMA better.

it's easy to tell a motherfucker just now getting into this sport.

Before Zuffa wtf you think the salaries were to fight MMA? TO give you a clue the sport wasn't even called MMA before Zuffa. It wasn't licensed by ANY state SEG was looking for Indian reservations and gambling boats to hold cards at.

These guys MADE the sport you see today that guys can even dream about making 100K and endorsements.

Idiots like you are why simpletons like Gary Shaw and the morons over at Affliction think they can just jump into this shit and end up falling flat on their face. How many fight promotions have folded in the past year?. I count 4.

Dana and 'em make money and make money for others because saved this shit from the scrap heap and nurtured it all this way.

Show the man some fucking respect

Kazoo

Star
Registered
Why doesn't he just permanently move up to 205? Sure it will impossible to stay undefeated, but shit everyone loses. There's nothing left for him @ 185

Because his good friend & training partner Lyoto Machida is in that division .... and Machida has a good chance to be champ at 205

and they've said they'll never fight

he'll probably take some fights at 205 - but stay at Middleweight

showtime

Support BGOL
Registered
Yea +1000 for chucks ass bein done. He's still got punching power but reflexes are slow as shit now. Especially seeing as how he said he only wants to fight top competition and no scrubs. Top competition is knocking his ass out....I think his trainer is garbage to, but he is his boy so he aint let him go. He still to slow, cant get out of the way of big shots and he never kept his hands up.

LeroyDibiase

Rising Star
Registered

Before Zuffa wtf you think the salaries were to fight MMA? TO give you a clue the sport wasn't even called MMA before Zuffa. It wasn't licensed by ANY state SEG was looking for Indian reservations and gambling boats to hold cards at.

These guys MADE the sport you see today that guys can even dream about making 100K and endorsements.

Idiots like you are why simpletons like Gary Shaw and the morons over at Affliction think they can just jump into this shit and end up falling flat on their face. How many fight promotions have folded in the past year?. I count 4.

Dana and 'em make money and make money for others because saved this shit from the scrap heap and nurtured it all this way.

:smh: What the fuck? What the fuck?

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor

It easy to tell a muthafucka just now gettin into the sport who dont know shit about Pride, Pancrase and the fact people around the world have been using combined martial arts for years tournament style before UFC could get licensed anywhere outside of the deep south.
Oh when was UFC founded? 1993. When was Pancrase founded? 1993
STFU
Ever hear of Vale Tudo? When did that jumpoff? The 1920s. Who's responsible for the UFC's success and modern MMA? The Gracies - aka Vale Tudo. Quit acting like nothing existed before UFC. What about Shooto? You sound like an ignorant as UFC Stan. You used to come in here crying over white mma athletes now youre in here actin like they arent washed up when they are or like the UFC created mixed martial arts - they didnt, coining a phrase is not inventing the activity the phrase describes dipshit.

No one has contested the UFC is the best fighting league out there right now and has had the longevity but claiming theyre the only ones responsible for MMA's success is bullshit.

These guys help make and why do you think scrubs like Bob Sapp and others stay in Japan? Cuz they been eating outside the UFC for years. Its the biggest now but that wasnt always true and other leagues would pay way more for cats like Anderson. You think Strikeforce, Afflicton or Dream wouldnt pay out the ass for these dudes? Even a guy who's seen as washed up in the UFC like Chuck can make more in those spots. Thats not to say every fighter could make more but the big names? Hell yeah.

Morons like you are why MMA sucks. Youre a UFC fanboy get the fuck outta here with this bullshit. I see you totally ignored the questions about who makes fights like the bitchmade simp you are.

If you cant see that having ONE PERSON decide who contends for championships based on how HE can make the most cash is totally fucked up then youre a bigger fucktard than you've already shown yourself to be.

Last edited:

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
Yea +1000 for chucks ass bein done. He's still got punching power but reflexes are slow as shit now. Especially seeing as how he said he only wants to fight top competition and no scrubs. Top competition is knocking his ass out....I think his trainer is garbage to, but he is his boy so he aint let him go. He still to slow, cant get out of the way of big shots and he never kept his hands up.

What's totally fucked up is that this dude said he worked on defense and still doesnt know how to hold his hands up. The reason he got knocked out is because Shogun trained to KO him. Chuck always stands at an angle and throws this retarded probing lefthook jab bullshit while cocking his head back to the right with his right hand down. Thats why Shogun kept throwing that looping left all the time he waiting to catch him.
Chuck should retire. He sucks because he cant adapt. It isnt even the speed.

:smh: What the fuck? What the fuck?

You do remember when this dude came in here screamin about Fedor and crackas and talkin all this shit about fuck the cracka fighters etc now he's Chuck and Dana's right hand coon

bwb

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
good drop bwb

didnt Bruce Lee do some MMA exhibitions?

That's a good question. I don't know. But, I do remember bruce doing some groundwork in a few movies. From what I've seen of his philosophy and of how many different styles he studied and used I wouldn't be surprised if he did. He was definitely ahead of his time. The few guys I've talked to that study JKD all say that he was doing MMA before anyone else in America.

Warrior 7

Star
Registered
It easy to tell a muthafucka just now gettin into the sport who dont know shit about Pride, Pancrase and the fact people around the world have been using combined martial arts for years tournament style before UFC could get licensed anywhere outside of the deep south.
Oh when was UFC founded? 1993. When was Pancrase founded? 1993
STFU
Ever hear of Vale Tudo? When did that jumpoff? The 1920s. Who's responsible for the UFC's success and modern MMA? The Gracies - aka Vale Tudo. Quit acting like nothing existed before UFC. What about Shooto? You sound like an ignorant as UFC Stan. You used to come in here crying over white mma athletes now youre in here actin like they arent washed up when they are or like the UFC created mixed martial arts - they didnt, coining a phrase is not inventing the activity the phrase describes dipshit.

No one has contested the UFC is the best fighting league out there right now and has had the longevity but claiming theyre the only ones responsible for MMA's success is bullshit.

These guys help make and why do you think scrubs like Bob Sapp and others stay in Japan? Cuz they been eating outside the UFC for years. Its the biggest now but that wasnt always true and other leagues would pay way more for cats like Anderson. You think Strikeforce, Afflicton or Dream wouldnt pay out the ass for these dudes? Even a guy who's seen as washed up in the UFC like Chuck can make more in those spots. Thats not to say every fighter could make more but the big names? Hell yeah.

Morons like you are why MMA sucks. Youre a UFC fanboy get the fuck outta here with this bullshit. I see you totally ignored the questions about who makes fights like the bitchmade simp you are.

If you cant see that having ONE PERSON decide who contends for championships based on how HE can make the most cash is totally fucked up then youre a bigger fucktard than you've already shown yourself to be.

You fucking ignorant bitch
of course there have been free fighting and NHB since humans first existed why go back to the 90's or 20's. go back to Pankration or West African wrestling.

The point is the the modern incarnation of MMA including that moniker and the rules set it currently has is a result of work of the Zuffa team.

I can't break it down simpler for your old dumb ass. You and the other boy are aggressively stupid.

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
You're damn right I'm a fucking ignorant bitch
of course there have been free fighting and NHB since humans first existed why go back to the 90's or 20's. go back to Pankration or West African wrestling.

The point is the the modern incarnation of MMA including that moniker and the rules set it currently has is a result of work of the Zuffa team.

I can't break it down simpler for your old dumb ass. You and the other boy are aggressively stupid.

Youre a fucking simpleton. You said if it werent for Zuffa there wouldnt be a sport to get paid off of and I showed that to be the type of delusional faggotry we all expect from you.
The UFC is not original you fuckin lollipop fanboy bitch nigga.

Then you try to attribute all modern mixed martial arts success to the UFC? :lol:
You're a fucktard. I've already shown that in MODERN TIMES the UFC is not the pioneer. It is the American iteration of something done by others in MODERN TIMES.
I see you aren't mentioning shit about the numerous other MODERN leagues because it doesn't support your stance.

Pull your head out of Dana's ass faggot. What happened to all that shit you were talking about white fighters? Now youre in love with Chuck? :smh: You still REFUSE to answer any questions about UFC rankings. We all see why - cuz youre a bitch ass nigga who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Fact is youre a UFC fanboy bitch who doesn't give a shit about the integrity of the league these fighters participate in, the integrity of matches or in basic honesty. Go get back to your blow up Liddell doll.

I hope Dana's paying you for this shit.

Yo Leroy - you see now why this faggot hates Fedor- not cuz he's white, because he fights for Affliction :lol: what a fuckin stan :lol: :lol: This nigga must be Dana's gardener or some shit.

Last edited: