TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Halfway through the season for Dr. Death. 4 episodes down, 4 to go. It's been good thus far. I'd recommend it. It's sitting at 88 / 80% aggregate scores on Rotten Tomatoes now.

Also checked out the 2nd episode of the podcast of the same name.

Brian Tallerico
RogerEbert.com

July 14, 2021

The generally underrated Joshua Jackson carries Dr. Death with a fascinating blend of idiotic confidence and nonchalant sociopathology.

Full Review | Original Score: 3/4

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The Haves and the Have Nots is now over.

One of the most over-the-top endings ever and one of the biggest door slams on a series I've ever seen.
..and i thought the Empire series finale was rushed :lol: i dont think Perry plans to revisit this show anytime soon

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
The Haves and the Have Nots is now over.

One of the most over-the-top endings ever and one of the biggest door slams on a series I've ever seen.
Thank God. How did it end? Please tell me Veronica died or was beaten up. She ruined the show for me.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Omg, Mr. Inbetween S01E03! The wifey and I were cracking up. Great TV show on that episode alone.

first episode first 4 minutes

I screamed a the TV

The director writer and actor mastered a style

that CONSTANT TENSION

even the happiest moments the most innocent even the sex scenes

have this TENSION

Its incredible.

I have no idea if they will be able to MAINTAIN it.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I just watch the first season first 4 episodes

I cannot believe I missed this for so long

I liked how the lead actor Scott Ryan recently said he hoped the series would have good word of mouth amongst viewers over time, and more people would see it. He’s right. People were recommending it in this thread. Some of us are currently watching. We’re likely to recommend it to others. That’s how to do it!

:thumbsup:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
first episode first 4 minutes

I screamed a the TV

The director writer and actor mastered a style

that CONSTANT TENSION

even the happiest moments the most innocent even the sex scenes

have this TENSION

Its incredible.

I have no idea if they will be able to MAINTAIN it.

Cool to know the director is Joel Edgerton’s brother, Nash. Also, the girl playing Ray’s daughter on the show is his real-life (Nash’s) daughter, or stepdaughter. So you know he’s able to communicate well with her re: how to play her scenes. She’s a good actress in her own right. Believable!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I can't wait to watch tonight
Also Ray's demeanor is awesome. He ain't to be fucked with.

He reminds me a little bit of Heisenberg at times. The no fucks given approach. We are gonna check out season 2 episodes 7 - 9 tonight. Think we’re gonna start The North Water too. That series just started - only 5 eps. Looks a bit like it’ll play out like The Terror - season 1.

:thumbsup::cheers:

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
He reminds me a little bit of Heisenberg at times. The no fucks given approach. We are gonna check out season 2 episodes 7 - 9 tonight. Think we’re gonna start The North Water too. That series just started - only 5 eps. Looks a bit like it’ll play out like The Terror - season 1.

:thumbsup::cheers:
We couldn't wait. We finished season 1. Remind me to boobie trap a strong box. It might come in handy.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Thank God. How did it end? Please tell me Veronica died or was beaten up. She ruined the show for me.
[/QUOTE

She was shot up
Tyler did everybody wrong in that finale :roflmao2:

That final"fight"between Hanna and Bo Duke had me dying..had the closed captioning on when she was about to run him over she was screaming "die muthafucka..die!!!",it read it as her saying "Dah muhfucka...DAHH!!!!!" :roflmao2:

Final shot was of her just sitting there screaming at the camera then the caption came on screen"On behalf of the cast and crew of The Haves And The Have Nots,and everyone at Tyler Perry Studios... THANK YOU." :lol:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
:roflmao3: :itsawrap::frozen:

MV5BOTRmZDNkNmQtY2FkYi00NzllLTgzMjgtYjM5ZDk3MTY2MTI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXRyYW5zY29kZS13b3JrZmxvdw@@._V1_.jpg

mr%2Binbetween%2Bconsequences%2B2.gif

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Barrier

This series debuted earlier this year. It was one of Netflix's experiment of releasing the episodes weekly instead of at once.

I waited until all the episodes were up before I started watching it. I watched the first two episodes this evening.

The series is interesting from what I have seen. The main plot is mainly explained in the first 5 minutes of the first episode. From there in the first episode it is heavy on character introduction and development and it proceeds slowly. The last 5 minutes of the first episode might keep you interested in following the series if you are into series like this.

I highly recommend those who suffer from TV ADHD not to bother watching the series. It is a very serious, slow burn. It is Sci-Fi, but there are no SFX, no explosions and fancy technology being shown. The premise has been done in other series, this is somewhat done differently. This isn't a binge type series and I, myself don't expect I will finish it until the end of summer.

There are 13 episodes in season one that run around 50 minutes each. The series is from Spain and Netflix has it dubbed in English. Sub-titles are used for signage.

It has been renewed for a 2nd season that is filming right now and scheduled to be released early 2022.

Synopsis

In 2045 Spain is part of dictatorial regime where a fence separates the privileged from the rest of the population.

AAAABcGkAJj0AXDwAh8P14AIQa5qJomQXycf_SZgQgd9fcV9lxS9kR8r4ETXnHf87FJb7bKcf_0yqsGRoD8G2UXbfOOW_k1l8fJF7M-raHNLFjnya44zrgQ8AI4RWm_dqw.jpg

Finished watching season one this afternoon.

Damn good series.

I give it a 7.5/10.

It is a slow burn series. Lots of drama and some suspense in it too keep your interest.

It’s not a series to binge watch, I recommend watching maybe 1or 2 episodes at a time and let them sink in for a few days before watching more.

After the last scenes of season one, definitely looking forward to season 2 next year.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Season 2, episode 9 of Mr. Inbetween was easily one of the best of the series thus far. Intense. Serious subject matter. Thought his friend/associate Gary really proved himself and stepped up. For those who've already seen it - it's the episode with the department store & daughter's friend.

Liked the premiere for The North Water.

2 episodes to go on season 2 of Black Summer.

1 episode to go on Dr. Death.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Good news for fans of the series, Barry. Season 2 last aired in May 2019. Looks like they start filming seasons 3 and 4 soon. Hopefully that means there won't be as long a gap between the 3rd and 4th seasons airing like there has been with the pandemic issues of 2020-2021.

With productions hitting the ground running post-pandemic, many shows such as Picard (and to a lesser extent, AHS and American Horror Stories) are shooting seasons consecutively or concurrently. Sources also claim that Barry will be doing the same by shooting both Seasons 3 & 4 in one solid production block.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Season 2, episode 9 of Mr. Inbetween was easily one of the best of the series thus far. Intense. Serious subject matter. Thought his friend/associate Gary really proved himself and stepped up. For those who've already seen it - it's the episode with the department store & daughter's friend.

Liked the premiere for The North Water.

2 episodes to go on season 2 of Black Summer.

1 episode to go on Dr. Death.
Boo with the finale cliffhanger...