TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
finished TOP BOY on NETFLIX

EEVmr9DXkAE60q8

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Looking forward to checking out this series in early-2020. Trailer's got a bit of a Twin Peaks / Fargo-type feel to it. Plus, The Watch (podcast from The Ringer network)'s Andy Greenwald is involved as a writer & exec' producer. Hope it goes well for everyone involved in the project.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ed-asner-alan-cumming-briarpatch-series-usa-1203251406/

https://www.theringer.com/the-watch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Greenwald

https://variety.com/2019/tv/reviews/tiff-briarpatch-review-1203316727/

briarpatch-rosario-dawson-usa-network-01.jpg

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Network with the most Emmy wins 2019: HBO 2018: HBO, Netflix (tie) 2017: HBO 2016: HBO 2015: HBO 2014: HBO 2013: HBO 2012: HBO 2011: HBO 2010: HBO 2009: HBO 2008: HBO 2007: HBO 2006: HBO 2005: HBO 2004: HBO 2003: HBO 2002: HBO

Nice try, Netflix.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Network with the most Emmy wins 2019: HBO 2018: HBO, Netflix (tie) 2017: HBO 2016: HBO 2015: HBO 2014: HBO 2013: HBO 2012: HBO 2011: HBO 2010: HBO 2009: HBO 2008: HBO 2007: HBO 2006: HBO 2005: HBO 2004: HBO 2003: HBO 2002: HBO

Nice try, Netflix.

Impressive!

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
No clue why they cancelled Almost Human, I thought it was done very well. Michael Ealy played the role perfectly. For those who haven't seen it its only 13 episodes and well worth it but you will hate FOX afterwards.
MV5BMzQ1NDQ3MjUxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTY2MDczMDE@._V1_.jpg

The show was starting to get good at the end...And,then Fox had the audacity to put the show in the wrong order just like they did for Firefly...

This is,why I rarely watch shows on Fox and the Syfy channel...They are notorious for cancelling good shows..

:smh::smh::smh:

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ALL RISE
Simone Missick(Misty Knight), Jessica Camcho (Gypsy)

I think this can work for a few seasons. But a black judge, hispanic lawyer and a black bailiff having significant roles will spark some issues from some. Main issue I see is that she is going to try and take cases that cause some conflicts and she will constantly cry in the corner saying its so hard to be a female black judge. Only been one episode but the women will keep me interested.

Last edited:

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bluff City Law
I tried it but seems way to slow. I wasn't interested in anything they were discussing just hoping it would end with a reason to bring me back next week. I will be deleting this off the DVR, way too many shows to watch for something this dry.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Prodigal Son
Tom Payne (Jesus from the Waking Dead.) Lou Diamond Philips, Bellamy Young, and Aurora Perrineau(Never seen her before but I like her role so far. Just saw her father is Harold Perrineau, dude in the wheel chair in Oz)

This is the show I can get behind, but I don't want to get excited cause its FOX. Has a bit of a Lucifer vibe more so as fighting his demons of his father will he be good or go down the same trail as his father and become a serial killer. The first episode was too quick to solve should of actually been split in to 2 parts could explain more from the killer.

This is a show I can watch live but its FOX and good reviews mean nothing to them. It may be best to see if it makes it to Season 2 then binge the first season before the next one starts.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
FRLYTJ3BX.jpg

All Rise is a courthouse drama that follows the chaotic, hopeful, and sometimes absurd lives of its judges, prosecutors, and public defenders, as they work with bailiffs, clerks, and cops to get justice for the people of Los Angeles amidst a flawed legal process. Among them is newly appointed Judge Lola Carmichael (Simone Missick), a highly regarded and impressive deputy district attorney who doesn’t intend to sit back on the bench in her new role, but instead leans in, immediately pushing the boundaries and challenging the expectations of what a judge can be.

Misty n them titties ...i`m in ....:sleazy:

but dam she gonna b wenching by episode 5 ....:hmm:

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Started watching the black version of First Wives Club only watching for Jill Scott .IT's pretty funny but cliched and im glad the episodes are only 25 minutes long

jyjmv6lyzat4mgdclthf.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Thanks for the new recommendations. Anyone gonna be checking out that new series The Unicorn with Walton Goggins? Premieres tonight ... he's also co-starring on the current season of The Righteous Gemstones ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I have it set to record, Rob Corddry should give me some laughs.

Agreed. Good cast & Rob's always good for the comedy. Goggins pretty much always delivers too. The Shield, Justified, Vice Principals, The Righteous Gemstones, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walton_Goggins#Television

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Evil
Mike Colter(Luke Cage), Katja Herbers(she has some nice legs)

David Acosta, a priest-in-training (Mike Colter) recruits Kristen Bouchard, a forensic psychologist (Katja Herbers) and Ben, a carpenter (Aasif Mandvi) to help him evaluate if the phenomena reported to the church has scientific explanations or are actually supernatural in this series from from Robert and Michelle King.
MV5BMjViOTAzZjItNjUxNy00OWFmLTlmOWQtN2M2MGM1OWJhOWQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,663,1000_AL_.jpg

One episode in and this show can work. It may be a little risky for broadcast TV but hopefully it stays, if not Showtime or Netflix can steal it. I need more of the demon though, he is no joke. Dude licked her c-section scar, checking that she had no panties on, then this fool straight up pissed in the corner of her room. First episode could of been pushed to a double episode to explain a bit more. I'm hooked and ready for more.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Evil
Mike Colter(Luke Cage), Katja Herbers(she has some nice legs)

David Acosta, a priest-in-training (Mike Colter) recruits Kristen Bouchard, a forensic psychologist (Katja Herbers) and Ben, a carpenter (Aasif Mandvi) to help him evaluate if the phenomena reported to the church has scientific explanations or are actually supernatural in this series from from Robert and Michelle King.
MV5BMjViOTAzZjItNjUxNy00OWFmLTlmOWQtN2M2MGM1OWJhOWQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,663,1000_AL_.jpg

One episode in and this show can work. It may be a little risky for broadcast TV but hopefully it stays, if not Showtime or Netflix can steal it. I need more of the demon though, he is no joke. Dude licked her c-section scar, checking that she had no panties on, then this fool straight up pissed in the corner of her room. First episode could of been pushed to a double episode to explain a bit more. I'm hooked and ready for more.

Thanks for the intel. Sounds good.

https://rottentomatoes.com/tv/evil/s01/reviews

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_(TV_series)

clitsational

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I am glad that I passed on that bullshit. It is funny that they never show any faggotry in its advertisements.
the only black male on the show (angela basset's character's husband)

decides he needs to "come out" to his pre teen children in minute 21 of episode 1

foh

:cool: