TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Going to check out the season finales for The Gentlemen and Parish tonight. Also, the most recent episode of Sugar.

In the week ahead ... going to start on season 1 of Slow Horses, and the first few episodes of Dark City - The Cleaner, and A Man in Full. Also need to get started on season 2 of The Responder next week.

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Its the patriarchy's fault!!! :grin:

This show is proof of an agenda by the media and associated parties. Does it even have viewership?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Finished the seasons for Parish and The Gentlemen.

Both worked well as they left you guessing until the end as to how they would play out. Neither was entirely formulaic. I liked the lens or filter for Parish too as many of the indoor and outdoor scenes seemed darker than usual in ep 6.

Started Dark City - The Cleaner. Pretty good. The end of the pilot episode did not work as well for me as the rest. The main character’s narration works well as a serial killer though. Especially his observations at the workplace.

Also started A Man in Full. Liked it and the character introduction(s). Getting to know who’s who and how their storylines will inevitably overlap.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Finished the seasons for Parish and The Gentlemen.

Both worked well as they left you guessing until the end as to how they would play out. Neither was entirely formulaic. I liked the lens or filter for Parish too as many of the indoor and outdoor scenes seemed darker than usual in ep 6.

Started Dark City - The Cleaner. Pretty good. The end of the pilot episode did not work as well for me as the rest. The main character’s narration works well as a serial killer though. Especially his observations at the workplace.

Also started A Man in Full. Liked it and the character introduction(s). Getting to know who’s who and how their storylines will inevitably overlap.

Meant to also add that we're all caught up on The Sympathizer and Sugar over here too.

The Sympathizer has been quite good. Good story and assortment of characters. Nice score / soundtrack too. Fucking RDJ playing 4 characters? Oh yeah - that too. The lead actor has a good screen presence too. Unique look. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in a bunch more stuff moving forward.

As for Sugar ... enjoyable too, though the end of the most recent 6th episode ... I dunno. Had heard that the critics / reviews weren't too fond, so we'll see what happens with the story moving forward on the latter half of the season. Can't say too much as I have to be vague and not spoil anything for those who may want to watch it.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

84727033-13405961-image-a-284_1715382172016.jpg

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor