TV Show Discussion: The Boys by Garth Ennis on Amazon Prime (Fonz Approved!!!) Update: Gen V spin off airing new!

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This isn't even a real fight.
Homelander would get his ass ROYALLY kicked by Thanos alone, even without his armies to fall back on.
Then; to add insult to injury, Thanos would snap his fingers and wipe a humiliated Homelander out of existence.
- Homelander is not a fighter. He's a super powered bully who isn't used to fighting because he's usually the most powerful being in the world.
- As evidenced in episode 6 of season 3; when fighting Soldier Boy, Butcher and Hughie or similarly powered beings, he's almost completely out of his element.
- Homelander does not adapt well to fighting against new unforseen powers or adversaries. Thanos is a warlord, a conqueror and a destroyer of worlds who would totally own him in a relatively short time frame.

'Nuff said...
:dunno:

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Sure.
It's easy to hold a somewhat cynical view of America these days what with the state of the country is in and watching an immensely enjoyable series like The Boys with a character like Homelander as it's shining example of American/corporate power, greed, hypocracy and bullshit.

But...
In spite of all the shit that transpired in Winter Soldier and Civil War; Steve Rogers still emerged as a TRUE hero with his morals, his faith in people, his ethics and his patriotism INTACT. He still proudly wore The Stars & Stripes while fighting the good fight and ultimately came out on top.
2c06dc0fc4e63274e5f7e9a5d61dd3ef.jpg
1395783.jpg

And unlike Soldier Boy from The Boys, Steve really IS a hero and not some propped up, murderous, psychotic dope fiend who loves to fuck old broads two at a time.... :dunno:

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Donald Trump: 'I could shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters' :p

Yes, there is a guy dressed as him at the end.

Last edited:

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Warning. For those who haven't watched the finale. People on YouTube. Are posting spoilers :angry:

I was going to watch this shit later on. But I was doing my usual scrolling through shit. Before going to sleep and then boom. I was like wtf? I'm currently watching it now.

Edit- Dayum this episode was awesome. Can't wait for season 4. The ending had me :lol:

Last edited:

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
Watched the last ep. Damn, what a great season!

I honestly don't think Black Noir is dead. I don't know, maybe because he was one of the bad guys I liked. I'm thinking that he can heal in some way. Homelander brought Black Noir's helmet but not his head. Eh, I could be reaching.

Maeve got what she wanted. But I can still see her drying later buy the hands of Homelander.

A-Train has burned too many bridges to redeem himself.

I used to think the Deep was a useless character but he has become one of the most important characters on the show. His comment relief presence has stolen many scenes. "Is everything good with Black Noir?"

Mother's Milk, please kill Todd. Like today!

Also, I think Todd may eventually help Homelander set the Boys up through MM. Just a theory.

Very hypocritical of Homelander to chastise A-Train about killing Blue Hawk after he himself revealed he killed Black Noir.

Anybody else notice how Homelander seem to be struggling in the more fights he get in? I mean, I know Maeve is a supe but Homelander is supposedly so powerful that he would hand her her ass in seconds. But now she is bloodying him up???

Butcher is always so close yet can never get at Homelander. That shit with his kid kinda hurt. I think his kid (and maybe Hughie) is the only that that kept some good in him. But damn, that was some cold shit Soldier Boy said to Butcher about Homelander fucking his wife.

The kid is going to be a problem. Period.

I agree with Butcher that Victoria Nueman (headpopper) needs to go. Point, black, period. But somehow I think she will last the longest of the baddies.

Damn, so Soldier Boy really can't be killed. Dude took shots from practically everybody and kept on rolling. The fucked up part is even if they keep him in that chamber he would likely outlive all of them.

Speaking of Soldier Boy, I don't think the Boys can beat Homelander and his new team without Soldier Boy. If Homealnder has Headpopper and his son on his new team it will be a mess for the Boys.

One last thing, anybody else catch the Viking Insurrectionist aka Q-Anon Shaman in the crowd when Homelander revealed his son to the public?

Last edited:

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Weird questions going into season 4.

Decent finale but I didn't think that character would make it.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I honestly don't think Black Noir is dead. I don't know, maybe because he was one of the bad guys I liked. I'm thinking that he can heal in some way. Homelander brought Black Noir's helmet but not his head. Eh, I could be reaching.

Maeve got what she wanted. But I can still see her drying later buy the hands of Homelander.

I used to think the Deep was a useless character but he has become one of the most important characters on the show. His comment relief presence has stolen many scenes. "Is everything good with Black Noir?"

Also, I think Todd may eventually help Homelander set the Boys up through MM. Just a theory.

Very hypocritical of Homelander to chastise A-Train about killing Blue Hawk after he himself revealed he killed Black Noir.

Anybody else notice how Homelander seem to be struggling in the more fights he get in? I mean, I know Maeve is a supe but Homelander is supposedly so powerful that he would hand her her ass in seconds. But now she is bloodying him up???

Butcher is always so close yet can never get at Homelander. That shit with his kid kinda hurt. I think his kid (and maybe Hughie) is the only that that kept some good in him. But damn, that was some cold shit Soldier Boy said to Butcher about Homelander fucking his wife.

I agree with Butcher that Victoria Nueman (headpopper) needs to go. Point, black, period. But somehow I think she will last the longest of the baddies.

Damn, so Soldier Boy really can't be killed. Dude took shots from practically everybody and kept on rolling. The fucked up part is even if they keep him in that chamber he would likely outlive all of them.

Speaking of Soldier Boy, I don't think the Boys can beat Homelander and his new team without Soldier Boy. If Homealnder has Headpopper and his son on his new team it will be a mess for the Boys.

One last thing, anybody else catch the Viking Insurrectionist aka Q-Anon Shaman in the crowd when Homelander revealed his son to the public?

To me the season started off weak ,but they pulled it together by the end. I still feel like they really don't know what to do as far as storylines for the Boys team outside of Hughie and Butcher. I thought they would do more with MM given his relationship to Soldier Boy, but it didn't happen.

BN could not heal his face or brain so I doubt he could heal his guts being removed. Technically, Homelander didn't remove his head so there was no head to bring. I could be wrong but im thinking Homelander still liked BN so that could explain why he would not remove his head and throw it around to prove a point. Killing what could be considered his best friend was more of a reminder to the remaining team that anyone can get it.

If A-Train would have killed a supe just because, I don't think Homelander would have cared however, A-Train killed a supe because of a human. I could be wrong but that is what I think was the real issue for Homelander. That and attempting to say supes could some how do wrong by having supes apologize to humans.

I think they'll use Soldier Boy, but not in tge way you are thinking. I'm guessing they'll find a way to bottle Soldier Boy's power to remove sups powers.

Unless they do a time skip, Ryan is too young to be a threat in my opinion. He may also be too soft. Even though being around Homelander and being worshiped may play a part in him being more like tge typically supe, I'm not sure they'll have his character turn into a Joffrey Baratheon type. I liked the idea of him being the new Soldier Boy. Again, not sure how that would work if there isn't a time skip. Given that Butcher only has around a year to live, a time skip isn't likely.

I need to go back and watch the scene, but Victoria Nueman almost got killed this season. It seems like she needs line of sight to use her powers. Assuming I'm correct, Starlight powers would be more than enough especially if it were two on one. Starlight blinds her and the second person could just follow up.

I think Maeve should have died and im not gettinghow she lived. Granted, she wasn't officiallyone of the Boys, but she was close enough. At somepoint, the Boys should have lost someone. Meave not being an officialteam member would have been good enough for now.

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
To me the season started off weak ,but they pulled it together by the end. I still feel like they really don't know what to do as far as storylines for the Boys team outside of Hughie and Butcher. I thought they would do more with MM given his relationship to Soldier Boy, but it didn't happen.

BN could not heal his face or brain so I doubt he could heal his guts being removed. Technically, Homelander didn't remove his head so there was no head to bring. I could be wrong but im thinking Homelander still liked BN so that could explain why he would not remove his head and throw it around to prove a point. Killing what could be considered his best friend was more of a reminder to the remaining team that anyone can get it.

If A-Train would have killed a supe just because, I don't think Homelander would have cared however, A-Train killed a supe because of a human. I could be wrong but that is what I think was the real issue for Homelander. That and attempting to say supes could some how do wrong by having supes apologize to humans.

I think they'll use Soldier Boy, but not in tge way you are thinking. I'm guessing they'll find a way to bottle Soldier Boy's power to remove sups powers.

Unless they do a time skip, Ryan is too young to be a threat in my opinion. He may also be too soft. Even though being around Homelander and being worshiped may play a part in him being more like tge typically supe, I'm not sure they'll have his character turn into a Joffrey Baratheon type. I liked the idea of him being the new Soldier Boy. Again, not sure how that would work if there isn't a time skip. Given that Butcher only has around a year to live, a time skip isn't likely.

I need to go back and watch the scene, but Victoria Nueman almost got killed this season. It seems like she needs line of sight to use her powers. Assuming I'm correct, Starlight powers would be more than enough especially if it were two on one. Starlight blinds her and the second person could just follow up.

I think Maeve should have died and im not gettinghow she lived. Granted, she wasn't officiallyone of the Boys, but she was close enough. At somepoint, the Boys should have lost someone. Meave not being an officialteam member would have been good enough for now.

Good observations. It did seem like MM and Soldier Boy's arch never came.

I think you are right about BN.

To clarify about the kid, Ryan, I think Homelander would use him as an Achilles Heel for Butcher and his crew. If HL can convince Ryan to kill as a kid then he would have an Ace card to play. And the kid smiling at the end may be a foreshadow that he may be OK with killing. Because nobody in Butcher's crew is about that life of taking out a 10 year old boy. And HL knows Butcher will back away when Ryan is around.

I do think (and hope) Soldier Boy returns next season.

Everybody keeps saying that Starlight will be the best bet to take out headpopper but I think Hughie (on Compound V of course) would be the one.

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor

if butcher would of let soldier boy blast homelander and ryan , they would of been able to take the blast and lose their powers. butcher played that one wrong. if maeve can survive soldier boy blast head on falling out a of a high rise window , then ryan would of survive that blast.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
if butcher would of let soldier boy blast homelander and ryan , they would of been able to take the blast and lose their powers. butcher played that one wrong. if maeve can survive soldier boy blast head on falling out a of a high rise window , then ryan would of survive that blast.

Meave lived via plot armor. From what was shown earlier in the season, Butcher made the right call. There was no way for Butcher to know what level of power Soldier Boy was going to use.

Unless I missed something, the scene with Meave doesn't add up. The blast happens mid air, so Meave should not have survived the fall. When Kimiko was hit with the blast, she seemed to lose her powers instantly, was at a distance and hit with a weaker blast. Meave was holding onto Soldier Boy with what I'm assuming to be a stronger blast than Kimiko was hit with and we have to assume both hit the ground as they were falling at high speed from a very high building. Not mention earlier episodes showed Soldier Boy's blast are more destructive when he is not fully aware. Clearly there is a difference in supes abilities but I thought Kimiko's main power was regeneration. Even if you say overall Meave is stronger than Kimiko, I'd think Meaves healing ability is better than a human but not on the level of Kimiko. In theory, Kimiko survive due to her powers helping before going away. Given that Meave was holding Soldier Boy and it happens in the air, Meave's powers should have been gone by the time they hit the ground and her regenerative ability if any is not on the same level of Kimiko.

Ryan got knocked unconscious from a regular hit from Soldier Boy, so he shouldn't be able to survive a blast from Soldier Boy. The force of the blast alone and it's ability to remove supes powers should be enough to kill a kid supe. The TNT twins seem to be immediately killed from blast and burned. In theory Ryan would be stronger than them but at this point not on the level of adults like Meave and Homelander. Even if Ryan wasn't hit with a blast strong enough to burn him, the impact from the blast should be fatal. Butcher was already under the belief that Ryan wasn't ready to fight Homelander at his current age so he rightfully assumed the blast would be fatal or severely injure Ryan.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster