TV Discussion: New series by Donald Glover - Atlanta UPDATE: FINAL 4th Season Sept 2022!

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm feeling indifferent about the finale. Just ehh.

I'm kind of feeling that way about the whole season but it was very well made. Great talking points. I think we spent too much time on the individuals and we didn't really get a chance to really develop the characters on the show. Seems like they only had 2 episodes to do it.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Earn hasn’t given me any reason over the past two seasons to think he could pull off something like that before boarding an international flight.
Yeah basedo n how they write his character......I expected for him to just take one for the team and bite the bullet. IN real life....TSA ain't playing that shit. :lol:

so Earn put it in Clark's bag so Paper can headline the tour but the manager took the fall?
That's what I got from it. But the manager took the fall so Clark still headlining.

fwillia

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm feeling indifferent about the finale. Just ehh.

I'm kind of feeling that way about the whole season but it was very well made. Great talking points. I think we spent too much time on the individuals and we didn't really get a chance to really develop the characters on the show. Seems like they only had 2 episodes to do it.

I feel like that about pretty much all of the Donald Glover content that’s come out since he’s been labeled as an “important voice”. I find it interesting and smart, even, but it always feels like something is missing.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I feel like that about pretty much all of the Donald Glover content that’s come out since he’s been labeled as an “important voice”. I find it interesting and smart, even, but it always feels like something is missing.

Yeah we all have our opinions so I won't knock anyone who thought this was a great season.........but at this point his art is being judged based on a label he's received for some of his work.....like you said, this season was missing SOMETHING. My theory is that everyones schedule got in the way and the writers decided to go in a different direction. They'd never admit that but I believe that had to be the case.

Jordan Peele is in the same boat. I'm waiting to see what this film with Spike Lee does.......but his reputation is based on what "Get Out" was which its as genius work......but there's far more misses than hits.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Shows like Atlanta are not made for traditional week to week viewing. They are made for modern streaming services that drop the full season at one time.

I have the day off tomorrow and I'm tempted to watch the entire second season start to finish to see if it feels different.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shows like Atlanta are not made for traditional week to week viewing. They are made for modern streaming services that drop the full season at one time.

I have the day off tomorrow and I'm tempted to watch the entire second season start to finish to see if it feels different.

I mayhave to do the same.......season 1 IMO was fine viewing it every week. This one might need to be rewatched.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
am i the only one that noticed that during tonight's episode, the commerical about Deadpool II was all about Van aka Vanessa aka Ern Baby Momma aka Domino

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Earn proved he was down for paper boi just like a ton of us already knew he was.
He felt like Paper should be headlining had the piece and was gonna set up clark so Paper could headline it
Paper saw it and respected it and TOLD HIM WHY

everybody rooting for Earn to fail and Paper recognizes what Earn is.
The only one who actually GIVES a fuck.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
Earn proved he was down for paper boi just like a ton of us already knew he was.
He felt like Paper should be headlining had the piece and was gonna set up clark so Paper could headline it
Paper saw it and respected it and TOLD HIM WHY

everybody rooting for Earn to fail and Paper recognizes what Earn is.
The only one who actually GIVES a fuck.

Tried to tell niggas, intentions speak louder than words and actions.

People can hate everything Earn did and didn't do all season, but at the end of the day, he always tried to do right by Al.

Jay_from_dade

RawStrippers&Nut N Models
Certified Pussy Poster
Al wouldn't fire him before he got to see the world at least.

Al always been looking out for Earn. That's love, cAuse most niggas would have fired him before.

When earn saw that gun. The look on his face. I said to myself, "damn you gone be a fuck up your whole life Earn?"

And that Manager white He will be alright :lol:

Paper respected Earnis willing to do whatever it takes. Like Darious said can't afford to fail/ lose.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Al always been looking out for Earn. That's love, cAuse most niggas would have fired him before.

When earn saw that gun. The look on his face. I said to myself, "damn you gone be a fuck up your whole life Earn?"

And that Manager white He will be alright :lol:

Paper respected Earnis willing to do whatever it takes. Like Darious said can't afford to fail/ lose.

That's all paper needed to see how serious he was about his career
He couldn't see what we saw with how he was trying