TV Debate: Was SCRUBS the most UNDER-RATED TV comedy?? UPDATE: THEY'RE BACK!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Scrubs+Season+6.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VLhbivYQTsc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9SwQtVsRXsc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

*this was one of my favorites...:lol:

:dance::dance::dance:

fwillia

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'd say it was pretty much properly rated.

Arrested Development, on the other hand, was totally underrated.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I disagree...

I think critically and with nominations Arrested Development is recognized as a classic..

especially since its coming back on Netflix AND becoming a major movie...

Scrubs has a big cult following and it pioneered a lot of comedies like Community...

and it even had episodes showing how OTHER shows bit they style and soundtrack over the years...:D

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I never watched til bitches kept saying I look like Turk, so I watches to see what the fuss was about. That nigga my twin lol.

But yeah that show was funny as shit. JD and Turk and that lead DR some fools. :yes:

That brother is a REALLY cool dude, I actually met him once...

I think some assume he is a a little too white boy but dude is real...

actually talked about that in an interview too...

with a snowflake on his arm...:D

Djmarkxr7

OG BGOL'er
Registered

100% CO-SIGN!!!

"Scrubs" was on for 9 seasons on 2 different networks so there's NO WAY it could be underrated, however "Arrested Developement" was only on for 3 and was COMPLETELY underappreciated!!!

They actually did a "Scrubs" reunion on Courtney Cox'" show "Cougar Town" since several of the actors from "Scrubs" are currently on that show!

Heard it was going to TBS.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
100% CO-SIGN!!!

"Scrubs" was on for 9 seasons on 2 different networks so there's NO WAY it could be underrated, however "Arrested Developement" was only on for 3 and was COMPLETELY underappreciated!!!

I'll give you that...

NBC moving it around killed not the quality of the show...

but Arrested Development was one of the SMARTEST comedies on TV EVER!!!

I watch it on IFC and I still see gags and jokes I missed or referenced other episodes...

But Wings was on NBC FOREVER too...

aint no one calling that shit classic fam.

Djmarkxr7

OG BGOL'er
Registered
I disagree...

I think critically and with nominations Arrested Development is recognized as a classic..

especially since its coming back on Netflix AND becoming a major movie...

Scrubs has a big cult following and it pioneered a lot of comedies like Community...

and it even had episodes showing how OTHER shows bit they style and soundtrack over the years...:D

You've got that backwards bruh, with 9 seasons under its belt "Scubs" was syndicated and has actually never left the air, appearing on numerous channels all over cable, "Arrested Development" on the other hand was almost cancelled twice, was only on the air for 3 seasons, and HAD to develope an online cult following which is why they're making it imto a movie!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You've got that backwards bruh, with 9 seasons under its belt "Scubs" was syndicated and has actually never left the air, appearing on numerous channels all over cable, "Arrested Development" on the other hand was almost cancelled twice, was only on the air for 3 seasons, and HAD to develope an online cult following which is why they're making it imto a movie!

I hear you trust me I know that syndication money is a goldmine...

Im just saying that the entire time AD was on the air critics and fans HERALDED IT AS GREAT...

regardless of the ratings...

I don't think Scrubs EVER enjoyed that passionate amount of adoration...

especially when it went to ABC and lost a lot of the cast and just floundered...

I don't think we disagree here...

I just think when a conversation of great situation comedies comes up I don't think Scrubs s will be mentioned and DEFINITELY NOT before AD!!!

I think AD gets Seinfeld comparisons...

Which I think isn't fair cause they are two totally different styles of comedy...

Djmarkxr7

OG BGOL'er
Registered
I hear you trust me I know that syndication money is a goldmine...

Im just saying that the entire time AD was on the air critics and fans HERALDED IT AS GREAT...

regardless of the ratings...

I don't think Scrubs EVER enjoyed that passionate amount of adoration...

especially when it went to ABC and lost a lot of the cast and just floundered...

I don't think we disagree here...

I just think when a conversation of great situation comedies comes up I don't think Scrubs s will be mentioned and DEFINITELY NOT before AD!!!

I think AD gets Seinfeld comparisons...

Which I think isn't fair cause they are two totally different styles of comedy...

Understood and agreed, just like anything that ends before it's time "AD" enjoys its cult status because fans wanted more, it didn't get a chance to go dry.

Boy what I wouldn't give to see that little chocolate frozen banana stand now!

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
Maaaaan, Scrubs is my show!

One of my favorite scenes...

BGOL CSI, any info on the sista in this clip?

Hitek

Support BGOL
Registered
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tgewyPhGYHM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This Show had a lot of memorable characters

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
i got u fam...Keilana Smith

and the rest are Kitana Bake:yes:,Theresa Barrera and Julie Hudson

can u delete the multiple post,now?:lol:

Damn, that's what I'm talking about.

Thanks fam!

Sorry about the multiple post. :lol: My tablet started lagging when I was hitting the reply button.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered

I agree. Scrubs is on like 3-4 stations now, I think it's appreciated enough.

Arrested Development was the shit. I loved that show. It was just that it was on on Friday nights when I was never home to catch it.