Turkey Leg Hut is being sued by US Foods Inc. for $1.3 million

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
He's doing a whole lotta talking about nothing when the only thing that needs to be said is did this nigga pay for the turkey legs or not?

larry-david-confused.gif
Yea man did you pay for those fuckin legs :angry:

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yea man did you pay for those fuckin legs :angry:
Honestly, it shouldn't matter if they paid or not. U.S. Foods is going to take the loss. And that's that.

Pennies are better than lint. They were probably overcharging anyway. Aren't they the company that did Mexicans dirty during covid?

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The math ain't matching? Smh.

This the rhetoric and response we get from the people requiring you to wear Sundays best while charging $30 for a turkey leg.
It makes perfect sense. Haters are mad they had to buy Gucci suits? Those losers were gonna buy those suits anyway. And if you have money for Gucci suits, you shouldn't be flinching at $100 turkey legs. Suckers!

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The math ain't matching? Smh.

This the rhetoric and response we get from the people requiring you to wear Sundays best while charging $30 for a turkey leg.

They never said you have to wear church attire. Even with the dress code in place they still got hoodrats trying to sabotage their business by walking in there but ass naked..

Niggas won't flinch to overpay for some tough ass $100 steak at steak 48 and will abide by their dress code :smh:. The white man's ice is still colder.

I agree the brother isn't showing good ettiiquite & should let his lawyers do the talking but I'm not bashing a popular black business when so many other non black businesses treat us like shit. They'll clear this up & hopefully learn from it.

Last edited:

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Something is very fishy about this. Also US foods need to show receipts. No, I’m not letting the turkey hut off the hook because sometimes money make people do strange things but I would like to see the receipts from US foods.
In my limited experience, US Foods is worse than a loan shark. The operate on volume and don’t give a shit if your joint makes money or not. The deals are so one sided you are doomed to fail at some point. But they have so much reach and connections it’s hard to say ‘no’.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
They never said you have to wear church attire. Even with the dress code in place they still got hoodrats trying to sabotage their business by walking in there but ass naked..

Niggas won't flinch to overpay for some tough ass $100 steak at steak 48 and will abide by their dress code :smh:. The white man's ice is still colder.

I agree the brother isn't showing good ettiiquite & should let his lawyers do the talking but I'm not bashing a popular black business when so many other non black businesses treat us like shit. They'll clear this up & hopefully learn from it.

:smh:

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Honestly, it shouldn't matter if they paid or not. U.S. Foods is going to take the loss. And that's that.

Pennies are better than lint. They were probably overcharging anyway. Aren't they the company that did Mexicans dirty during covid?

LOL WTF. All those companies US Food, Sysco & other food distributors all charge right around the same thing, unless they are running specials. But on average the prices are the same thing.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

That was a self promotion attention whore tactic that was literally done in response to the dress code. Cant use that outlier as reason for it. And again, if you're gonna have those standards you must first begin by holding yourself to them. Having fine dining rules at a hood soul spot with picnic tables at it bro. And saying a got dam $30 turkey leg is overpriced dont make you a sellout. And miss me with the "black people never support" bullshit. That ignorant ass nigga built a million dollar business on the backs of Black support.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That was a self promotion attention whore tactic that was literally done in response to the dress code. Cant use that outlier as reason for it. And again, if you're gonna have those standards you must first begin by holding yourself to them. Having fine dining rules at a hood soul spot with picnic tables at it bro. And saying a got dam $30 turkey leg is overpriced dont make you a sellout. And miss me with the "black people never support" bullshit. That ignorant ass nigga built a million dollar business on the backs of Black support.

They even gat they grannies speaking for them now :smh:

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It can happen, plus you have to understand how restaurants operate. TLH probably leases or is buying (financed) there kitchen equipment from US Foods (check the prices for commercial fryers, ranges & equipment, refigerators, freezers, dishwashers, bar equipment), the also sell plates, bowls, silverware, glassware etc. So those payments alone can be 4-5 figures easily. Then you start adding in food & supply orders.
I was looking at mini blast chillers for my daughter's baking, and they start at $6,000 for a small basic unit.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not really, just pay your damn bills & be professional. Dude probably ran up bills until he got cut off then tried to buy somewhere else, not thinking they'd go this route. The partner made a dumbasses agreement, probably knowing they wouldn't or couldn't make the arranged payments. That spot stays packed & should be raking in $$$$, if they are managing business correctly.
They seem to spend a lot of money on personal luxury items. It ain't what you make…. 99.999999% of people are their income increases, so does the spending.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Some of you niggas are dumb as fuck and truly have hate in your hearts. This is one of top profiting full service restaurants in a top 5 city in America and you stupid muthafuckas think they would willingly fuck that up behind $86,000?? Are y'all fucking kidding me? Y'all can't see the game being played here? Really??? These folks are probably clearing $10-20,000 in bar sales alone A FUCKING DAY...but $86,000 was just more than they could stand, huh? :hmm:

See, some of you Sgt. Waters ass negroes are so busy hating on your own people that you can't see these crackas playing divide and conquer. This dude has built a multi-million dollar business in the heart of the city and ya'll won't even give this cat the benefit of the doubt. Like he's some retarded ass dummy that lucked up on this goldmine instead of being the MF that CREATED the goldmine.

And then ya'll come in posting these hateful bitches mad because they couldn't walk in the restaurant with their fucking booty meat hanging out. The audacity of Black folks daring to have a got damn STANDARD! How dare they! You niggas really ain't shit. I swear fo' gawd. Y'all ain't shit.

im-out-bye.gif
hallelujah-glory.gif

Temujin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some of you niggas are dumb as fuck and truly have hate in your hearts. This is one of top profiting full service restaurants in a top 5 city in America and you stupid muthafuckas think they would willingly fuck that up behind $86,000?? Are y'all fucking kidding me? Y'all can't see the game being played here? Really??? These folks are probably clearing $10-20,000 in bar sales alone A FUCKING DAY...but $86,000 was just more than they could stand, huh? :hmm:

See, some of you Sgt. Waters ass negroes are so busy hating on your own people that you can't see these crackas playing divide and conquer. This dude has built a multi-million dollar business in the heart of the city and ya'll won't even give this cat the benefit of the doubt. Like he's some retarded ass dummy that lucked up on this goldmine instead of being the MF that CREATED the goldmine.

And then ya'll come in posting these hateful bitches mad because they couldn't walk in the restaurant with their fucking booty meat hanging out. The audacity of Black folks daring to have a got damn STANDARD! How dare they! You niggas really ain't shit. I swear fo' gawd. Y'all ain't shit.

im-out-bye.gif

AMEN. This is a bs lawsuit about owing 85k for a business he could sell tomorrow for 10-20Million easy. He could sell two cars and pay that. Anybody that knows civil suits knows what the plaintiff ask for is always inflated. It's the starting point for negoitiation. Meanwhile people are rooting for the downfall of the entire business. LOL Why?
Because they don't like the way he talks.
They don't like his tattoos
They don't like the dress code at his restaurant.
They don't like how much he charges.

We say go in business be your own boss you can do what you want then your own people tear you down for doing what you want even when you are successful doing it. I'm appalled at how we treat each other.

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
AMEN. This is a bs lawsuit about owing 85k for a business he could sell tomorrow for 10-20Million easy. He could sell two cars and pay that. Anybody that knows civil suits knows what the plaintiff ask for is always inflated. It's the starting point for negoitiation. Meanwhile people are rooting for the downfall of the entire business. LOL Why?
Because they don't like the way he talks.
They don't like his tattoos
They don't like the dress code at his restaurant.
They don't like how much he charges.

We say go in business be your own boss you can do what you want then your own people tear you down for doing what you want even when you are successful doing it. I'm appalled at how we treat each other.
Man you're creating falsehoods that didn't exist. No one said they wanted his business to fail, everyone said they want his dumbass to stop talking and let his lawyer do it. He doesn't have the ability to articulate well and that could be used against his dumb country ass

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The place is extremely popular and famous
$100 minimums
A huge place there were hours waits
It's been this way for at least 5 years
I didn't even mention takeout

He also has a couple food trucks set up around town that opens on certain days. The food trucks always have a line around the corner just like the restaurant. They're making a killing. If they weren't making so much as a black restaurant there wouldn't be any outside forces trying hard to shut them down.

We got some niggas in here ready to throw a party if there's a potential demise of his business :smh:

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Running a restaurant isn't as much of a cake walk as people think.

I worked in and ran several over a decade+.
Profit margins are thin AF to be frank.

Lot of people start restaurants and close restaurants within 2-3 years because of overhead etc.
Man he's way past that point with his business. He's probably making close to a million a year on the bar alone

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I certainly hope so.
The money is in liquor sales.
Food is razor thin.
Don't think you understand the level of hype behind the biz.

We had some family travel to Houston on biz.
He stayed in a hotel. Getting drunk at the hotel bar met this white lady who flew into Houston just to eat at Turkey Leg Hut just cause she heard how good it was. I mean to have "wypipo" fly in just to eat from there is nuttz.

Just on the grounds of the hype the biz has grown. So all the talk he was saying about going from state to state opening them, maybe if it doesn't get saturated, then cool.

But I've gone to when they had just the food truck set up in areas around Houston and to see the line and wait times is crazy.

The buzz for them is there. And as far as food, looking at what legs cost in the grocery store and he's buying bulk and selling the cheapest at $18 and up to $37 for a "stuffed" leg, yeah he doing quite alright. Look up their menu and prices and can tell they making bank.

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't think you understand the level of hype behind the biz.

We had some family travel to Houston on biz.
He stayed in a hotel. Getting drunk at the hotel bar met this white lady who flew into Houston just to eat at Turkey Leg Hut just cause she heard how good it was. I mean to have "wypipo" fly in just to eat from there is nuttz.

Just on the grounds of the hype the biz has grown. So all the talk he was saying about going from state to state opening them, maybe if it doesn't get saturated, then cool.

But I've gone to when they had just the food truck set up in areas around Houston and to see the line and wait times is crazy.

The buzz for them is there. And as far as food, looking at what legs cost in the grocery store and he's buying bulk and selling the cheapest at $18 and up to $37 for a "stuffed" leg, yeah he doing quite alright. Look up their menu and prices and can tell they making bank.

People who don't even live in Houston or never been to their spot making wild assumptions & criticisms. Anybody that lives here knows TLH been popping for a minute. They could raise their prices up another $10 & they would still thrive.

TLH & Breakfast Klub might be the 2 most bullet proof black restaurants in Houston guaranteed to have a line.

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

im-out-bye.gif
Maybe, but you did see that video he posted, right?

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
let me tell how it will end.

1. either they will pay what they owe and keep it moving
2. declare for bankruptcy
3. a 3rdparty will come in by the rights to turkey hutts, resolve the tax issue and change the menu slowly kill off the brand and hype by mass producing bullshit ass food.
4. continue to make dumb ass vidoes,not saying a damn thing and hurting their brand by letting the bullshit hit the media.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nigga sound guilty as fuck.
No sense of professionalism and decency.
Just making it harder for the next black business to get a line of credit.
Thaaaaaaaaank you. My job deals in this. Most restaurants have some outstanding debt, and suppliers still send you product. It’s common in the restaurant game to owe a little. Dude is a simp. Now he gotta get his shit from Krogers. LMAOOO!

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
let me tell how it will end.

1. either they will pay what they owe and keep it moving
2. declare for bankruptcy
3. a 3rdparty will come in by the rights to turkey hutts, resolve the tax issue and change the menu slowly kill off the brand and hype by mass producing bullshit ass food.
4. continue to make dumb ass vidoes,not saying a damn thing and hurting their brand by letting the bullshit hit the media.
It will more likely be number 1