Trumps paid $0 in taxes in 2020, reported negative income 4 times in 6 years, returns reveal

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The dirty secret is that the tax code will never penalize those who create economic activity. There will always be loopholes for tax avoidance which isn't the same thing as under-the-table tax evasion. Fucked up that the middle class citizens get hurt the most because it sure as shit ain't illegals.
Yeah that's pretty much what I was getting at. We have middle class folks raging against the wrong machine, and voting to hurt themselves in the process. They don't make enough to skirt the law, so they have to blame someone, and it's easier to blame an underpaid immigrant for skipping out on $1000 of taxes.

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
13snl-articleLarge.jpg

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Is that illegal? I hope there’s some governmental organization that police that sort of stuff.

I think when you report that many losses you can use them to reduce your future gains. If it is all legit he is either losing tons of cash or he has it hidden in one of his kid's names.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
See this is the part I don't understand.

The president is technically a government employee that draws a salary of $400,000 a year. Why wasn't Trump being taxed on that?

Normally if you have a job and a side hustle the IRS treats both separately. They're still going to take a cut of your paycheck no matter how much you lose on your business.

Temujin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The president is technically a government employee that draws a salary of $400,000 a year. Why wasn't Trump being taxed on that?

Normally if you have a job and a side hustle the IRS treats both separately. They're still going to take a cut of your paycheck no matter how much you lose on your business.

That dude is the employee who claims exempt. He ain't getting nothing taken out his check but SS and Medicaid lol.

espadon

Star
BGOL Investor

Ok, I need the accountants on the board to help me out cause its been a while since I took Accounting II. According to the graphic, Trump reported a negative total income in '15, '16, and '17. Yet he paid $641,931, $750, and $750 in federal tax respectively. Why did he pay taxes if he didn't make any money?

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Every Pres since like 1976 has handed theirs over, and Trump said he would in 2016 but then backed out with a bullshit excuse that he used for the next 4 years. If he had just said it's not a law so fuck that, I'm not gonna do it, I'd be like hey, I hate his guts but ok. ....but he said he would and then backed out of it, so I'm glad they finally got it.

I'm sure he'll avoid major punishment for any of it, but fuck yeah, put it out on front street.

I’m not quite sure I understand the fascination with getting Trump’s tax returns.

Are they hoping to show that he’s ‘broke’?

Its a typical return by a rich person, showing as little income as possible and taking advantage of every loophole possible.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It doesn't change anything, but it holds him to the same standard that other presidents in the modern era have been held to and makes information public that he fought tooth and nail to keep private after initially saying he would make it public.

And this changes exactly WHAT?

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Trumps paid $0 in taxes in 2020, reported negative income 4 times in 6 years, returns reveal
By
Mark Moore
December 21, 2022 9:48am
Updated

The tax returns of former President Donald Trump and his wife Melania show they reported negative income in four of the six years between 2015 and 2020.
In three of those years — 2015, 2016 and 2017 –the Trumps reported income tax liability of just $750 or less, a report from the House Ways and Means Committee revealed.
The Democrat-controlled panel voted 24-16 along party lines Tuesday evening to release the Trumps’ tax returns following a legal battle that began in 2016.
The full release of the returns is expected in the coming days after all personal information is redacted from them.
In the six-year period covered by the returns, the Trumps’ adjusted gross income totaled negative $53.2 million, and their total federal tax liability, including self-employment and household employment taxes, was $4.4 million.
PREVIOUS
1of3
NEXT
The report from the House Ways & Means Committee, regarding the IRS and former President Donald Trump's tax returns's tax returns
The report from the House Ways and Means Committee, regarding the IRS and former President Donald Trump’s tax returns.AP
Information on former President Donald Trump's tax returns, released in a staff report by the Joint Committee on Taxation are seen on Wednesday.'s tax returns, released in a staff report by the Joint Committee on Taxation are seen on Wednesday.
Information on former President Donald Trump’s tax returns, released in a staff report by the Joint Committee on Taxation are seen on Wednesday.AP
Advertisement
The Trumps reported positive adjusted gross income in only two of those six years — $24.3 million in 2018 and $4.4 million in 2019.
After 2017, the then-first couple’s tax bill increased, the report found, with the Trumps paying almost $1 million in taxes in 2018 and $133,445 in 2019.
In 2020, as the coronavirus pandemic raged across the country, the Trumps reported a loss of $4.8 million and paid $0 in federal taxes.
House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal, D-Mass., talking to the media. The panel voted 24-16 to release the Trumps’ tax returns following a legal battle that began in 2016.AP A picture of staff members move boxes of documents from the hearing room to the office of the House Ways and Means Committee. The tax returns of former President Donald Trump and his wife Melania show negative income in four of the six years between 2015 and 2020. Getty Images
The release of the returns follows a protracted legal fight that began in April 2019 and went all the way to the Supreme Court.
The panel’s 29-page executive summary also shows that the IRS failed to conduct a mandatory audit of Donald Trump’s tax returns during the 45th president’s first two years in office — a requirement dating back to 1977 following a controversy over former President Richard Nixon’s taxes.
The IRS only began examining the former president’s individual tax return for 2015 — the year he announced his presidential run — when committee Chairman Richard Neal (D-Mass.) sent a letter to the federal agency on April 3, 2019, seeking information about the returns.
Former President Donald Trump and his wife, Melania Trump, reported negative income on four of six years of tax returns between 2015 and 2020. Former President Donald Trump and his wife, Melania Trump, reported negative income on four of six years of tax returns between 2015 and 2020.Corbis via Getty Images
More than five months later, the report says, the agency selected Trump’s 2016 return for a mandatory audit. The individual returns for 2017, 2018 and 2019 were not selected for examination until after the former president had left office.
“The Committee expected that these mandatory audits were being conducted promptly and in accordance with IRS policies,” Neal said in a statement Tuesday. “We anticipated the IRS would expand the mandatory audit program to account for the complex nature of the former president’s financial situation yet found no evidence of that. This is a major failure of the IRS under the prior administration, and certainly not what we had hoped to find.
“But the evidence is clear,” said Neal. “Congress must step in.”
Former President Donald Trump speaks at a political rally in Georgia on Dec. 5, 2020.Anadolu Agency via Getty Images
PREVIOUS
1of3
NEXT
A picture of staff members move boxes of documents from the hearing room to the office of the House Ways and Means Committee.
The Trumps reported positive adjusted gross income in only two of those six years — $24.3 million in 2018 and $4.4 million in 2019. Getty Images
A picture of staff members move boxes of documents from the hearing room to the office of the House Ways and Means Committee.
During the pandemic in 2020, the Trumps reported a loss of $4.8 million and paid $0 in federal taxes.Getty Images
Advertisement
In response to the committee’s probe, Neal has proposed legislation requiring the IRS to conduct an annual audit of each president’s finances. The bill is unlikely to go anywhere, with mere days to go before the end of the congressional session and Republicans taking control of the House on Jan. 3.
Trump, 76, who announced last month that he is running for president in 2024, has refused to release his tax returns, saying they were under IRS audit.
A spokesman for the former president characterized the release of the returns as an “unprecedented leak by lame duck Democrats” in a statement to the Wall Street Journal.
Former President Donald Trump and former first lady Melania Trump in August 2015. Donald and Melania Trump in August 2015.AFP via Getty Images
“If this injustice can happen to President Trump, it can happen to all Americans without cause,” Steven Cheung told the newspaper, adding that the full release of the returns will reflect Trump’s success as a businessman.
Democratic members of the committee said the release of the returns was necessary for transparency.
“I voted to reinforce this critical principle: No person is above the law, not even a president of the United States,” committee member Rep. Brendan Boyle (D-Pa.) said.
But Republicans warned that it could set a dangerous precedent.
Former President Donald Trump and his wife, Melania Trump, depart the White House on Dec. 5, 2020. Former President Donald Trump and his wife, Melania Trump, depart the White House on Dec. 5, 2020.Bloomberg via Getty Images
“Over our objections in opposition, Democrats in the Ways and Means Committee have unleashed a dangerous new political weapon that overturns decades of privacy protections,” Rep. Kevin Brady (R-Texas), the top GOPer on the panel, told reporters.
“The era of political targeting, and of Congress’ enemies list, is back and every American, every American taxpayer, who may get on the wrong side of the majority in Congress is now at risk,” the Texas lawmaker said.
What do you think? Post a comment.
Earlier this month, a Manhattan trial jury found the Trump Organization guilty of criminal tax fraud.
Prosecutors said the company helped top executives evade income taxes by providing them off-the-book perks like rent, private school tuition and luxury cars.

congratz to him. he did what many of us wish we could do.

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
It doesn't change anything, but it holds him to the same standard that other presidents in the modern era have been held to and makes information public that he fought tooth and nail to keep private after initially saying he would make it public.
he had no obligation to turn over anything.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Never even once said he had an obligation. ...but he himself said that he would make his returns public and then backed out. He backed out on bullshit about not being able to turn them over because he was under audit.

As I said in an earlier post (2 posts above the one you responded to), it wasn't a law, so if he would have just said "no" from jump, I'd be like ok... but that's not what he did.

he had no obligation to turn over anything.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
by the way, remember, this is the guy that made himself a political force by jumping into the birther fray and insisting that Obama was lying about his birth certificate, and saying time and time again that the he needed to "show his papers". That shit literally took trump from a celeb that flirted with politics to the hero of the republican party and put him on his way to the nomination.

shit, he even insisted that Obama make his college transcripts public.

Last edited:

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor

I think the bigger story is why his taxes were made public in the first place.

His "charitable" organization was already punished for undervaluing their holdings so the feds decided to look at Donnie's personal books as well.

This would be similar to the feds finding bricks of cocaine in a shipment of Tesla batteries and deciding to raid Elon Musk's houses. Even if they don't find a single flake in any of them, the fact remains that dude was using his business to commit crimes and rip off the government.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Also his own former lawyer saying under oath that he inflated the worth of his properties for the purposes of getting bank loans and deflated their worth for tax purposes.

I think the bigger story is why his taxes were made public in the first place.

His "charitable" organization was already punished for undervaluing their holdings so the feds decided to look at Donnie's personal books as well.

This would be similar to the feds finding bricks of cocaine in a shipment of Tesla batteries and deciding to raid Elon Musk's houses. Even if they don't find a single flake in any of them, the fact remains that dude was using his business to commit crimes and rip off the government.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

You really believe that? After all these years?

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor

"He donated his salary to charity" is the response I saw to that.
I can't verify it and don't care enough to chase down what charities benefited.
But that's the deal on the President pay.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
534db531eab8eacf1caab272

We got delusional fools positioning themselves to run for President that will trigger domestic terrorism against us. I believe January 6 was a preemptive race riot, and should be a wake up call. They were trying to get this triad into position (gay, preacher, black women).

This is how it was going to go down after seizing the capital and holding Congress captive, President Trump would come in as a dictator, and call off names for people to be killed; setting up a white ethno state.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
I plan to release my Jan 6 report that will supersede this fantasy tale issued by Congress for review in the politics section, mainly for my international audience. I am in the current process of doing research and compiling documents. This event wasn't a right wing conspiracy led by President Trump, this was a race based event triggered by a white unified left and right wing hysteria related to a freedman becoming President.

They wanted to demolish the current structures and create a white ethnostate government led initially by President Trump.