Trump to commemorate Juneteenth with a rally in Tulsa - 99 years and two weeks after the Tulsa Race Massacre

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I don't build with bullshit cooning motherfuckers be they domestic or foreign. For instance, I've never once gone into that "dogyears is back" thread when, years ago, I would have made a purchase to support that product.

Dude is a stupid businessman.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Grand opening.....

Grand closing. :itsawrap:

A...D....O....S. :cool:

So they really don't want that smoke....interesting.

6f3a8d75b52812041682a0a35855484940172477.jpg

the artist

Same shit, different day
BGOL Investor
Don't sue Donald Trump if you get coronavirus! Supporters wanting to go to his mask-free comeback MAGA rally in Tulsa have to sign disclaimer to get tickets
  • President Trump's supporters who want tickets for his Tulsa rally have to agree not to sue the president's campaign if they contract COVID-19
  • Legal language is included on the ticket sign-up page that says 'guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19'
  • The announcement of the June 19 Tulsa rally already created controversy on the heels of the death of George Floyd and the subsequent protests
  • June 19th is Juneteenth, which marks when the last slaves were informed of their freedom, while Tulsa saw some of the worst racial violence in U.S. history
  • Trump's campaign spokesman told DailyMail.com that 'there will be health precautions' taken at the rally, which could also attract protests
  • At a Thursday event in Dallas, Texas the audience that watched the president was not socially distant nor did many attendees wear masks

President Trump's supporters who want tickets for his Tulsa rally next Friday have to agree not to sue the president's campaign and other entities if they contract COVID-19.

'By clicking register below, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present,' the form said.

It goes on to say that by attending the June 19 rally 'you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President ... liable for any illness or injury.'

By obtaining tickets through the form, rally attendees are also not able to sue the Bank of Oklahoma Center, the venue for the rally, ASM Global, which is the venue's management company and 'any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers,' the disclaimer said.

29508552-8412555-image-a-50_1591915903758.jpg

29508518-8412555-image-a-51_1591916013022.jpg

In Texas Thursday, the president spoke before a packed audience in Dallas where few people wore masks to help prevent the spread of COVID-19

Modern day Jim Jones

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
Donald Trump's supporters WILL be given masks for his comeback rally in Tulsa as he claims he is being 'COVID shamed' by 'the left' for holding it
  • Those attending Donald Trump's first post-coronavirus rally on Saturday in Tulsa will have their temperature taken and receive masks and hand sanitizer
  • The move comes as the president has received backlash for scheduling one of his massive rallies as health officials warn of the risk it poses to attendees
  • Trump said the pressure to delay the rally is just the 'far left fake news media' and Democrats trying to 'COVID Shame' him off the campaign trail
  • Tulsa's top health official urged Trump to postpone his rally there
  • 'I'm concerned about our ability to protect anyone who attends a large, indoor event,' Tulsa's Health Department Director Dr. Bruce Dart said Saturday
  • Added: 'I'm also concerned about our ability to ensure the president stays safe'
  • Comments come as the amount of cases in Tulsa and all of Oklahoma have spiked in the last week as lockdowns end and restrictions lift
  • Trump is holding his first post-coronavirus rally in Tulsa on Saturday at an indoor sports and events arena that has more than 19,000 seats

29630328-8422085-image-a-21_1592230997832.jpg

29629168-8422085-image-a-20_1592228522175.jpg

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Bro, don't we usually celebrate this on the weekend anyway? He's still coming. I want to see us still protest this orange ape for this shit. He's still sending the dog whistle.

Hotlantan sends dog whistles to diss Black Americans on this board to all the time. Not a big deal. :dunno:

Cats bragged about Trump having his rally on the 19th, we made him move it and dudes still tryna make it seem like a win for him. ADOS the only ones not afraid of Trump I see.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Hotlantan sends dog whistles to diss Black Americans on this board to all the time. Not a big deal. :dunno:

Cats bragged about Trump having his rally on the 19th, we made him move it and dudes still tryna make it seem like a win for him. ADOS the only ones not afraid of Trump I see.
A lot of dumb black people still respect him. It's not him, but what white privilege gets you. trump just walks around and makes his own reality and people buy into it.
It is amazing when you watch it.

Like if the weakest dude in high school bragged on his dick, ended up with all the girls but never fucked any of them. Then the girls say he's the best lover without ever fucking him. It's bizarre

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
This will be a good test run to see if a large gatherings can happen again. I predict it will be a covid disaster in the making. FLA is already lying about the covid numbers as is. I am totally fine with the Magat crowd being the test dummies of this experiment. I hope they all go maskless like their leader and share hugs and bunch up together shoulder to shoulder.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
I didnt want to make a separate thread,
But

"TruMP PAckiNG aLl tHE CoURTs wITh FaR RIgHt JuDGEs" just gave/upheld fags rights on the Supreme Court today.

That talking point is DEAD now.

Shout out the the foreman of the "Phanlanx of Phaggotry " @Hotlantan
Aka Gaylantan for getting his rights today

:cheers:
You limp wristed bitch.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didnt want to make a separate thread,
But

"TruMP PAckiNG aLl tHE CoURTs wITh FaR RIgHt JuDGEs" just gave/upheld fags rights on the Supreme Court today.

That talking point is DEAD now.

Shout out the the foreman of the "Phanlanx of Phaggotry " @Hotlantan
Aka Gaylantan for getting his rights today

:cheers:
You limp wristed bitch.
I ain't got no dog in this fight...lol

But you might want to wait a little bit before you claim some type of victory based on one data point...

Hotlantan

BGOL Investor
I ain't got no dog in this fight...lol

But you might want to wait a little bit before you claim some type of victory based on one data point.

Unprovoked slurs against a random Internet stranger. The same slurs recycled ad nauseum.
No one cares, zero fucks are given. Especially none by Trump. Last year's has been old news.
I get that they need somebody to "focus" on. But THIS deflection irony - make it make sense.

5b441-1e5wpetrfkyzzxafuqm0d1q.png

Hotlantan

BGOL Investor
Tulsa imposes curfew ahead of Trump rally to prevent violent protesting

Tulsa has announced a curfew for Friday and Saturday nights, restricting people from a large area surrounding the arena where President Donald Trump will hold his first campaign rally in months.

An executive order signed by Mayor G.T. Bynum, D, says the curfew, which begins at 10 p.m. and lifts at 6 a.m. both nights, is intended to quell potential overnight violence as thousands intend to pour into the city to protest the president's visit.

It's unclear whether the Trump supporters who have camped out for days to secure a prime spot to see the president on Saturday will be cleared out as well.

The police informed Bynum that "individuals from organized groups who have been involved in destructive and violent behavior in other states are planning to travel to the City of Tulsa for purposes of causing unrest in and around the rally," the order reads.

People who refuse to leave the area risk arrest, the Tulsa Police Department warned on Twitter.

"This is an unprecedented event for the City of Tulsa and has hundreds of moving parts, we are asking for everyone's help in making this a safe event for all citizens," the department tweeted.

Trump's rally, his first since the coronavirus crisis shut down public gatherings, has angered some residents who worry the event could cause a large scale outbreak. They have sued the venue manager, demanding that the arena adhere to social distancing guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or be canceled.

The venue managers have asked the Trump campaign for a detailed plan of the safety measures it will take to prevent the spread of the highly-contagious virus. The campaign intends to supply rallygoers with masks and hand sanitizer, but will not be keeping attendees six feet apart.

The BOK Center in downtown Tulsa where the rally will be held holds 19,000 people. The Trump campaign says it has received 1 million requests for tickets.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Congress overwhelmingly votes to make Juneteenth a federal holiday

Congress voted 415-14 on Wednesday to establish Juneteenth, June 19, as a federal holiday. The day marks the emancipation of the last remaining slaves in Texas in 1865, and thus the end of slavery in the US. All fourteen “no” votes were cast by House Republicans. The bill will now be sent to the desk of President Joe Biden where he will sign it into law. It’s the first federal holiday to be established since Martin Luther King Day was signed into law in 1983.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
Congress overwhelmingly votes to make Juneteenth a federal holiday

Congress voted 415-14 on Wednesday to establish Juneteenth, June 19, as a federal holiday. The day marks the emancipation of the last remaining slaves in Texas in 1865, and thus the end of slavery in the US. All fourteen “no” votes were cast by House Republicans. The bill will now be sent to the desk of President Joe Biden where he will sign it into law. It’s the first federal holiday to be established since Martin Luther King Day was signed into law in 1983.

And, pray tell, what the fuck does this do to address the current and legacy effects of Slavery and Jim Crow (including but not limited to redlining, city planning, planned parenthood, the welfare system, imminent domain, legacy finance denial etcetera, etcetera, etcetera....)/Mass Incarceration of my people in these United States?

Fuck these token gestures. Actually, this is a holiday for white folks to celebrate their own generosity in freeing us from the bondage that they inflicted.

kcuf uoy spelled sdrawkcab

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
And, pray tell, what the fuck does this do to address the current and legacy effects of Slavery and Jim Crow (including but not limited to redlining, city planning, planned parenthood, the welfare system, imminent domain, legacy finance denial etcetera, etcetera, etcetera....)/Mass Incarceration of my people in these United States?

Fuck these token gestures. Actually, this is a holiday for white folks to celebrate their own generosity in freeing us from the bondage that they inflicted.

kcuf uoy spelled sdrawkcab
I hear you.
It doesn't solve those things. What holiday does solve societal issues though? It's not a holiday for white folks to celebrate their own generosity. It's something created in 1866 by Black people and for Black people. In addition to its original roots as a celebration of the end of slavery, it's grown to be a celebration of our culture, history and heritage.

It being made a national holiday is a good thing.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
I hear you.
It doesn't solve those things. What holiday does solve societal issues though? It's not a holiday for white folks to celebrate their own generosity. It's something created in 1866 by Black people and for Black people. In addition to its original roots as a celebration of the end of slavery, it's grown to be a celebration of our culture, history and heritage.

It being made a national holiday is a good thing.
Biden called it the single greatest and most important piece of legislation of his presidency, don't be obtuse. It is exactly what I said, in terms of the demarcation as a federal holiday, no if and or buts about it. My take is precisely what it means to the parties that are playing grab ass patting themselves on the back and making it into a political football.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Biden called it the single greatest and most important piece of legislation of his presidency, don't be obtuse. It is exactly what I said, in terms of the demarcation as a federal holiday, no if and or buts about it. My take is precisely what it means to the parties that are playing grab ass patting themselves on the back and making it into a political football.
And again I hear you.
Biden can call it what he wants. He speaks in grandiose terms. He's probably said similar things about other recent legislation regarding minority groups. He'll likely say it again about something else. That has zero impact on how WE define and have been defining Juneteenth. I'm not blind to its potential usage as a political tool either- especially on the part of the Republicans who supported it with very little opposition. In fact, I brought up that very issue in another thread. None of that should have any bearing upon how we move and what we demand. For something that celebrates our heritage being made a national holiday? Good. White folks have holidays for some of the most evil crackas in the history of this country as part of their revisionist history and white nationalism. If anything, making Juneteenth a national holiday adds legitimacy to the remembrance of and calls attention to the history of slavery- something white Republicans are chomping at the bit to bury away from textbooks and curriculum.

Of course, seeing as many of them still think Trump won, it's no surprise they'd be too dumb to consider how this move works against their campaign of educational ethnic cleansing.