Trump said, "It'll never happen," referring to a de Blasio presidency. "I'm pretty good at predictin

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
'Worst Mayor In History Of NYC': Donald Trump Spends Executive Time Trolling Bill De Blasio

On Thursday, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced his presidential campaign

BY JEN CHUNG IN NEWS ON MAY 17, 2019 9:54 AM

2019_05_dontrumpd.jpg

President Donald Trump on May 16, 2019 (Shutterstock)

On Thursday, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced his presidential campaign, promising to take on President Donald Trump head on. He called him a bully and also coined a nickname for him—"Con Don."

Predictably, Trump responded. First he tweeted in the morning, right after de Blasio's kickoff, "The Dems are getting another beauty to join their group. Bill de Blasio of NYC, considered the worst mayor in the U.S., will supposedly be making an announcement for president today. He is a JOKE, but if you like high taxes & crime, he’s your man. NYC HATES HIM!"

Trump later filmed a video (while flying from Washington D.C. to New York City for a fundraiser) and went full WWE:

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

.@BilldeBlasio is the worst Mayor in the history of New York City - he won’t last long!

6:11 PM - May 16, 2019

41.9K people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Trump said, "It'll never happen," referring to a de Blasio presidency. "I'm pretty good at predicting things."

"If you like high taxes, and if you like crime, you can vote for him. But most people aren’t into that," Trump said. (Overall crime has been dropping under de Blasio's term.) "So I wish him luck. But really it’d be better off if you got back to New York City and did your job for the little time that you have left. Good luck. Do well.”

Then de Blasio released a Twitter video response, again addressing the president as "Con Don" and remarking upon his "low energy."

"You were getting your facts wrong because crime has gone down in New York City five years in a row. And our economy is booming," de Blasio said, citing record number of jobs in the city. (For more on the mayor's record, please read "America's Guide To Bill de Blasio, NYC Mayor And Possible Presidential Candidate.")

Bill de Blasio

✔@BilldeBlasio

We're coming for you, #ConDon

7:53 PM - May 16, 2019

3,051 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

De Blasio appears to be enjoying even the negative reaction to his campaign. Speaking from Iowa on Friday's Morning Joe, the mayor pointed out, "When you look at who mocks, when you look at who attacks, it tells you so much.... Rupert Murdoch's NY Post has been attacking me,and Con Don himself, Donald Trump, not only Tweeted at me, he created his own video!"

"There is nothing about Donald Trump that surprises me there's nothing about him that intimidates me," de Blasio added. "I look forward to fighting him head on and you saw on that video I'm already under his skin."

Joe Scarborough also professed himself a fan of the nickname "Con Don."

De Blasio will be on The Brian Lehrer Show on WNYC at 10:25 a.m. on Friday. Anyway, Trump is probably enjoying the attention on de Blasio, especially after the Fox News poll that shows Joe Biden beating Trump by 11 points.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Bill Maher’s brutal message to Mayor de Blasio: Just quit race now
deblasio-maher.jpg

By Mary Kay Linge

June 29, 2019 | 4:45pm

Enlarge Image
deblasio-maher.jpg

Getty
Mayor de Blasio got a scathing rejection from liberal comedian Bill Maher.

Hizzoner needs to “get the f—k out” of the 2020 presidential race, Maher said on his HBO show Friday — breaking into song to shoo him out.

“And this guy,” Maher condescendingly said, hoisting a photo of de Blasio.

“Start spreading the news,” he crooned, “you’re leaving today” — an acerbic take on the Frank Sinatra classic, “New York, New York.”

The diss came in a segment of “Real Time with Bill Maher” that lamented the overcrowded 24-candidate Democratic Party field.

“Look, there’s too many people in this race, right?” Maher said. “I’m going to get rid of ten of them right now.”

He ordered Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, Sen. Michael Bennett of Colorado, former Rep. John Delaney, Rep. Tim Ryan of Ohio, Rep. Eric Swalwell of California, author Marianne Williamson, tech investor Andrew Yang and former Rep. Beto O’Rourke to join de Blasio on the chopping block.

And Maher added a special message to New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, who also made his list.

“Al Franken says hello,” Maher remarked, alluding to Gillibrand’s role in pushing the former Minnesota senator out of Congress over #MeToo allegations in 2017.