Trump Executive Order Could Make HBCUs Ineligible for Nearly All Federal Funding

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Last month, President Donald Trump issued an executive order prohibiting federal funds from being awarded to agencies or contractors promoting racial or sexual stereotyping. The objective is to reverse what the White House calls a growing culture of blaming white people for much of America's social tension and systemic racism in industry and governance.

The order outlines many items and guidelines for how it proposes to engage contractors and agencies on ending race blaming.

From Executive Order 13950:

Sec. 5. Requirements for Federal Grants. The heads of all agencies shall review their respective grant programs and identify programs for which the agency may, as a condition of receiving such a grant, require the recipient to certify that it will not use Federal funds to promote the concepts that
(a) one race or sex is inherently superior to another race or sex;
(b) an individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously;
(c) an individual should be discriminated against or receive adverse treatment solely or partly because of his or her race or sex;
(d) members of one race or sex cannot and should not attempt to treat others without respect to race or sex;
(e) an individual's moral character is necessarily determined by his or her race or sex;
(f) an individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, bears responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex;
(g) any individual should feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of his or her race or sex; or
(h) meritocracy or traits such as a hard work ethic are racist or sexist, or were created by a particular race to oppress another race.
Within 60 days of the date of this order, the heads of agencies shall each submit a report to the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) that lists all grant programs so identified.
The definition is dangerously broad and clears the way for the government to hold businesses back from federal funding if they venture too far into reverse sociopolitical engineering of systems and cultures built by historical racism.

It could also allow for a nearly instant and horrific reversal of programs created to support historically Black colleges and universities. Compare the definition in this order to the federal definition of an HBCU:

The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, defines an HBCU as: "…any historically black college or university that was established prior to 1964, whose principal mission was, and is, the education of black Americans, and that is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association determined by the Secretary [of Education] to be a reliable authority as to the quality of training offered or is, according to such an agency or association, making reasonable progress toward accreditation."
The disconnect between the two definitions allows for a straightforward interpretation of HBCUs, federally-designated colleges designed to reverse vestiges of slavery and Jim Crow policy, to now themselves be vestiges of discrimination against white students and professionals in higher education.

But let's assume that the Trump Administration says, "well, we weren't talking about HBCUs with this; we were trying to get rid of all of these diversity initiatives." Remember that in 2017 that Trump had to quickly walk back statements he made about the HBCU Capital Financing Program being "unconstitutional."

It seems that this was the foundation for the executive order signed just over three years later, which doesn't namecheck HBCUs but puts the funding programs, academic infrastructure, and culture in the crosshairs for political retribution.

Suppose Education Secretary Betsy DeVos decides or is forced to overhaul these programs based on the executive order's guidance. In that case, dozens of funding programs supporting education and workforce development programs targeting African Americans, Hispanics, Pacific Islanders, and other underrepresented racial groups are at risk.

Student federal aid for HBCU students, funding for Howard University, HBCU graduate program development, construction projects, high school-to-college bridge programming, science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) professional development, and agricultural extension would be in jeopardy; simply because HBCU faculty and students teach and learn curriculum on the ties between racism, capitalism, and governance.

If we think the threat isn't legitimate, consider that three predominantly white institutions have paused diversity programs on their campuses. If they are concerned that diversity programming could jeopardize their funding, what should historically Black and diverse institutions with matching culture and curricula have to fear?

The only thing more significant than a racism-pandering executive order with a direct impact on HBCUs is the lack of response from HBCU leaders about its threat level. We've not heard a word of analysis or protest from HBCU presidents or chancellors, and no formal comment from the HBCU advocacy organizations, the Thurgood Marshall College Fund or the United Negro College Fund.

Trump is doubling down on equaling the playing field for white supremacists, their empathizers, and those who make money off their value systems. His game now forces federal agency heads into the unenviable position of auditing organizations for how well they can avoid telling and addressing truths about the prevalence of racism in all areas of American life.

If the HBCU community missed the memo, it is time to get caught up and get loud on just how much damage could be done to HBCUs between now and January 20, 2021.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:roflmao3:
I bet 100% of the posters before me didn’t read the OP or attend a HBCU.

let’s say they did, HBCU alum are notorious for not donating back to their alma maters, but this isn’t Trump’s call.

now, if this was a real issue, the international banking cartels would step in and stop it. When is the last time you’ve heard Laura ‘Spelman College’ Rockefeller complain about funding? Never because they are backed by the international bankers just like Morehouse, Howard, Fisk etc.

the Democrips keep thinking we are falling for the tricks but we are not.

Reactions: $^B

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
But here is the problem I have. First, cats on here say that Trump did not write the HBCU bill and that he is just taking credit. Now, that there is a small unlikely possibility that HBCU'S will lose funding, now its all Trump's plan?

Cats swallow everything the media tells them to.

Cot damn the media spin is getting me dizzy.

Reactions: $^B

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But here is the problem I have. First, cats on here say that Trump did not write the HBCU bill and that he is just taking credit. Now, that there is a small unlikely possibility that HBCU'S will lose funding, now its all Trump's plan?

so after u read this piece ! thats all u got to say about it ? a way to make trump even less blameless ? ur shtick is getting tiring man!
its been clearly documented that trump didnt do jackshit for HBCU !! it was just a PR spectacle per usual for Trump media formality and when it was all said and done the calculation revealed that HBCUs actually end up with LESS MONEY !

now respond about his cuttin funding for teaching 1619 project and all the BS for teaching america's racist history ! or u wanna talk about how democrats are racist , same side again?

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member

Yeah this is a white boy

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Everyone, whether you are Republican or Democrat, I want you to pay attention to these next few posts. This will show you how disingenuous many of these agents are.

Disclaimer: my acknowledging of facts as well as criticism of a particular party does not in any way suggest support for the rival or alternative.

its been clearly documented that trump didnt do jackshit for HBCU !! it was just a PR spectacle per usual for Trump media formality and when it was all said and done the calculation revealed that HBCUs actually end up with LESS MONEY !
So you just acknowledged that Trump did not write the HBCU bill. In fact it was a sister who did.

So, you are admitting that it was a democratic sister who is responsible for, your quote, "HBCUs actually end up with LESS MONEY !"

Yet, Dumph will still get all the blame for the misstep because its easy to blame the idiot in charge.

Funny though, when we thought it was a good thing, we were adamant about not giving Trump any credit for what the sister presented.

Lastly, you are stating the HBCUs will receive less money as a fact. This is 100% misleading. These are speculations and hypotheticals that have not yet come to pass.

I am hopeful it doesnt because we need our HBCUs.
now respond about his cuttin funding for teaching 1619 project and all the BS for teaching america's racist history ! or u wanna talk about how democrats are racist , same side again?
How do i respond? By stating that not all black people support the 1619 project. The idea comes from a good place, but is a horrible and detrimental one. Having black kids root their entire existence around slavery is lunacy. We are much more than that. Should we integrate more black history and more history that accurately portrays US history. Absolutely! But, I will not have my children believing that, their existence is centered around slavery. Nope. We were much more before and much more afterwards.

Additionally, you are again misleading people by stating that the idiot in charge has cut, and I quote "funding for teaching 1619 project and all the BS for teaching america's racist history."

Dumph threatened to cut funding, but has not. Funding is still being used as of today. This can be verified. You can not find anywhere that the doofus in charge advocated for teaching racist history. You give him waaaaay too much credit.

Last edited:

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
so after u read this piece ! thats all u got to say about it ? a way to make trump even less blameless ? ur shtick is getting tiring man!

Don't waste your time with that dude. He has more than a few lightbulbs missing.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But how many of us aren’t gonna vote??? Nothing said or done at this point matters if we all know dozens who take voting for granted.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Don't waste your time with that dude. He has more than a few lightbulbs missing.
Yet all I do is state facts. It's crazy to think that by not following the majority, you are considered as having, " a few lightbulbs missing."

The reason why people like you have to make empty statements is because you can not call me a Trump supporter because I do not support that idiot. I am highly critical of both parties. I show no favoritism. I provide facts and supporting evidence.

I promise you, my goal is not to argue or cause confusion. I just can not stand to see my people walking and talking blindly.

I want you to vote. I'm voting today for Biden. But, I also want us to be empowered with knowledge and understanding. Our vote is our leverage.

Last edited:

saundman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I guess we now know where Trump will get the money for 500 million Platinum Plan.

Thanks ICE CUBE

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Racist history is all that's taught in schools now. That's not a trump thing it's an american racist thing

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
Yet all I do is state facts. It's crazy to think that by not following the majority, you are considered as having, " a few lightbulbs missing."

The reason why people like you have to make empty statements is because you can not call me a Trump supporter because I do not support that idiot. I am highly critical of both parties. I show no favoritism. I provide facts and supporting evidence.

I promise you, my goal is not to argue or cause confusion. I just can not stand to see me people walking and talking blindly.

I want you to vote. I'm voting today for Biden. But, I also want us to be empowered with knowledge and understanding. Our vote is our leverage.
I didn't say anything about you not following the majority nor your political affiliations. When someone gives you "the facts", you change the subject. And you do this because you don't have the basic mental ability to process information. So it's easier for you to change the subject. There are people in this forum who think you're trolling. You're not. You just have a very difficult time with reading comprehension.

KAPE KRUSADER

Rising Star
Registered
I didn't say anything about you not following the majority nor your political affiliations. When someone gives you "the facts", you change the subject. And you do this because you don't have the basic mental ability to process information. So it's easier for you to change the subject. There are people in this forum who think you're trolling. You're not. You just have a very difficult time with reading comprehension.
:frozen:

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
Everyone, whether you are Republican or Democrat, I want you to pay attention to these next few posts. This will show you how disingenuous many of these agents are.

Disclaimer: my acknowledging of facts as well as criticism of a particular party does not in any way suggest support for the rival or alternative.

So you just acknowledged that Trump did not write the HBCU bill. In fact it was a sister who did.

So, you are admitting that it was a democratic sister who is responsible for, your quote, "HBCUs actually end up with LESS MONEY !"

Yet, Dumph will still get all the blame for the misstep because its easy to blame the idiot in charge.

Funny though, when we thought it was a good thing, we were adamant about not giving Trump any credit for what the sister presented.

Lastly, you are stating the HBCUs will receive less money as a fact. This is 100% misleading. These are speculations and hypotheticals that have not yet come to pass.

I am hopeful it doesnt because we need our HBCUs.

How do i respond? By stating that not all black people support the 1619 project. The idea comes from a good place, but is a horrible and detrimental one. Having black kids root their entire existence around slavery is lunacy. We are much more than that. Should we integrate more black history and more history that accurately portrays US history. Absolutely! But, I will not have my children believing that, their existence is centered around slavery. Nope. We were much more before and much more afterwards.

Additionally, you are again misleading people by stating that the idiot in charge has cut, and I quote "funding for teaching 1619 project and all the BS for teaching america's racist history."

Dumph threatened to cut funding, but has not. Funding is still being used as of today. This can be verified. You can not find anywhere that the doofus in charge advocated for teaching racist history. You give him waaaaay too much credit.
This muhfuhkah here got too much time to argue his dumb shit. If the mods won’t ban him, I’ll just block his sorry self

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:roflmao3:
I bet 100% of the posters before me didn’t read the OP or attend a HBCU.

let’s say they did, HBCU alum are notorious for not donating back to their alma maters, but this isn’t Trump’s call.

now, if this was a real issue, the international banking cartels would step in and stop it. When is the last time you’ve heard Laura ‘Spelman College’ Rockefeller complain about funding? Never because they are backed by the international bankers just like Morehouse, Howard, Fisk etc.

the Democrips keep thinking we are falling for the tricks but we are not.

you are full of shit. the support you refer to is supplemental at best...

The totals don't even add up to the endowments of the top PWIs

Top 15 HBCU endowments

Not to mention the racist reasons for black HBCU existence

BKF

Rising Star
Registered

You do a lot of "y'all said" talking/typing.
Point those folks who said such things out, instead of trying to attribute such comments to anybody who disagree, dislikes, etc....Trump.

Last edited:

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Tito is not a Trump supporter, he only makes negative posts about Biden regularly and never has anything to say about Trump.
Don't call a coon, a coon either, or he gets upset. Yet he has nothing to say when Trump, or his administration says black folk are lazy, and shiftless. The white man is tired of carrying you people. No..all he has to say is don't call a coon, a coon, and that both parties are the same.

Last edited:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Don't call a coon a coon either or he gets upset. Yet he has nothing to say when Trump or his administration says black folk are lazy and shiftless. The white man is tired of carrying you people. No..all he has to say is don't call a coon a coon and that both parties are the same.

That is their strategy though. They are not trying to get you to vote for Trump because they know you wont. They are trying to get you to not vote for Biden, or not vote at all.

This is the same strategy the Russians used in 2016 against Hillary.