Trump campaign calls for $100K in donations by the end of the day

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...paign-wants-100000-in-donations-by-end-of-day

trump5-27-16getty.jpg

Getty Images

The Donald Trump campaign sent its first "emergency" fundraising email to supporters Saturday, seeking to raise at least $100,000 by the end of the day.

That request follows a multimillion-dollar ad blitz launched by likely general election rival Hillary Clinton this week.

"Right now we're facing an emergency goal of $100,000 to help get our ads on the air," the email said. "We need your contribution by 11:59 P.M. Tonight."

"Crooked Hillary is about to invade your TV with ads attacking Mr. Trump. But we're preparing to fight back," it reads, adding the campaign plans to attack Clinton over her role in Benghazi and the FBI probe into her use of a private email server while secretary of State.

Clinton, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, this week launched a multimillion-dollar ad blitz in eight swing states, her first geared toward the general election.

Meanwhile, Republican leaders have worried about Trump's fundraising operation as he mounts a general election campaign against Clinton's well-oiled machine.

Several prominent GOP donors have said they would keep their wallets shut this cycle and not support the unconventional candidate.

But Trump, the presumptive GOP nominee, has recently said there's "no reason" for his campaign to raise his previously pledged $1 billion for the general election.

“There’s no reason to raise that,” he said earlier this month. "I just don't think I need nearly as much money as other people need because I get so much publicity."

During the Republican primary, Trump often bragged about his largely "self-funded" campaign, but he's shown increasing willingness to court donors as next month's Republican National Convention in Cleveland draws closer.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Dang C. LOL, we helped him ???: "Trump reportedly raised at least $11 million since Tuesday."

I think fundraising can go either way for him. On the one hand, he hasn't exhausted his base asking for donations over the past year, and some are eager to give. On the other hand, major donors see how toxic he is and they don't believe he can win, many don't WANT him to win, so he won't be getting the big dollars a strong or moderate candidate would. Hillary and pro Hillary pacs have a head start in defining him with ads since he has such low ad buys and poor organization. He still doesn't have the ground game and I read he only had 30 staffers. I still don't trust it though, republicans cheat.