Trump attacks Rep. Cummings’s district, calling it a ‘disgusting ......

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I didn't wade through this entire trainwreck of a conversation, but I'll just say this: I'll give Trump credit for being "so damn right" about the state of Baltimore when he finally chimes up about the shitshow status of other places that are occupied (and represented by) much paler people.

Yes, I'm sure Baltimore has some issues. I'd even wager that Cummings could probably do more about those issues in some way. But damn, if some of you aren't so quick to call a broken clock right that you're missing the forest for the trees.

This is exactly why when/if Trump ever does get caught using the N-word - and it shouldn't matter, because he's effectively said as much or worse already - but if it does happen, nobody's going to blink. Because his base will be too busy agreeing with him, the hard line Dems will be too busy clutching their damn pearls, and half of the people he just called sub-human will be too busy saying, "Well, he has a point..."

Seriously tho, for the past 10 years the GOP has either been entirely in control or blocking what the other chamber passed. We have the video of him posted to defame him (he said it was drug infested but different contex) advocating for Baltimore, so obviously he has done so in the past and may have done so many times we are unaware of, but other than getting funds tagged on to a bill or advocating for something that helps everyone like the ACA and fighting Trumps agenda, what is he expected to get passed? I guess he could haul folks in from Baltimore and have a hearing, but I don't know what powers he holds as far of oversight of his district. Is that something he can even do? I've never heard of a Congress critter doing so. I think the local things people are complaining about is handled and overseen via different local levels.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered

This place is changing before our eyes. We have "members" posting pro-Trump videos and media now?
Yikes!

I specifically avoid quoting this loser but I appreciated that post.

I haven't been in this thread since Tuesday or Wednesday, but I have seen people since then emphasizing that the use of the word infested was obvious end-of-story proof of racism.

I'm not comparing the usage and of course Trump is doing this because of racism, but it's helpful to have additional context like this to avoid sounding like a dumbass.

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Your "hitching your wagon" to the idea that I'm a Trump voter. I'm not. Objectivity to you means outright dismissing him. I'm not gonna do that.

I have friends in Baltimore who have complained for years of the problems in the city. But they are good peoples - they are educated and don't have to stay. They choose to. I'd like for their sake that the politicians got it together and got to work. If it takes Trump bringing a spotlight to make that happen, regardless of his motives I'm for it.

You know what I think? You care more about Trump and his choice of words than you care about black people in Baltimore.

Don't worry, Trump will say something next week that will get your panties in a bunch and you and the rest of the never Trump gang can move on from this while nothing changes in Baltimore.

This one of the most boring exchanges I've ever had here. This isn't that complex... see the post below:

I'm from Baltimore (moved out not too long after I came of age, but my parents still live there...still in the Village) and it's really a mess. Detroit light IMHO. 2 of the last 3 mayors have left in disgrace. It's been pretty disappointing considering all of our leadership are black.

Goes without saying tho that Trump is obviously a POS for the way he called out Cummings.

See how easy this is? Baltimore has legit issues. Trump gets NO credit for pointing out the obvious while continuing in his pattern of reserving hateful, reductionist language for POC and simultaneously virtue signaling concern about Bmore to distract from his latest conflict with House Oversight.

To suggest we "should agree on the merit" is hopelessly naive and disingenuous. Fuck Trump my guy. Take that cape to the cleaners, shit is musty as hell and you've had it on for mad threads.

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
After Trump’s tweets, conservative activist leads neighborhood cleanup in West Baltimore

"Many a morning, 58-year-old Millie Jefferson finds herself outside her home in West Baltimore, sweeping her front steps and picking up trash on her block. Monday, she had some unexpected visitors.

Dozens of volunteers gathered near her home on North Fulton Avenue and started bagging garbage and weeding, too. They were inspired by Scott Presler, a Republican activist from northern Virginia who started a social media campaign to help clean up Baltimore’s 7th congressional district in the wake of President Donald Trump’s tweets about it last month.

“We can’t do it alone,” Jefferson said. “It makes me feel good to see that there are still some good people and good communities that want to see better.”"

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y’all suppose to hire the Mesicans to pick weeds and cut grass

And I have to put caMEAL back on ignore.

U banned heist but won’t ban these obvious trolls and other fuckery.