Trump’s Insults of Black Americans

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
April Ryan on being told to "sit down" by Pres. Trump at press conference: "It was a real question about a real issue that Americans just were dealing with the day before." https://abcn.ws/2Qsugm5

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
41941939_2641452702563717_586480769271070720_o.jpg

#Disgusting#bully behavior from y’alls President.. #TeamDL#embarrassing#rude#maga#trump#FuckTrump

Janice Marie Lacewell You notice he always refer to female or reporters of color as stupid. This is not my president. He us really scared and therefore getting meaner.

2hManage

Vee Cee
Janice Marie Lacewell glad I’m not the only one that noticed that! U know what Sis he just feels inferior to women period!

Alisha Lewis Manuel This is what happens when you have a limited vocabulary and can’t think past a 2nd grade level

DeAlmond Joy Davis Alisha Lewis Manuel out of all comments on here I loved this what you said I dropped my phone laughing at what you said.

2hManage
View more replies

Demetrick McDuffie
The question wasn't stupid. It is the person who didn't want to answer the question that is really stupid.

3hManage
13 Replies · 10 mins

Ra Da Srewolf
I would've said "your momma ask stupid questions & she shoul

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
President Trump took an unprompted jab at CNN political analyst April Ryan.

LeShelle SmithYou know what would be dope? If he took his own advice.

Lola FlournoyYes, the Office of the Presidency is an office of respect and dignity. So why are you there? You have treated so many professionals with disgrace and disrespect. So when these Reporters try to help you explain your nasty behaviour by asking you, WHY? You misuse the office of the Presidency to take Revenge. Rather than an honest answer. Leave the Office. You do not represent the dignity of it!!!!.

Tawana NicoleHe is so intimidated by strong and educated African-American woman ...it’s ok cause he has met his match# auntie Maxine is bringing Christmas early and I have my popcorn ready for her torment of the fragile ego manchild

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Donald Trump was unhinged at the press conference after the midterm elections.

Hosted by Phillip Scott

"Last year in January, was I a loser when he asked me to get together the Congressional Black Caucus for a meeting? He thought I had enough gravitas then and enough seriousness for me to do that." - Reporter April D Ryan responds to @pPresident Donald J. Trump's comment in which he called her a "loser." https://cnn.it/2SYybc9

Last edited:

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Trump's insults of black Americans — disgusting and dangerous

It's not your imagination: President Trump, who regularly makes a point of personally insulting public figures who challenge or displease him in any way, taps into an especially toxic well of vitriol when aiming his attacks at black Americans.

Errol Louis,
CNN Political Commentator
November 10, 2018

This week alone, Trump berated CNN correspondent Abby Phillip ("What a stupid question. But I watch you a lot. You ask a lot of stupid questions.") He said of April Ryan, a reporter and CNN contributor who has covered the White House for 21 years: "You talk about somebody that's a loser. She doesn't know what the hell she's doing."

And at a post-election press conference, when Yamiche Alcindor of "PBS NewsHour" began to ask about accusations that his rhetoric may have emboldened violent white nationalist groups, Trump interrupted with, "I don't know why you say that. That is such a racist question."

The three women — all of them gifted, accomplished professionals — will be covering politics long after Trump has left the White House. They join a long list of athletes, entertainers, journalists and politicians who Trump routinely attacks as "dumb," "not qualified" or some such insult.

None of this is subtle or secret; that would defeat the purpose. For Trump, loudly and publicly denigrating black figures is the whole point.

He is a classic example of a backlash politician: a leader who exploits real or perceived white anxieties by exhibiting a flamboyant hostility to the political and economic demands of black Americans. We've had a string of such politicians since the civil rights movement, and that is neither surprising nor coincidental: Like many social revolutions, America's expansion of civil rights in the 1960s and '70s gave rise to a potent counterrevolution.

We saw it in Ronald Reagan's decision to launch his 1980 campaign for president at the Neshoba County Fair in Philadelphia, Mississippi, where an infamous triple murder of civil rights organizers had occurred in 1964. Reagan didn't mention the martyred civil rights workers Andrew Goodman, Michael Schwerner or James Chaney in his speech, which was all about state's rights.

As columnist Bob Herbert later noted: "Everybody watching the 1980 campaign knew what Reagan was signaling at the fair. Whites and blacks, Democrats and Republicans — they all knew. The news media knew. The race haters and the people appalled by racial hatred knew. And Reagan knew. He was tapping out the code."

Candidate Reagan, who had opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, went on to become President Reagan, who tried to weaken the Voting Rights Act and fought against making the birthday of Martin Luther King Jr. a federal holiday.

Trump knows the code. The prelude to his presidential run was his gleeful hyping of birtherism, a multiyear campaign of conspiracy theories and obvious lies that served no purpose beyond calling into question the legitimacy of Barack Obama's presidency.

Trump has never renounced, or even acknowledged, the obvious racism of his birther falsehoods, and he never will. Birtherism — like talking about state's rights in Mississippi — was a quick, convenient way to attract people ready to push back against black advancement.

"There was a shocking amount of resentment that a black family had been in the White House for two terms. I think it would be naive to overlook it — the irony that one of the legacies of Obama's presidency was an enormous amount of resentment," Harvard historian Henry Louis Gates said after the 2016 election. "I don't think a Donald Trump could have emerged without a black president. Donald Trump tapped into and fueled and stoked an enormous amount of racial resentment. And Obama symbolized it."

With Obama no longer in the public spotlight, Trump has to play backlash politics with whatever black targets of opportunity happen to be around. That is why he never misses a chance to attack Rep. Maxine Waters, Don Lemon of CNN or the black reporters in the White House press corps.

It's a disgusting and dangerous business: April Ryan has been subjected to death threats in the wake of Trump's verbal attacks. One can only hope the fever breaks soon, with the public signaling to political leaders that dividing and denigrating people is no way to lead a great nation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...s-insults-of-black-americans-louis/index.html

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Politics

Trump’s insults toward black reporters, candidates echo ‘historic playbooks’ used against African Americans, critics say
By David Nakamura

November 9, 2018 at 7:12 PM

imrs.php

President Trump on Nov. 9 dismissed a “stupid” question about the Russia probe from CNN’s Abby Phillip. (The Washington Post)

PARIS —President Trump’s verbal assaults against black reporters, candidates and lawmakers have renewed criticism that the president employs insults rooted in racist tropes aimed at making his African American targets appear unintelligent, untrustworthy and unqualified.

Over the past several days, including before he left Washington for an Armistice Day ceremony here this weekend, Trump has launched personal attacks against a trio of black female journalists:

- He accused one of asking “a lot of stupid questions.”

- He demanded another “sit down” at a news conference and followed up later by calling her a “loser.”

- He lambasted a third for asking, in his view, a “racist question.”​

Moreover:

- Trump recently called Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum (D), a gubernatorial candidate in Florida, a “thief,” . . .

- declared that Stacey Abrams, the former minority leader of the state House in Georgia and the Democratic candidate for governor there, was “not qualified” for the job.

- A feature of his campaign rallies ahead of Tuesday’s elections was mocking Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), a black lawmaker who has been highly critical of him, and calling her a “low-IQ person.”​

Trump’s supporters say he fights all opponents with equal gusto, and he has gone after other reporters in an escalation of his war against the media since emerging from the bruising midterm elections — most notably stripping the White House pass of CNN’s Jim Acosta.

But the president’s rhetoric toward prominent African Americans is being singled out as far more offensive.

FULL STORY: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...653438-e440-11e8-b759-3d88a5ce9e19_story.html