TRON 3 is officially in Development.... Fucking Finally

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
‘Tron: Ares’ Is Back in Production With New Behind-the Scenes Image

Director Joachim Rønning shared a photo of the cast at a table-read, generating excitement among production staff and fans.

BY CHRIS MCPHERSON
DEC 6, 2023

Screenshot-2023-12-08-092413-900x600.png

That is a solid cast so far

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I think Bruce would 100% be down... He has been in basically everything Tron Related since day one.

Dude voiced the animated series... the video games... and a Tron Short film.. that appeared on the Bluray that i can't find for shit
This is the best version that I've found

He also did this shit....

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I hope the plot is engaging. Lots of "in the machine" movies have been done. Where does the next tron movie fit on the spectrum of wreck it ralph to the matrix films?
Also this movie is so many years apart from the last movie I'm disinterested. What's the point. Feels likena money grab. Late sequel movies usually aren't good. I learned my lesson from that last matrix movie and Coming 2 america.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I saw the first one in the theater at like 12 years old....it was kinda convoluted to me but the speeder bike scene was cool AF... then I saw the sequel...same reaction...convoluted storyline but the speeder bike scene was cool...

so number 3?? just waiting to see what THAT speeder bike scene looks like :dunno: but I'm pretty meh with the story.

Can we all just admit thats what we're really excited about..the next speeder bike scene.... in fact thats what the movie should be about...just make it THAT...trust me NO ONE is going to complain there isnt enough character development in the flick if you make the bike scenes cool enough...ask the Fast and Furious people.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Gillian Anderson Joins ‘Tron: Ares’

Zac Ntim
January 22, 2024

-vU6ZHMf

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I arguably find the world of Tron more interesting than the actual movies have been (although I did enjoy both movies.

I hope they'll give another series a shot down the road, because Tron: Uprising was probably the thing I enjoyed the most , and it ended way too soon.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
Also this movie is so many years apart from the last movie I'm disinterested. What's the point. Feels likena money grab. Late sequel movies usually aren't good. I learned my lesson from that last matrix movie and Coming 2 america.
FACTS!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Jared Leto suits up in first look at Tron: Ares

The actor is headlining Disney's sci-fi threequel, which also stars Greta Lee, Evan Peters, and Gillian Anderson.
By
Devan Coggan

Jared Leto is ready to tap into the Grid.

The actor has unveiled a first look at his upcoming Tron movie, the third film in Disney's iconic sci-fi franchise. Officially titled Tron: Ares, the film features Leto as a "highly sophisticated" artificial intelligence program that journeys from the digital world into the real world.

Leto shared the photo on social media, adding, "See you on the grid…"

Jared Leto suits up in the first look at 'Tron: Ares'

Jared Leto suits up in the first look at 'Tron: Ares'.
LEAH GALLO/DISNEY
Tron: Ares has been in the works for a while now: Plans for a third Tron movie were announced shortly after Tron: Legacy hit theaters in 2010, only to stall out in 2015. (The original Tron, starring Jeff Bridges, debuted in 1982.) Five years later, Leto signed on to star in a third movie, with Lion's Garth Davis attached to direct a new story focusing on Leto's new character. But Davis later dropped out and was replaced by Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales helmer Joachim Rønning.

Now Tron: Ares is finally a go, with production beginning last month in Vancouver. In addition to Leto, the cast includes Greta Lee, Evan Peters, Hasan Minhaj, Jodie Turner-Smith, Arturo Castro, Cameron Monaghan, and Gillian Anderson.

"I'm excited to be part of the Tron franchise and bring this new film to fans around the world," Rønning said in a press release. "Tron: Ares builds upon the legacy of cutting-edge design, technology and storytelling. Now more than ever, it feels like the right time to return to the Grid."

Tron: Ares is set to hit theaters in 2025.