Top US commander: Burning Quran endangers troops

JD Walker

Star
Registered
Chicken and the egg and the chicken: While I personally think the quaran burning by xtian dumbfucks is dumb, we as Americans have the right to do so. But should we be punked by savage muslims who will threaten with jihad if you dare criticize one word from the quaran? They burn the U.S. flag on the regular and we don't lay a finger on them.

Top US commander: Burning Quran endangers troops
By KIMBERLY DOZIER, Associated Press Writer
Tuesday, September 7, 2010

b8e85758-ba97-4a83-b6d1-5f0af56c1643_part6.jpg

(09-07) 08:32 PDT KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) --

The top U.S. and NATO commander in Afghanistan warned Tuesday an American church's threat to burn copies of the Muslim holy book could endanger U.S. troops in the country and Americans worldwide.

Meanwhile, NATO reported the death of an American service member in an insurgent attack in southern Afghanistan on Tuesday.

The comments from Gen. David Petraeus followed a protest Monday by hundreds of Afghans over the plans by Gainesville, Florida-based Dove World Outreach Center — a small, evangelical Christian church that espouses anti-Islam philosophy — to burn copies of the Quran on church grounds to mark the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the United States that provoked the Afghan war.

"Images of the burning of a Quran would undoubtedly be used by extremists in Afghanistan — and around the world — to inflame public opinion and incite violence," Petraeus said in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen echoed those sentiments Tuesday, saying any burning "would be in a strong contradiction with the all the values we stand for and fight for."

Muslims consider the Quran to be the word of God and insist it be treated with the utmost respect, along with any printed material containing its verses or the name of Allah or the Prophet Muhammad. Any intentional damage or show of disrespect to the Quran is deeply offensive.

In 2005, 15 people died and scores were wounded in riots in Afghanistan sparked by a story in Newsweek magazine alleging interrogators at the U.S. detention center in Guantanamo Bay placed copies of the Quran in washrooms and flushed one down the toilet to get inmates to talk. Newsweek later retracted the story.

Responding to Petraeus' comments, Dove World Outreach Center's senior pastor Terry Jones acknowledged Petraeus' concerns as legitimate but said the church still planned to go ahead with the burning.

"We are at this time not going to cancel it. We're still considering it and praying about it," Jones told The Associated Press. "We are also just also concerned and wondering, when do we stop? How much do we back down? ... Instead of us backing down, maybe it's to time to stand up."

The church, which made headlines last year after distributing T-shirts that said "Islam is of the Devil," has been denied a permit to set a bonfire but has vowed to proceed with the burning. The congregation's website estimates it has about 50 members, but the church has leveraged the Internet with a Facebook page and blog devoted to its Quran-burning plans.

The American's death brings to at least six the number of U.S. forces killed in Afghanistan this month, along with at least four other non-American members of the international coalition.

Engagements with insurgents are rising along with the addition of another 30,000 U.S. troops, bringing the total number of international forces in the country to more than 140,000.

At least 322 U.S. troops have died in Afghanistan so far this year, exceeding the previous annual record of 304 for all of 2009, according to an AP count.

Petraeus is asking for 2,000 more trainers and field troops for the international force, NATO officials said Monday. It was unclear how many would be Americans.

Also Tuesday, authorities confirmed the ambush killing of a district chief by suspected insurgents in the northern province of Baghlan on Monday afternoon. Nahrin district chief Rahmad Sror Joshan Pool was on his way home after a memorial service for slain anti-Soviet guerrilla leader Ahmad Shah Massoud when rocket-propelled grenades hit his vehicle, setting it on fire, said provincial spokesman Mahmood Haqmal.

Pool's bodyguard was also killed in the attack, and one militant died and two were wounded in the ensuing fire fight with police, Haqmal said.

Five children were killed and five wounded in Yaya Khil district in the southern province of Paktika when an insurgent rocket fired at an Afghan army base hit a home Monday evening, provincial government spokesman Mokhlais Afghan said.

Kidnappers also seized two electoral workers and their two drivers in the western province of Ghor, according to deputy provincial police chief Ahmad Khan Bashir.

Insurgents have waged a campaign of violence and intimidation to prevent Afghans from voting, especially in rural areas, while some pre-election violence has also been blamed on rivalries among the candidates.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic...ernational/i001932D36.DTL&tsp=1#ixzz0yruDX2gJ

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
As much as I despise xtians these Muhammadans need to go fuck themselves. We give xtians and their jesus and bible shit all the time. Drawing a picture of that faggot Muhammad will get you death threats. Burning their bullshit myth book endangers the troops. :smh: :smh: :smh:

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
Fuck It, I say we all burn a copy of FLASH. Your punk ass shouldn't post shit if it ain't FLASH. Clown.

JD Walker

Star
Registered
Fuck It, I say we all burn a copy of FLASH. Your punk ass shouldn't post shit if it ain't FLASH. Clown.

I say we should dump you and your family in Afghanistan wearing T-Shirts of Calvin taking a piss on Prophet Muhammad.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
We should burn the korans even if it sets a bad example. Those cowards refuse to fight against their own dictators yet they worry about what happens in our carefree country.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So this is what it's like to see the trees, and not the forest. :smh:

As they burn our flag and our effigies, we as americans are supposed to be tolerant. If we display the some level of ignorance they get a little moist.

Maybe democracy and their self of entitlement is slowly working over there. Dubya wins again.

Deltronz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As they burn our flag and our effigies, we as americans are supposed to be tolerant. If we display the some level of ignorance they get a little moist.

Maybe democracy and their self of entitlement is slowly working over there. Dubya wins again.

Ignorance only bring about more ignorance. 8 years of ignorance (thanks Bush) should be more than enough reason for anyone with intelligence to :smh: at the thought of doing something "smart" like...burning Korans would bring about ANYTHING positive.

No one condones burning the flag or bibles in this forum (I assume), but that doesn't make burning Korans somehow a good thing. In fact, it'll likely make the situation worse. And the worst part about it is, it's such an avoidable action, so why do it?

clitsational

Rising Star
Platinum Member
the Qu'ran is a holy book
(how would u feel if someone burned your bible)

the flag is just a piece of cloth

not the same thing
:smh:

and by the way The United States of America
does not have an official religion

in fact freedom from stupidity of your kind
is supposedly guaranteed on this piece of paper

o107j7.jpg

:cool:

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Are they burning our flags and effigies overseas because they "hate us for our freedoms"? Or is it a little more complex than that?

IMO it's silly and damn near impossible to contextualize all this anger without at least understanding how post-colonial realities and our own muscle-bound, interventionist foreign policy plays into all this. 50+ years of playing chess with entire middle eastern nations as pawns is bound to make people angry and disaffected. Not that this excuses terrorist actions but it's dumb as hell to ignore it.

Anyways this "Burn the Quran Day" is retarded and Americans who support it are fucking ignorant and likely dumber than a bag of hammers.

Deltronz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For all those infavor of this hillbilly celebration, can you make an intelligent argument of what good could come from this? Enough with the dodging and the, "but but but, they burned our flag!!" replies. Explain what good could come from this.

JD Walker

Star
Registered
For all those infavor of this hillbilly celebration, can you make an intelligent argument of what good could come from this? Enough with the dodging and the, "but but but, they burned our flag!!" replies. Explain what good could come from this.

I'm not neccassarily in favor of this but someone needs to send the message to those insane savages (muslims) that the rest of the world won't stand by and get threatened and punked because someone criticizes their imaginary sky fairy.

SKATTA

International
International Member

I guess those hillbillies dont realize that their troops are occupying foreign soil.
unwanted by some of its citizens and wanted by some.

sharkbait28

International Member
I'm not neccassarily in favor of this but someone needs to send the message to those insane savages (muslims) that the rest of the world won't stand by and get threatened and punked because someone criticizes their imaginary sky fairy.

The only message we're sending is that the American political discourse is often dominated by assholes and retards. Period.

We've sent more than a few gentle "fuck yous" to the Muslims in the Middle East over the last half century+... refraining from pissing on their holy book doesn't mean we're doing anyone any favors. That's mad illogical.

It needlessly inflames the simple minded who will be whipped up into an anti-Muslim frenzy... and it ostracizes the many peaceful Muslims worldwide (ie confirms their worst suspicions about us.... most of which I'd say are probably true anyways). Ultimately this is also a giant fuck you to the Muslims who live without incident in this country who are every bit as American as you or I.

There's no defending this bullshit. It's irrational and fucked up.

JD Walker

Star
Registered
The only message we're sending is that the American political discourse is often dominated by assholes and retards. Period.

We've sent more than a few gentle "fuck yous" to the Muslims in the Middle East over the last half century+... refraining from pissing on their holy book doesn't mean we're doing anyone any favors. That's mad illogical.

It needlessly inflames the simple minded who will be whipped up into an anti-Muslim frenzy... and it ostracizes the many peaceful Muslims worldwide (ie confirms their worst suspicions about us.... most of which I'd say are probably true anyways). Ultimately this is also a giant fuck you to the Muslims who live without incident in this country who are every bit as American as you or I.

There's no defending this bullshit. It's irrational and fucked up.

Hey, just like stupid xtians, muslims bring heavy criticism upon themselves.

Sure there are muslims who live life WITHOUT INCIDENT (what you call "peaceful") but save the bullshit about Islam being a "peaceful religion" because it's anything but, and it's just as ludicrous as saying xtianity is a "peaceful religion".

sharkbait28

International Member
Hey, just like stupid xtians, muslims bring heavy criticism upon themselves.

Sure there are muslims who live life WITHOUT INCIDENT (what you call "peaceful") but save the bullshit about Islam being a "peaceful religion" because it's anything but, and it's just as ludicrous as saying xtianity is a "peaceful religion".

I didn't say anything about Islam being a peaceful religion. Read my post again.

The US isn't "peaceful" either and it's only propaganda and poor historical knowledge of the average citizenry that allows policy makers to perpetuate that absurd narrative. We're not victims here. We're on top. And we got there by stepping on the throats of the very Muslims these dumb Christian hicks aim to antagonize (overseas muslims).... so the notion that we're gonna burn their holy book to "show 'em" is fuckin retarded.

JD Walker

Star
Registered
I didn't say anything about Islam being a peaceful religion. Read my post again.

The US isn't "peaceful" either and it's only propaganda and poor historical knowledge of the average citizenry that allows policy makers to perpetuate that absurd narrative. We're not victims here. We're on top. And we got there by stepping on the throats of the very Muslims these dumb Christian hicks aim to antagonize (overseas muslims).... so the notion that we're gonna burn their holy book to "show 'em" is fuckin retarded.

I didn't say the U.S. were victims, read my post about muslims trying to hold they ENTIRE WORLD at gun point if we dare criticize their organized insanity. A massive mentally unstable group like muslims forfeited their global credibility and rights long time ago.

samh32

Rising Star
OG Investor

WOW that analogy is kinda like how blacks get when whites use the N-word.I mean black were getting real "moist" a few weeks ago.:rolleyes:

dr-laura.jpg

sharkbait28

International Member
I didn't say the U.S. were victims, read my post about muslims trying to hold they ENTIRE WORLD at gun point if we dare criticize their organized insanity. A massive mentally unstable group like muslims forfeited their global credibility and rights long time ago.

JD... I'm trying to understand your pov but I don't get it. Sounds like hate to me... pure and simple. Muslims are a group bound by religion.... they're human. A lot of the anger we've seen is political and I don't think the anger overseas about cartoons and holy books is reflective of some religious imperative mainly. I think that's too simple.

I'm sure the anger has more to do with humiliation and pride. And I'm also sure that we're not any better. And the Muslims who live here who are 100% American deserve better. So do the ones overseas really.

I'm not riding with these dumb CAC fucks. Fuck them.

JD Walker

Star
Registered
JD... I'm trying to understand your pov but I don't get it.

Dude, have you ever heard of Salman Rushdie?

Let me make explain this as simple as possible:
If you criticize islam, muslims will threaten to kill you.

This is what they do.

There was this one kat on the board who posted a story about some of these savages attempting to honor kill him cuz he banged out one of their broads.

There was this one brainwashed muslim nigga on the board who threatened to merc me cuz I shitted on islam (for very good reasons).

This isn't hate. A group of people who threatens violence anytime someone criticizes their beliefs.

Deltronz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Again, what GOOD can come out of this?

JD Walker

Star
Registered
Again, what GOOD can come out of this?

Muslims need to understand that they are not above criticsm and learn how to conduct themselves like sane and civilized human beings when someone has something to say about islam, but if they were sane and civil they probably wouldn't be muslims.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
When these muhfuckas start retaliating, I don't wanna hear shit from you "America! Fuck, yeah!" types. You cats are always talking about cac this and cac that, and giving Xtians all kinds of shit, and now y'all are co signing this shit?! I guess this is the common bond that binds you, huh? This is just as stupid as them burning flags. Here's what I don't get; the Dixie Chicks criticizing Bush overseas is treason. Geraldo reporting where he was embedded is treason. This guy has been told that he'll be putting our troops in harm's way, and he said "Fuck it, I'm still doing it!", but it's free speech? :hmm: I guess anything is doable if it's done for Christ or against Muslims.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Smh @ retaliate. I thought they started this. Burning american flags while condeming our upcoming burning of their koran.

Some of you folks are too soft.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Muslims need to understand that they are not above criticsm and learn how to conduct themselves like sane and civilized human beings when someone has something to say about islam, but if they were sane and civil they probably wouldn't be muslims.

and burning the Qu'ran accomplishes this how?

If you think someone needs to change, how does spitting in their face help the situation?

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I truly hope the americans burn some qurans....Nothing brings things into focus like some IEDs on prviledged american ass.
14av8yw.jpg

CAPTAIN

Support BGOL
Registered
Ignorance only bring about more ignorance. 8 years of ignorance (thanks Bush) should be more than enough reason for anyone with intelligence to :smh: at the thought of doing something "smart" like...burning Korans would bring about ANYTHING positive.

No one condones burning the flag or bibles in this forum (I assume), but that doesn't make burning Korans somehow a good thing. In fact, it'll likely make the situation worse. And the worst part about it is, it's such an avoidable action, so why do it?

:yes:Because the CONTROLLERS of these silly religions use the Xtian and M-lians to instigate war so they can make money. If that black guy is talking about pulling troops out of the Middle East then the sales of military re-supply will drop greatly.:yes:

So they find some idiot middle man (xtian minister)and have him lead his flock of clowns to do something to provoke hate...which is suppose to be against the fictional xtian way of life.:rolleyes: They want to continue the killings to feed the "THING" they serve.:yes: MOST OF THESE FOOLS HAVE NO CLUE OF WHAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY A PART OF.:smh:

JD Walker

Star
Registered
and burning the Qu'ran accomplishes this how?

If you think someone needs to change, how does spitting in their face help the situation?

It's been about ~ 2000 years. You really think them savages are going to change?

That was rhetorical BTW. Now, again, I think the quran burning is dumb but muslims need to understand that they can't go around threatening people's lives without repercussions and consequences.