Tony Gwynn, passed away today

Timdawg187

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tony Gwynn, who banged out 3,141 hits during a Hall of Fame career spanning 20 seasons with the San Diego Padres, has died, it was announced Monday.

The lefty-swinging Gwynn had a career .338 batting average, won eight National League batting titles, and played in the franchise's only two World Series.

He had been signed to a one-year contract extension as the baseball coach at San Diego State on June 11. He had been on medical leave since late March while recovering from cancer treatment. He took over the program at his alma mater after the 2002 season.

R.I.P :(

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WOW! RIP to an all time great.

He was a classy player and an excellent role model for hitting techniques.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
WOW.

I was just thinking about this cat the other day. Greatest San Diego Padre ever! Greatest contact hitter ever. I know his good friend Barry Bonds is crushed about this.

RIP TONY!

gwynn0006_20100210417.gif

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Man this was my dude when I played baseball!

Lifetime .330 average.....tremendous hitter...8 batting titles.... Even came close to hitting .400 for a season :eek: this dude was a BEAST!

Rest in peace sir.....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
Dude hit baseballs like a billiards players hit pool balls.

He always had weight problems.

Make a stocky for the greatest hitter ever..........EVER!

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
cancer is a mutha fucka man...

we can do all this shit and cant cure that bitch...wtf...:angry:

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
Man this was my dude when I played baseball!

Lifetime .330 average.....tremendous hitter...8 batting titles.... Even came close to hitting .400 for a season :eek: this dude was a BEAST!

Rest in peace sir.....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Same with me.....him Griffey were one and two with me........I know he was fighting brain cancer. He said it came from chewing Tabaco

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Same with me.....him Griffey were one and two with me........I know he was fighting brain cancer. He said it came from chewing Tabaco

it was salivary gland cancer. he even had a few surgeries while he was playing to remove stuff from his mouth :smh: i wonder when MLB will ban dip

gwynn.tony_.san_.diego_.st_.jpg

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
it was salivary gland cancer. he even had a few surgeries while he was playing to remove stuff from his mouth :smh: i wonder when MLB will ban dip

Damn man. That dip shit was such a big part of the baseball culture back then. That cancer shit aint no joke. BGOL brothers stay up on your health game! Shit is real out here!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/24C7ecc3pqk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZhuupC2BWNk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZLuCvI2nkjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

mexico

Rising Star
Registered
Damn shame. Took me by surprise. Tony Gwynn was an artist at the plate and was a goldmine of knowledge on the art of hitting. The .338 lifetime batting average is eye-popping but another stat -- hitting safely in 75% of the games he played :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: ... unbelievable.

Rest In Peace

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/K3hLiyNSISQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JkrlQyN9qQA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Lick

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

First R. I. P. This only confirms to me you must supplement with minerals and vitamins to maintain health. Dr. Joel Wallach could have saved this Bruh... medicine in this Country is big business.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Best contact hitter the game has seen in years. Both he and Kirby Puckett were those guys you look at say, what this chubby dude gonna do?

Bust your shit is what he's going to do.

RIP Tony.