Rising Star
Super Moderator
Toddler dies in hot car after dad refused to let cops break window

By Jackie Salo
October 7, 2020 | 1:32pm | Updated

Enlarge Image

Sidney Deal and his daughter, Sayah

Sidney Deal and his daughter, SayahFacebook

A Las Vegas dad was arrested after he refused to break the window of his new car to save his dying toddler, authorities said.

Sidney Deal, 27, flagged down officers after he left his 1-year-old daughter, Sayah Deal, in a hot car Monday afternoon with the keys inside, the Las Vegas Sun reported.

The officers offered to break the window, call a tow truck or get a locksmith, but Deal declined and asked to call his brother, police said.

After several minutes, the officers smashed the window and pulled out the unresponsive girl, who died at the scene, police said.

The cause of death is pending, but authorities believe she had been trapped in the car for more than an hour.

Detectives interviewed Deal’s brother, who said he received a call from him saying he accidentally locked Sayah in the car, which he claimed had the air conditioning running, news station KVVU reported.

Deal’s brother told police he was confused by the call and quickly headed to his home.

When he got there, the brother immediately wrapped his shirt around his hand and offered to punch out the window, authorities said.

But Deal stopped him and claimed he didn’t have enough money to fix a broken window, the outlets reported. He instead dispatched his brother to call their mom to have her insurance company send a locksmith.

Deal’s girlfriend also told police she called the insurance company for him, but he told her to hang up when he didn’t agree with the price quoted for a tow truck, the Las Vegas Sun reported.

He was booked into the Clark County Detention Center on one count of child abuse or neglect causing substantial bodily harm, the outlet reported. He is being held on $20,000 bond.

1602107544675.png

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm confused as to why the cops were waiting for permission to break the window. Is there some sort of weird law in Vegas that doesn't allow cops to break a window in an emergency?

why were the cops that willing to seek compliance that they would allow this baby to slowly die right in front of them only to arrest the dude after the fact?

Edit:

Ok after re-reading it, it makes a little more sense, if the car was actually running with the air conditioner on. I can understand the lack of urgency if they thought the air conditioner was keeping her cool. At least, I hope that was the case.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
thats bullshit tho....them cops should be in trouble too, they

should know better....... why they waited so long to break the window,

fuck what the bruh said... he obviously didnt realize how serious

the situation was...

He worried about the broken window... I mean its vegas not south dakota, Im sure he can drive around a few weeks till he gets the money up...without freezing to death....

how much is a fuckin window five hundred... I mean cmon... your daughters life for a few hundred dollars??

the cops were present and failed to make the right call untill it was too late

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm confused as to why the cops were waiting for permission to break the window. Is there some sort of weird law in Vegas that doesn't allow cops to break a window in an emergency?

why were the cops that willing to seek compliance that they would allow this baby to slowly die right in front of them only to arrest the dude after the fact?

thats EXACTLY what Im sayin...

where was all that authority that gets bestowed on them....??

oh they only use that authority to murder moorish americans...

Oh ok... I can see clearly now