Tisha Campbell & Duane Martin call it quits

EchoCrash

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
That can’t be true and if it is that’s foul on Dwayne
How and why?
Tisha seeing “Martin” and “My Wife and Kids” residuals, so why her financial stability anyone else’s responsibility but her own? Unless he was extorting her or some other shit.
I am still waiting for someone to explain how people stop being responsible adults once their marriage ends and need spousal support and other amenities that were apart of being a married couple.
But to your point, if he had his hand in her pocket and left her destitute - he’s wack for that.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tisha has to be getting money from Martin alone to keep her straight. They play reruns of that shit on multiple stations. Stop lying and tell the truth.
contracts can be fucked....royalties don't go on forever...give you an example Gilligan's island is enduring...bob Denver said he only had a contract for royalties for a few years after that...by the resurgence of popularity of that show in the 80s NONE of those actors were getting paid for that.

This is the same mistake people made with that actor from the Cosby show who was caught working at a grocery store....dude was a supporting character on a show from 30 years ago...what do you think his deal was concerning royalties? On top of that, the value of the show tanked the second Cosby got convicted.

the vast majority of actors don't get sweetheart deals and don't get paid as much as you would think...

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tisha has to be getting money from Martin alone to keep her straight. They play reruns of that shit on multiple stations. Stop lying and tell the truth.

That all depends on the contract she signed. You can sell those rights for upfront money as I understand it. Residuals on reruns decrease every year as well so over time you get less money. The only time these guys get a bump is if the Content goes to a new medium. DVD/Bluray offered up an opportunity for old school TV stars to share in revenue for old work several decades old. I remember hearing a cast member from Gilligan's island talking about signing away residuals on reruns for money upfront but being able to get some compensation on the new medium.

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
How and why?
Tisha seeing “Martin” and “My Wife and Kids” residuals, so why her financial stability anyone else’s responsibility but her own? Unless he was extorting her or some other shit.
I am still waiting for someone to explain how people stop being responsible adults once their marriage ends and need spousal support and other amenities that were apart of being a married couple.
But to your point, if he had his hand in her pocket and left her destitute - he’s wack for that.
lets all pretend that she does not have friends family or a manager that look out for her

Mr. ISM

Official Ol' Head
BGOL Investor
residuals decrease in amount as the years go on...any money she is getting from martin is not as big as you think...the majority of syndicated shows money goes to the creator.

Mr. ISM

Official Ol' Head
BGOL Investor
It’s more than 7 fucking dollars! :roflmao:
take into account the rigors of trying to keep up a lifestyle that they couldn't afford for a long time...my wife and kids ended 15 years ago 22 years for martin...she ain't been making that kinda money in a minute...she might have been actually broke

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
take into account the rigors of trying to keep up a lifestyle that they couldn't afford for a long time...my wife and kids ended 15 years ago 22 years for martin...she ain't been making that kinda money in a minute...she might have been actually broke

Hey not doubt they were broke, they owed 15 million dollars to creditors!

But 7 dollars though?:smh:

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
contracts can be fucked....royalties don't go on forever...give you an example Gilligan's island is enduring...bob Denver said he only had a contract for royalties for a few years after that...by the resurgence of popularity of that show in the 80s NONE of those actors were getting paid for that.

This is the same mistake people made with that actor from the Cosby show who was caught working at a grocery store....dude was a supporting character on a show from 30 years ago...what do you think his deal was concerning royalties? On top of that, the value of the show tanked the second Cosby got convicted.

the vast majority of actors don't get sweetheart deals and don't get paid as much as you would think...
Elvin wasn't a regular though

nellj

Ba Weep Granah Weep ni-ni bong
BGOL Gold Member
Most actors after making a certain amount of money form a loan out company. Basically , monies are paid to that loan out company then to themselves. So while the S-corp Duane Martin and Tisha Campbell owed millions snd were broke, their personal monies and assets were good. I’m sure Martin residuals were paid to her loan out thrn used foe creditors (definitely not much at this point,probably a few thousand). Just my guess. Also, I worked with her a few years ago on Dr.Ken. Shes a sweet heart, but a hard pass for me.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
That can’t be true and if it is that’s foul on Dwayne
$7.00 dollars......WTF???
They both were broke. This is why she made it a point to not say Dwayne left her with nothing. I remember when they were doing the reality show, they both talked about this. They admitted to living extravagantly, helping too many people, the lack of regular work, not saving or investing, renting homes instead of purchasing, among other things. She let herself go not realizing that her "looks" were her asset. Once that vanished, it was a wrap. There is only room for one Precious.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They both were broke. This is why she made it a point to not say Dwayne left her with nothing. I remember when they were doing the reality show, they both talked about this. They admitted to living extravagantly, helping too many people, the lack of regular work, not saving or investing, renting homes instead of purchasing, among other things. She let herself go not realizing that her "looks" were her asset. Once that vanished, it was a wrap. There is only room for one Precious.
^^^^ then there's the other aspect....MOST PEOPLE ARE BAD WITH MONEY... :smh: :smh: :smh: