Throwback Music: Frank Ski - There's Some Whores in This House (What yall KNOW about dis here? Take em to the CLUB)

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Frank ski is still at V-103 right? Damn shame how they had to let Wanda go but they did it to themselves

sinsay

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Frank Ski used to be the main DJ/host on V-103 in Baltimore back in the day, those club songs were an every night rotation in the evening back in the late 80’s/early 90’s.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
I always felt a certain way about Frank Ski taking old school Florida music and making house music.

I shouldn't.......but I did.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor

1320202224_1236862295_black_guy_dancing.gif

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
What's an example of old school Flordia music?
Regarding old school Florida music, there is so much and it depends on what you want to listen to, there is classic R&B like Michael Sterling. There are predecessors to Rick Ross and Trick Daddy like The Poison Clan and Home Team. Cats who did Bass music like Clay D, Magic Mike, and the Splat Pack.

The crazy thing is, although Hip Hop started in NY, Florida has been putting out rap music since the early 80's as well.

Here is some history:

The Doo Doo Brown joint started with Two Live Crew's song called C'Mon Babe (1989). This is where the famous "Doo Doo Brown" break beat comes from. On the Frank Ski song, he samples that song. The guy saying "Doo Doo Brown" is Brother Marquis from Two Live. In 1991, Luke released I Wanna Rock (Doo Doo Brown) and put out his solo album featuring the Two Live Crew in 1992 which had I Wanna Rock (Doo Doo Brown) Frank Ski's version came out in 1991 after the single. His full album came in 1992.

Hoes in This House is an Uncle Al joint that was released in 1991. His album was released in 1993. By this time Frank Ski who lived in Miami dropped his partner from his group and released "whores in this house" in late 1993.