Those Interested In A Career In Investment Banking - Worst Video Resume Ever!

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
This guy tried to get a job with UBS in Investment Banking by submitting this video along with his application ... of course he was turned down and then it was forwarded to every major bank.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/e1336748NgyMqyG <-embed help from the coding masters, please.

This is an example of exactly what NOT to do ... ever! He tried to overly impress and ended up coming off like a jack-ass psychopath.

Dude's name is Aleksey Vayner and he's currently the laughing stock of the investing world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impossible_is_Nothing_(video_résumé)

http://www.ivygateblog.com/tag/aleksey-vayner/

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Dude was saying some decent shit...but I don't see what the fukk any of it had to do with interviewing for the job...he was basically selling himself moreso than applicable job experience...weird...different...possibly suffers from megalomania... :lol:

BS2011

Star
Registered
I don't see anything wrong with his resume. UBS is a crap company anyways. With all the writeoffs those niggas are doing I bet homeboy is glad he didn't get the job. Dude is a Renaissance Man. LOL :lol:

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
I don't see anything wrong with his resume. UBS is a crap company anyways. With all the writeoffs those niggas are doing I bet homeboy is glad he didn't get the job. Dude is a Renaissance Man. LOL :lol:

Eh, don't just point the finger at UBS. Everyone got burnt.

cmb-BS_2_dollars--450.jpg

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
Dude was saying some decent shit...but I don't see what the fukk any of it had to do with interviewing for the job...he was basically selling himself moreso than applicable job experience...weird...different...possibly suffers from megalomania... :lol:

You said it yourself ... and that was the problem.

SupremoDivino

Asked HNIC to ban me - See Ya
I connected with what dude was saying. Shit, that sounded like me. :D

Most of the people I deeply respect are megalomaniacs. Hell, if you ask me, Barack is a megalomaniac. How so?

- First off, to truly believe you can become the president ..... when you stop and think about it, that shit isn't normal. You self-confidence has to be so cemented, that public opinion ..... well, you saw Barack brush that shit off his shoulders, lol.

- To believe you can become the first BLACK president, despite the fact that many believe you will get capped, or stand no chance of winning...

:lol::lol:

That dude is on some next shit, mentally. :lol:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I connected with what dude was saying. Shit, that sounded like me. :D

Most of the people I deeply respect are megalomaniacs. Hell, if you ask me, Barack is a megalomaniac. How so?

- First off, to truly believe you can become the president ..... when you stop and think about it, that shit isn't normal. You self-confidence has to be so cemented, that public opinion ..... well, you saw Barack brush that shit off his shoulders, lol.

- To believe you can become the first BLACK president, despite the fact that many believe you will get capped, or stand no chance of winning...

:lol::lol:

That dude is on some next shit, mentally. :lol:

There's truth in what you say...but it's also in how one conveys it...Barack has achieved far more than this kid ever will and you will never see him express himself in such a self-serving manner...I mean I agree the kid made some great points but at the end of the day who the fukk is he...and the showboating video underlies what was a pretty decent message...

SupremoDivino

Asked HNIC to ban me - See Ya
There's truth in what you say...but it's also in how one conveys it...Barack has achieved far more than this kid ever will and you will never see him express himself in such a self-serving manner...I mean I agree the kid made some great points but at the end of the day who the fukk is he...and the showboating video underlies what was a pretty decent message...

True indeed, but...

I wouldn't hire a dude like that, anyway. People like that will eventually come for your job. ;)

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
True indeed, but...

I wouldn't hire a dude like that, anyway. People like that will eventually come for your job. ;)

Yeah he's a confident kid...but a little too much so...and people will see him and his intentions a mile away and try to shut him down in advance...

BoyJupiter

Star
Registered
Now THAT is hilarious. So...in all of that....I have no idea why he should get the job. He didn't reference once how his skills, motivation, etc. would tie into his benefactor within a specific function of investment banking.

Nadda

Dert Bagg

Star
Registered
No, by "currently" I mean the last time I gave your mother's face a fresh coat of my man juice. ;)

Lame lies on your dick aside, that sounds about right.
She was cremated two years ago... so even your 'jokes' are lost in time.

Last edited:

TheDynasty

Certified Genius
BGOL Investor
..INVESTMENT BANKING JOBS ARE BEING ZEROED OUT BY MANY COMPANIES, THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO BE TRYING TO GET A JOB LIKE THAT RIGHT NOW, HE WOULD BE BETTER OFF BEING A FINANCIAL ADVISER OR ANALYST..

Heist

Rising Star
Registered
..INVESTMENT BANKING JOBS ARE BEING ZEROED OUT BY MANY COMPANIES, THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO BE TRYING TO GET A JOB LIKE THAT RIGHT NOW, HE WOULD BE BETTER OFF BEING A FINANCIAL ADVISER OR ANALYST..

Yes and no. If you're not an earner and dead weight, you're being cut out.

High finance is truly one of the last pay for performance, eat what you kill businesses.

But you need to be equal parts aggressive and polished. It's a delicate balance.

Huns and sharks will eventually get eaten themseleves or create an island of themselves and no one will work with them.

Mr. Nice Guys will get eaten by the sharks.

Dert Bagg

Star
Registered
My condolences.
It was good while it lasted though.

You son of a bitch. :lol:

...thought I might 've had you with the dead mom bit. :cool:

But for real, that shit is old as hell.
They ran shit on cable news for weeks when it leaked.

And this movie is
also wack:

images