This is my Country

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5m4O6cq8oE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R5m4O6cq8oE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pPnQsYxOcs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pPnQsYxOcs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cruise

Star
Registered
This is kind of sad.

2 African-American governors (1 wasn't elected)
1 African-American/White President
0 African-American Senators (out of 100)

Yeah, this country really represents the interests of non-whites. :rolleyes:

Cruise

Star
Registered
Let's be realistic about this...

Now, whose country is this?

Cruise

Star
Registered

Cruise

Star
Registered

Cruise

Star
Registered

Cruise

Star
Registered

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

Please don't confuse my comments with the term "Perfection" which is implied by your statements.

As you said, let's be realistic about this:

• This country is <u>not</u> perfect (no where near); but YOU name one that is ???

• What other country "in this universe" is there which offers to you the same or near same possiblities of economic success ???

• What other country is there that provides YOU the same or better level of security while at the same time providing YOU with the same or better protection of your civil liberties ???

My family, myself and my children all own an interest in this country: by birth; by Constitutional inheritance; and by our own efforts. I am not happy with where we are; I don't think the election of Barack Obama is a bright line of demarcation from our past to our future (in fact, its just another step); and I don't think that suddenly, everything is alright.

There is a point from this point where we can all look back and see the difference from whence we've come. There is also a point, from this point, that we can all look forward and see that the more perfect union is still, a ways in the forming.

But if YOU can tell me which country offers my family and my children what this one (the one we "own and interest in") does, and I'll consider strongly making that move.

In the meantime, whose country is it? -- Its mine, its ours, its yours -- with all its imperfections. And, its mine, ours and yours to make better.

QueEx

HandsSolo2K5

Star
Registered
Please don't confuse my comments with the term "Perfection" which is implied by your statements.

• This country is <u>not</u> perfect (no where near); but YOU name one that is ???

• What other country "in this universe" is there which offers to you the same or near same possiblities of economic success ???

• What other country is there that provides YOU the same or better level of security while at the same time providing YOU with the same or better protection of your civil liberties ???

My family, myself and my children all own an interest in this country: by birth; by Constitutional inheritance; and by our own efforts. I am not happy with where we are; I don't think the election of Barack Obama is a bright line of demarcation from our past to our future (in fact, its just another step); and I don't think that suddenly, everything is alright.

There is a point from this point where we can all look back and see the difference from whence we've come. There is also a point, from this point, that we can all look forward and see that the more perfect union is still, a ways in the forming.

But if YOU can tell me which country offers my family and my children what this one (the one we "own and interest in") does, and I'll consider strongly making that move.

In the meantime, whose country is it? -- Its mine, its ours, its yours -- with all its imperfections. And, its mine, ours and yours to make better.

QueEx

Damn:eek:

Cruise

Star
Registered
This is what scares the hell out of me!

I'm reading the main board and talking to people around town and listening to family and friends.

Everyone acts like the fight has been won and now it's okay to trust the honkeys.

Danger lies down that path.

It seems you have already convinced yourself the US is the best and only option in the world.

Canada, Costa Rica, South Africa, Gambia, Dominican Republic come to mind as some possibilities for safety, prosperity, and a bright future. Some would include Brazil, Kenya, Bermuda, and possibly Australia (I know, honkey central).

For the adventurous, there is Japan, Singapore, and Venezuela.

I know people who have lived in all these areas and they have recommended them and raised families there and done well.

Everyone's favorite savior, lived in Indonesia for his most formative years.

If you want to be a well-rounded person, you can't think the United States is the only game in town.

This sudden display of patriotism, idealism, and naivete from slave descendants after hundreds of years of mistreatment, abuse, and exploitation because a half-white guy is President is a scary thought.

We settle too easily and are bought for too little.

If this is how quickly we'll sell out our interests and convictions, then we are destroying the chance for peace and prosperity for our family and friends in this country you seem to think we already have.

MaccaM

Potential Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

QueEx

That my brother, was beautiful and well stated.

MaccaM

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
One. Dont lie, I didn't so much as intimate that "the fight has been won and now it's okay to trust the honkeys." If you read my words, you could not have so concluded. On the contrary, I said just the opposite.

Two: I don't think you named the "where YOU/we would be economically prosperous countries (even though neither of us defined prosperous).

Three: Not one of the "security countries" you named can or does provide for its own external security and persons of African descent are treated no better (and many instances worse) in the countries you named. I have foreign living-experience as well and I have certainly witnessed good treatment abroad. HOWEVER, I would have to do a bit of research to see how people of African descent fair in large numbers as opposed to isolated and insignificant cases/numbers in the countries you named. Do you have any data on that ???

Lastly: I don't mind your skepticism or your lack of trust as they both have been proven to be well founded. I don't think the U.S. is the "Only" game iin town, but I don't think you have in any way proven or shown that it isn't the best. Hence, I am still waiting for you to show, with the evidence, how quality of life is better some place else for people of African descent from the following "Opportunity Perspectives": Health, Education, Economic Well Being and Success, Personal Security and National Security. (AND, not being sarcastic, smart or mean-spirited -- why have you not left ???)

QueEx

Cruise

Star
Registered
One. Dont lie, I didn't so much as intimate that "the fight has been won and now it's okay to trust the honkeys." If you read my words, you could not have so concluded. On the contrary, I said just the opposite.

Two: I don't think you named the "where YOU/we would be economically prosperous countries (even though neither of us defined prosperous).

Three: Not one of the "security countries" you named can or does provide for its own external security and persons of African descent are treated no better (and many instances worse) in the countries you named. I have foreign living-experience as well and I have certainly witnessed good treatment abroad. HOWEVER, I would have to do a bit of research to see how people of African descent fair in large numbers as opposed to isolated and insignificant cases/numbers in the countries you named. Do you have any data on that ???

Lastly: I don't mind your skepticism or your lack of trust as they both have been proven to be well founded. I don't think the U.S. is the "Only" game iin town, but I don't think you have in any way proven or shown that it isn't the best. Hence, I am still waiting for you to show, with the evidence, how quality of life is better some place else for people of African descent from the following "Opportunity Perspectives": Health, Education, Economic Well Being and Success, Personal Security and National Security. (AND, not being sarcastic, smart or mean-spirited -- why have you not left ???)

QueEx

First, I shouldn't have said everyone. My comment wasn't specifically directed at what you wrote but more a general observation. It would have been better to say many people (besides yourself) seem to think the country has instantly changed into this magical land of equal opportunity and color blindness.

Second, those countries were named because they are all places I (or many slave descendants) should consider living, if things get too out-of-hand here.

To me, economic prosperity is the reasonable assurance property rights, opportunity for education, health care, personal (family) security, food supply, and energy requirements are met barring significant intrusion OR cost by the government. You notice I didn't mention external security (armies, national security, intelligence agencies).

By this definition, the United States is not a propserous country (though many do propser but at the expense - not to the benefit - of the vast majority of the population).

Third, I can only comment on my personal experiences and those referred to me. While certain countries have a great deal of racism, it is mitigated by the vast opportunities or lack of government interference.

No one country fits all. But, you can probably find one to fit your agenda. This may not be the United States.

Finally, you and I both know it's hard to prove a negative.

Why have I not left?

Well, the time has not come yet! It may never come. But you must be ready and vigilant.

Besides, if I left with my current responsibilities, then people say you are irresponsible.

If you stay, they say you are a hypocrite.

Either way, it is my personal decision and doesn't affect my points about the reactions to President Barack Obama one way or the other.

Personally, I think its better if slave descendants adopt the Chinese model and have operations in every country on the globe.

If things get too bad in one place, we can just set up shop in another with a support system in place.