The Witcher 3 / The Witcher Netflix TV Season 4 announced. Henry Cavill gone, Liam Hemsworth - New Witcher

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Anna Shaffer - Triss

rbqedrm6vmb31.jpg

mrhhk7t8l1641.jpg

Ni1rSV6r79Q0-1VwMXW_teOz7g8aAIElZ5yketIna2I.jpg

q5d4cw35qqb31.jpg

41467624_242772753088143_4986617254410977280_n.jpg

shit!

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Maybe some of yall need to play the games?? I played em and didnt find anything confusing:dunno:..just my 2 cents.

If it's a good adaptation, you dont need to read the books, play the games or have knowledge of anything related to the series. The series should be able to stand on its own without reference material. Indirectly you may have proved the point that the parallel storylines was a bad idea for non fans.

The Witcher had a good first season, but people beyond BGOL believe the timeline jumping was detrimental to the show and possibly caused people to not watch to the end. Speaking for myself I didn't realize they were showing the story for three characters until about episode 3 or 4. At one point I thought Ciri was her mother but we were seeing her in the past as a child. It was an interesting idea, but I dont know if it was executed well.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
If it's a good adaptation, you dont need to read the books, play the games or have knowledge of anything related to the series. The series should be able to stand on its own without reference material. Indirectly you may have proved the point that the parallel storylines was a bad idea for non fans.

The Witcher had a good first season, but people beyond BGOL believe the timeline jumping was detrimental to the show and possibly caused people to not watch to the end. Speaking for myself I didn't realize they were showing the story for three characters until about episode 3 or 4. At one point I thought Ciri was her mother but we were seeing her in the past as a child. It was an interesting idea, but I dont know if it was executed well.
it wasn't executed well at all...you just can't start throwing out all these names and locations and characters with out some world building.. hell sometime they wouldn't even say who the characters were. I know the story from beginning to end and i couldn't even tell who was who most of the time.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought Dandilion is funny...ask me who that is?

Could you have named any other characters not named Geralt, Ciri, Yen, or Tris though??? That's kind of what others are getting at. Loved the show, but some of the critiques are valid. Hell I had to remind myself a few times that Tris wasnt a tall redhead.

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Could you have named any other characters not named Geralt, Ciri, Yen, or Tris though??? That's kind of what others are getting at. Loved the show, but some of the critiques are valid. Hell I had to remind myself a few times that Tris wasnt a tall redhead.
I wasn t lost at all after playing the games

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wasn t lost at all after playing the games

I wasnt really lost per-say. But I can understand how it could've been hard to follow for people. I logged a good 200 hours on 3. And the back and forth threw me a few times. My wife was pausing every 10 minutes asking me who was who. Some shit was obvious. There was only 1 bard of any significance in the game. But some of those other sorcerers I drew a blank on.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
They did a bad job at explaining things for people not familiar with the game. I had to read the wiki couple times to understand whats going on.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Finished watching it the other day.

I’m not familiar with the books or video games so I went into this blindly.

I enjoyed the series. Plenty of graphic violence and action.

My only pet peeve like others have noticed was the time jumping. They should have had a subtitle letting you know exactly what time you were watching. A few times I had to rewind cuz I was thrown off.

Hopefully they won’t repeat that next season.

Good series, looking forward to season 2.

Last edited:

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
i dont know a thing about the books or the game.

i just think its hilarious that the entire world burned down cause 1 mafugga didnt take an oath seriously, and when he decided to the other people involved didnt.

i was highly entertained by this shit.