The Twlight Zone (original) vs The Outer Limits (original)

Which classic show were you feelin' more?

• The Twilight Zone (original)

Votes: 46 83.6%
  • The Outer Limits (original)

Votes: 9 16.4%

• Total voters

Deltronz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Aight, basically, my last poll was created because I'm a big Tales from the Darkside fan.

But it seems folks have fonder memories of these two shows, so this poll seems to make more sense in context of this forum.

Brother Mouzone

Potential Star
Registered
old twilight zone over old outer limits any day,

but the new outer limits was way better than the new twilight zone.

NnubianN

Audio & Video Guru
Registered
I liked TZ better cause it was more entertaining and had a wider range of stories that were more believable. It also had some humorous stories and stories with plenty of irony. TZ made me think a bit more making me wonder if that shit could happen to me
:lol:

Deltronz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've seen a slew of Twilight Zone episodes (old ones), and enjoyed every single one. But I can't recall any of the old Outer Limit episodes, only the newest version.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
twilight zone. I have seen every episode. I can watch them over and over.

Hiei

Star
Registered
i dont remember what show it was tz or OL but i remember this one ep of this guy who was in the army or some shit was captured by some aliens and he had top secret info bout earths plans to defend its self from an alien atk and in jail he was with this chick and he started to like her or w/e and then little by little the aliens made it seam like they was taking the chick and turning her in to one of them (when really the bitch was one of them the whole time) and the nigga told her earths plans while she was still "human" to give her hope and doomed every one to death SILLY BITCH!

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor
Twilight Zone, legendary series, one of my favorite was eps was when the the lady had the nightmare that the earth was lost orbit and was moving towards sun, but when she woke up the earth was actually moving away from the sun. :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

oo yea to serve man it's a cook book :smh::smh::smh: gave me nightmares

NnubianN

Audio & Video Guru
Registered
oo yea to serve man it's a cook book :smh::smh::smh: gave me nightmares
I was scared shitless! I musta been around 10 when I first saw that. It was a week before I went anywhere near the kitchen! :lol:

One of my favorites was the Gremlin ripping up the wing of that airplane with William Shatner. No one could see it but him. Everyone thought he was nuts. As the show as going off Shatner was strapped to a gurney about to be taken to his rubber room. Rod was narrating as the camera pulled back to reveal the damaged wing :eek:

TimRock

BGOL Investor
The creepiest one to me was the one with the lady sitting in the bus station and she starts seeing herself everywhere. That shit was creepy. And the ones that were done in the different format (the one with the little boy who could talk to his dead grandmother and the one about the lady being taken to the morgue). The visual alone was creepy.

Another favorite is "will the real martian please stand up".

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Twilight Zone for sure.

But after the T-Zone Rod Serling came up with another show called "Night Gallery." It wasn't on long, but some of those episodes were scary as hell to me as a kid!

t3m.2

Star
BGOL Investor
Twilight Zone for sure.

But after the T-Zone Rod Serling came up with another show called "Night Gallery." It wasn't on long, but some of those episodes were scary as hell to me as a kid!

That shit was scary when I was a kid I remember Night Gallery being in color. I don't know if it was only a bay area thing but they use to have this show called Creature Feature that showed all the old horror movies.

J-BOOGIE

Star
Registered
When it comes to this chamber? Rod Serling is GOD!!!

You ever wonder why only ONE of those Old School Planet of the Apes films were really any good? Because Rod was involved!!!

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
i dont remember what show it was tz or OL but i remember this one ep of this guy who was in the army or some shit was captured by some aliens and he had top secret info bout earths plans to defend its self from an alien atk and in jail he was with this chick and he started to like her or w/e and then little by little the aliens made it seam like they was taking the chick and turning her in to one of them (when really the bitch was one of them the whole time) and the nigga told her earths plans while she was still "human" to give her hope and doomed every one to death SILLY BITCH!

i remember that episode..it was from the OL remake and starred robert patrick as the pilot who snitched on the human race :lol:

some of the old TZ episodes i liked were Time Enough At Last(w/ burgess meredith),What's in The Box w/ dude who played uncle charlie on My Three
Sons(lol @ the wife going crazy "YONKERS,YONKERS,YONKERS!!!") and the one with jack klugman as th etrumpet player(forgot the title)

TimRock

BGOL Investor
i remember that episode..it was from the OL remake and starred robert patrick as the pilot who snitched on the human race :lol:

some of the old TZ episodes i liked were Time Enough At Last(w/ burgess meredith),What's in The Box w/ dude who played uncle charlie on My Three
Sons(lol @ the wife going crazy "YONKERS,YONKERS,YONKERS!!!") and the one with jack klugman as th etrumpet player(forgot the title)

Jack Klugman had a few. The one where he played Pool was good too. And "In Praise of Pip". I forgot the name of the one you are talking about. How about the one with dude from I Dream of Jeanie, that could read peoples minds.

cbm_redux

Star
Registered
Come on, man! I loved The Outer Limits, but The Twilight Zone was, as the kids say, on some nonpareil shit.

cbm_redux

Star
Registered
Twilight Zone for sure.

Yeah, "Night Gallery" (along with "Kolchak: The Night Stalker") scared the shit out of me too. Twilight Zone was special in that it would have you scared one minute, laughing the next and, a little later, on the verge of tearing-up. I watched "One for the Angels" last night, and it took a brotha through an emotional wringer.

Twilight Zone: One for the Angels

DJB10

Rising Star
Registered
Twilight Zone EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!! i also fucks w/ Alfred Hitchcock Presents. but because those were moreso "real situations", i think Twilight Zone was better.

DJB10

Rising Star
Registered
Three of my Favorite episodes

Tz-midsun.jpg

The Midnight Sun

Synopsis: The Earth has left its orbit and is now heading towards the sun. An artist, Norma, and her landlady, Mrs. Bronson, are the last people in their building, the rest having moved north where it is cooler, (or, presumably, died from the heat). They try to keep each other company as electricity is rationed and food and water are scrounged for, but the landlady collapses and dies. The thermometer creeps past 140 degrees, and shatters. As her oil paintings melt from the heat, Norma screams and also collapses.

The scene cuts to the apartment at night. In the darkness outside, it's snowing. Norma is bedridden with a high fever, and attended by Mrs. Bronson and a doctor. She was actually only dreaming that the Earth was moving towards the sun. In reality, the Earth is moving away from the Sun, which will eventually cause everything to freeze over.

List of The Twilight Zone episodes[/SIZE][/B]

this one was my shit.
click the links to watch
also "The Silence".
250px-The_Silence_(The_Twilight_Zone).jpg

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6361952nFCFNWke

"Shadow Play" THIS ONE IS FUCKIN CRAZY!!!!
S5pJWGnJ-e1CdSXyj1O6ow.jpg

http://www.cbs.com/classics/the_twi...VsX_Bqh4OmDR9OIEOLe4Gzh4TqZ5V8&play=true&cc=1

"Quality of Mercy"
3qualityof.jpg

http://www.cbs.com/classics/the_twi...FMR5_OodTLXzSg4YR_3QBtdrb3K3Rw&play=true&cc=2

"Back there" this one makes you think
UwhFBnzSfNTd-hyBqOcVGw.jpg

http://j00.st/UwhFBnzSfNTd-hyBqOcVGw.jpg

Last edited:

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
tweet-el, deet ell, du du dum...Twilight Zone>>>The episode where aliens invaded and their message was misunderstood, reality was motivation or means for survival was humans, as nutrition...:eek:

DJB10

Rising Star
Registered
Yonkers, Harry, Yonkers!

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/v/uqDkxtIUGIg&hl=en[/flash]

JEEZUS!!!!!!! some of these give me the chills, that being one of them. the other one is the one w/ William Shatner on the plane. the monster looks weak now but it's kinda burned in my mind. notice how i'm NOT posting a pic :lol:

Lesane Crooks

Support BGOL
Registered
old twilight zone over old outer limits any day,

but the new outer limits was way better than the new twilight zone.

I have almost all eps of the above series and thats the first thought that came to me too. Id go farther to say the new Outer Limits is even better than the old TZ and every other theme based scifi series. Make no mistake though Rod Serling was way ahead of his time. The old Outer Limts was mostly creature feature type ish. Doesnt rock your mind like "5 Characters in Search of an Exit".