
Man, I hope this shit ain't true. This seemed like such a smashing success and I'd hate to think that shit is gonna fall apart at the seams over shady fuckery.Whoa![]()


The Turkey Leg Hut is being sued. They have a location butted up against residential apartment buildings and have drawn complaints about the smoke. A lawsuit was filed.
Tariq has gotten a hold of the story and made it out to be "some mammy with no bottom teeth" trying to destroy this young couples business for the WS. The muhfucka is waay off from what I see in the news clip. It's as though he didn't even look at the news clip, only paying attention to the press conference from the owner. He's off the mark like a muhfucka.
Were they blindsided? Maybe, but given the location, I don't see how they couldn't have foreseen needing to make adjustments and renovations at THAT location.
39:00 - 49:00
You know they want that area when they try to rename the shit...As someone who lives in Houston this lawsuit is still suspect to me & I question who's really behind it. There's a popular cac owned bbq spot here called the pit room that is packed with a line everyday like Turkey leg hut. The pit room is also in a upscale white neighborhood right next to cac homes. They smoke their meats early everday & I know for a fact that neighbors can smell it but of course no law suits or complaints ever.
The pit room is just one example but there are a number of bbq restaurants nestled all around in neighborhoods here with strong aroma.
This lawsuit can open a can of worms for other restaurant in other neighborhoods. I just find it very interesting with the optics of a popular back restaurant in a gentrified area that's being taken over by whites.
Thanks for the first hand info. So many places have strict zoning laws and restrictions, but I thought in Texas, you have loose reins on what you can't do on your own property.As someone who lives in Houston this lawsuit is still suspect to me & I question who's really behind it. There's a popular cac owned bbq spot here called the pit room that is packed with a line everyday like Turkey leg hut. The pit room is also in a upscale white neighborhood right next to cac homes. They smoke their meats early everday & I know for a fact that neighbors can smell it but of course no law suits or complaints ever.
The pit room is just one example but there are a number of bbq restaurants nestled all around in neighborhoods here with strong aroma.
This lawsuit can open a can of worms for other restaurant in other neighborhoods. I just find it very interesting with the optics of a popular back restaurant in a gentrified area that's being taken over by whites.
Thanks for the first hand info. So many places have strict zoning laws and restrictions, but I thought in Texas, you have loose reins on what you can't do on your own property.
My wife was asthmatic and sensitive to certain fragrances and certainly tobacco smoke, but grilling and wood smoke didn't bother her like that.
Do you suspect that the TLH is being pressured to relocate? If gentrification is coming, those same tenants will soon be following if that IS the case.
I think that's the ultimate motive to force them to move. That area is unique because gentrification has been happening a while there with development of expensive modern style homes for cacs. The problem is that there's still a good amount of black businesses such as bars restaurants and even a black owned gym in that area.
A good friend of mine owns a smoothie shop in the gym that is walking distance from TLH. Night and social life in that area is mainly still centered around black folks and that's where the friction is. Cacs don't want that mixture especially in prime real estate where they're moving into. Fuck them tho, I hope more of us move into that area or the remaining stay.
Thanks for the first hand info. So many places have strict zoning laws and restrictions, but I thought in Texas, you have loose reins on what you can't do on your own property.
My wife was asthmatic and sensitive to certain fragrances and certainly tobacco smoke, but grilling and wood smoke didn't bother her like that.
Do you suspect that the TLH is being pressured to relocate? If gentrification is coming, those same tenants will soon be following if that IS the case.
TLH will be ok. They are making enough to remedy the situation. All they probably need to do is enclose the smokers and channel the smoke to a single stack that rises above the houses.
Zoning laws are community to community, not state to state. HOUSTON TEXAS HAS NO ZONING. Now, individual communities can have deed restrictions, but those restrictions in communities as old as third ward have lapsed and it takes a lot to reenact them. You are correct about doing pretty what you want on your property, but that isn't the case here because the smoke isn't just on their property, but also their neighbors.
And I for one think the food is good as a muhfucka.....and you can buy cocktails while standing in line so by the time you sit you tipsy and the music is good and it is a great vibe all around.