Star
Registered

The Truth About The Sphinx 1: African Origins

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/-daBOKyF4yM[/FLASH]

Truth about the Sphinx 2: Antediluvian Existence

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/v/LO9mFoDkj8o&feature=related[/flash]

Truth About the Sphinx 3: 30+,000 Years Old
[flash]http://www.youtube.com/v/FiLErTapJlM&feature=related[/flash]

so uuuh, how far does the existence of a high society in Egypt really go back?......

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
yeah. Even when I was there, the egyptologists were saying there are still alot of mysterious things about the sphinx..including age

smokedacane

Star
Registered
yeah. Even when I was there, the egyptologists were saying there are still alot of mysterious things about the sphinx..including age

The geologist in the vid broke it down pretty good. Although you are more knowledgeable than me on the subject of Egypt, what this vid is laying out is that the Sphinx has to be over 10,000 years old.

If this is the case, there is a big chunk of human history that is mysteriously missing.

What I found very entertaining about the vid, is that you have these Egyptologist that are coming off as if they know more about Egypt's history than the ancient Egyptians themselves.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
^^

gonna watch it later... actually trying to get some work done now... i need to log off of bgol right now lol

Tazirai

Star
Registered
The sphinx is one of the older archaeological sites in the world. But not the only one. there are Hundreds buried in the oceans and underground, all aroudn the world.

Last month History channel aired "Life without people.

It postulated that in 10,000 years of little to no Human intervention, much of our civilization would vanish with no trace of us existing, except for the rare few durable artifacts, like the Pyramids, Mount Rushmore, and Hoover Dam.

smokedacane

Star
Registered
The sphinx is one of the older archaeological sites in the world. But not the only one. there are Hundreds buried in the oceans and underground, all aroudn the world.

Last month History channel aired "Life without people.

It postulated that in 10,000 years of little to no Human intervention, much of our civilization would vanish with no trace of us existing, except for the rare few durable artifacts, like the Pyramids, Mount Rushmore, and Hoover Dam.

Definitely

Like you mentioned, in the span of 10,000 years every remnant of our society was either eroded or unrecognizable.

What may crack this thing open is a serious study and exploration of the remnants of civilizations that have been found beneath the oceans.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
I'm on part 3 now, all I can say is wow! :eek:
I wonder how many kats here understand the full significance of the finding shown on this video?
Gonnna holla back one I get through part three, its acting up a bit slow right now.
But Smoke thanks a million great find, been looking for info on the sphinx for some time!

tdotlocs

Support BGOL
Registered
http://www.egypt-tehuti.org/sphinx.html

General

One can never forget the first glimpse of the Sphinx. It is a common experience among its viewers, to be struck by its presence. It is a masterpiece of artistic composition, with nothing like it on earth. The fusion of the body of the lion with the head of a man resulted in a seemingly singular natural being.

One cannot help but admire this marvelous statue and the nicety of proportion of its head. The mastery of the sculptor is evident in his ability to preserve the exact proportion and balance of every part, (nose, eyes, ears, ...etc.), in a face of such colossal size.

All scholars agree that the Sphinx is a solar symbol. The Sphinx consists of the body of the lion symbolizing the power, in its physical form and the head of man, symbolizing intelligence and consciousness. The significance of the Sphinx is an ongoing debate.

But when was the Sphinx built? And who built it? Many believe the answers are somewhere between 2520-2494 BCE, during the reign of Khafra (Chephren). But these commonly held beliefs are wrong. Let us study the evidence...

The Physical Evidence

The original site, where the Sphinx is located, was a gently sloping plane with an outcrop of harder rock. The head of the Sphinx was carved out of this outcrop. To form the body of the Sphinx, the stone has been quarried away from all around the soon-to-be body.

The main features of the Sphinx are comprised of different geological conditions.

* The head of the Sphinx was made of a hard strata which is resistant to the effects of the natural elements. The present damage to the face was caused by soldiers who used the Sphinx as an artillery target in the 18th century.

* The body of the Sphinx was made of a softer limestone strata which in turn consists of alternate harder and softer layers. These alternate layers are visible on site as weathered corrugation, which is about two feet deep into the bedrock.

* The base of the Sphinx, as well as the bottom of the original quarry site are made of a harder limestone which is resistant to the effects of the natural elements.

The Eroded Body

The question is: what caused the erosion of the body?

There are two possible causes:

* Possible weathering by wind and sand.
Since the body of the Sphinx is located in a hollow, it takes less than twenty years to fill the hollow and cover the body totally. The Sphinx has been covered, for most of its time, by sand since the time it was created thousands of years ago. Therefore the Sphinx was not subject to weathering exposure to wind and sand, instead it was actually protected from such natural elements. Additionally, the concave shape of the corrugation cannot be the result of wind and sand storms.

* Possible water erosion.
Most scholars have resigned themselves to the fact that the water caused the erosion to the body of the Sphinx. Geologists agree that Egypt was subject to severe flooding, at the end of the last Ice Age, c. 15,000-10,000 BCE.

So, if the erosion was caused by water, the Sphinx must have been carved before Egypt was under water i.e. more than 12,000 years ago. This, in turn, is too radical for scholars to swallow, as they prefer not to change their theory that Khafra (Chephren) built the Sphinx. As a result, those unfamiliar with scientific principles, suggested that the ground water, and not direct flooding, caused such erosion.

Never mind the egos, let us study the evidence regarding the cause of this water erosion.

The Repaired Paws

Researchers have found out that the extended front paws of the Sphinx were repaired three times in three distinct operations. The research also concluded that each repair operation was intended to replace or reinforce prior repair operations. In other words, the eroded condition of the paws has never worsened since the earliest repairs were made, i.e. it was a single event, and not a continuous process, which caused this erosion. The question is, what was this single event?

The study by Mark Lehner, Field Director for the American Research Center in Egypt, showed that no substantial damage occurred to the Sphinx since its original weathering event. Lehner wrote:

"It seems necessary to conclude ... that the core-body of the Sphinx was already in a severe state of erosion when the earliest level of masonry was added ....

If we assume that a sand covering would act more to protect than to erode the statue, this leaves less than a millennium, or perhaps half a millennium, for the core to have eroded to the conditions shown by the profiles under the added masonry."

Lehner estimated that the earliest of the three repairs occurred during the New Kingdom. He, however, never provided any historical or physical evidence to support his suggested time era. Some scholars are inclined to believe that the earliest repair was done by Khafra(Chephren) who was more of a restorer of the Sphinx than its builder.

Did the Ground Water Do It?

Many academicians have resigned themselves to the fact that the water caused the erosion to the body of the Sphinx. However, contrary to scientific principles and/or rationale, it was suggested that ground water may have risen, through capillary action, to react with the limestone of the Sphinx body causing this one-time erosion event. After 500 years the ground water dropped back down, and this phenomenon was never to occur again!

The evidence is overwhelming against the ground water theory. Here is why:

* Over the course of thousands of years, the inundation of the Nile had gradually deposited additional silt, on the ground of the Nile valley. Whenever the ground rises, so does the ground water table. It is estimated that the ground water table was thirty feet lower in Khafra's (Chephren’s) time than its present level.
It is impossible for the ground water:
o to rise from a much deeper level than its present level,
o to erode two feet deep channels into the body of the Sphinx, and the walls of the quarry pit, in the span of five hundred years, and
o to drop, after this 500 years, and not ever rise again.

* Additionally, why didn’t this ground water theory have any effect at the following places:
o The bedrock of the quarry pit where the Sphinx rests? This area was never eroded and therefore was naturally never repaired.
o Any other structure which was built during the Old Kingdom, and there are scores of them throughout Egypt?

* The Pyramid (so-called Mortuary) Temple of Khafra (Chephren) stands 150 feet (46m) above the Giza plateau, and had a similar erosion pattern to the body of the Sphinx. There was definitely no ground water in the case of this temple. So how do we explain the similar erosion pattern?

There is no other rational answer except that the water erosion occurred at the end of the last Ice Age c. 15,000-10,000 BCE.

smokedacane

Star
Registered
I'm on part 3 now, all I can say is wow! :eek:
I wonder how many kats here understand the full significance of the finding shown on this video?
Gonnna holla back one I get through part three, its acting up a bit slow right now.
But Smoke thanks a million great find, been looking for info on the sphinx for some time!

No problem fam

Like you said, I don't thing enough people fully understand the magnitude of these findings if they're credible, and the scientific geological backing is strong.

We actually don't know much about our antiquity, and that is alarming.

Again how far does high society go back? Crazy stuff.

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bauval and the other cats have been discredited. This is just another conspiracy theory and how do people love conspiracies because they are sexy.

Now, the pyramids and Sphinx are dated a little older but not by the amount of years as Bauval et al have suggested.

smokedacane

Star
Registered
http://www.egypt-tehuti.org/sphinx.html

General

One can never forget the first glimpse of the Sphinx. It is a common experience among its viewers, to be struck by its presence. It is a masterpiece of artistic composition, with nothing like it on earth. The fusion of the body of the lion with the head of a man resulted in a seemingly singular natural being.

One cannot help but admire this marvelous statue and the nicety of proportion of its head. The mastery of the sculptor is evident in his ability to preserve the exact proportion and balance of every part, (nose, eyes, ears, ...etc.), in a face of such colossal size.

All scholars agree that the Sphinx is a solar symbol. The Sphinx consists of the body of the lion symbolizing the power, in its physical form and the head of man, symbolizing intelligence and consciousness. The significance of the Sphinx is an ongoing debate.

But when was the Sphinx built? And who built it? Many believe the answers are somewhere between 2520-2494 BCE, during the reign of Khafra (Chephren). But these commonly held beliefs are wrong. Let us study the evidence...

The Physical Evidence

The original site, where the Sphinx is located, was a gently sloping plane with an outcrop of harder rock. The head of the Sphinx was carved out of this outcrop. To form the body of the Sphinx, the stone has been quarried away from all around the soon-to-be body.

The main features of the Sphinx are comprised of different geological conditions.

* The head of the Sphinx was made of a hard strata which is resistant to the effects of the natural elements. The present damage to the face was caused by soldiers who used the Sphinx as an artillery target in the 18th century.

* The body of the Sphinx was made of a softer limestone strata which in turn consists of alternate harder and softer layers. These alternate layers are visible on site as weathered corrugation, which is about two feet deep into the bedrock.

* The base of the Sphinx, as well as the bottom of the original quarry site are made of a harder limestone which is resistant to the effects of the natural elements.

The Eroded Body

The question is: what caused the erosion of the body?

There are two possible causes:

* Possible weathering by wind and sand.
Since the body of the Sphinx is located in a hollow, it takes less than twenty years to fill the hollow and cover the body totally. The Sphinx has been covered, for most of its time, by sand since the time it was created thousands of years ago. Therefore the Sphinx was not subject to weathering exposure to wind and sand, instead it was actually protected from such natural elements. Additionally, the concave shape of the corrugation cannot be the result of wind and sand storms.

* Possible water erosion.
Most scholars have resigned themselves to the fact that the water caused the erosion to the body of the Sphinx. Geologists agree that Egypt was subject to severe flooding, at the end of the last Ice Age, c. 15,000-10,000 BCE.

So, if the erosion was caused by water, the Sphinx must have been carved before Egypt was under water i.e. more than 12,000 years ago. This, in turn, is too radical for scholars to swallow, as they prefer not to change their theory that Khafra (Chephren) built the Sphinx. As a result, those unfamiliar with scientific principles, suggested that the ground water, and not direct flooding, caused such erosion.

Never mind the egos, let us study the evidence regarding the cause of this water erosion.

The Repaired Paws

Researchers have found out that the extended front paws of the Sphinx were repaired three times in three distinct operations. The research also concluded that each repair operation was intended to replace or reinforce prior repair operations. In other words, the eroded condition of the paws has never worsened since the earliest repairs were made, i.e. it was a single event, and not a continuous process, which caused this erosion. The question is, what was this single event?

The study by Mark Lehner, Field Director for the American Research Center in Egypt, showed that no substantial damage occurred to the Sphinx since its original weathering event. Lehner wrote:

"It seems necessary to conclude ... that the core-body of the Sphinx was already in a severe state of erosion when the earliest level of masonry was added ....

If we assume that a sand covering would act more to protect than to erode the statue, this leaves less than a millennium, or perhaps half a millennium, for the core to have eroded to the conditions shown by the profiles under the added masonry."

Lehner estimated that the earliest of the three repairs occurred during the New Kingdom. He, however, never provided any historical or physical evidence to support his suggested time era. Some scholars are inclined to believe that the earliest repair was done by Khafra(Chephren) who was more of a restorer of the Sphinx than its builder.

Did the Ground Water Do It?

Many academicians have resigned themselves to the fact that the water caused the erosion to the body of the Sphinx. However, contrary to scientific principles and/or rationale, it was suggested that ground water may have risen, through capillary action, to react with the limestone of the Sphinx body causing this one-time erosion event. After 500 years the ground water dropped back down, and this phenomenon was never to occur again!

The evidence is overwhelming against the ground water theory. Here is why:

* Over the course of thousands of years, the inundation of the Nile had gradually deposited additional silt, on the ground of the Nile valley. Whenever the ground rises, so does the ground water table. It is estimated that the ground water table was thirty feet lower in Khafra's (Chephren’s) time than its present level.
It is impossible for the ground water:
o to rise from a much deeper level than its present level,
o to erode two feet deep channels into the body of the Sphinx, and the walls of the quarry pit, in the span of five hundred years, and
o to drop, after this 500 years, and not ever rise again.

* Additionally, why didn’t this ground water theory have any effect at the following places:
o The bedrock of the quarry pit where the Sphinx rests? This area was never eroded and therefore was naturally never repaired.
o Any other structure which was built during the Old Kingdom, and there are scores of them throughout Egypt?

* The Pyramid (so-called Mortuary) Temple of Khafra (Chephren) stands 150 feet (46m) above the Giza plateau, and had a similar erosion pattern to the body of the Sphinx. There was definitely no ground water in the case of this temple. So how do we explain the similar erosion pattern?

There is no other rational answer except that the water erosion occurred at the end of the last Ice Age c. 15,000-10,000 BCE.

Masterful drop, I read most of it. I think collective egos are getting in the way and many so called Egyptologist can't digest the fact that they really have no clue.

If the Sphinx is over 10,000 years old than it means that the area was settled long before then and a culture and society was already established.

That pretty much destroys the notion that Sumeria is the first recorded civilization and raises so much more questions.

Hell even the culture that presided when The Sphinx was originally constructed may not be the first civilization on Earth.

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
Ok, #1, this show was hosted by Charleston Heston. :hmm: So . . . I think we can figure something out there from the start. Question the true intent of the documentary.

It also, shows in the beginning of this video it shows Arabs as if they REPRESENT Ancient Egyptians. The guy says he sees the same features. :hmm: So it's telling us, that the Ancient Egyptians looked like Arabs.

#2. The show tries to say, the sphinx is not Chephren.

Then it loosely references the Zulu tradition concerning the Nguni people who migrated from Egypt, the Zulus believe in their connection to Cheops, also known as Khufu, brother of GUESS WHO . . . . . . :hmm: . . . . Look it up for yourself.

I will return to speak on more, but I see, some of ya'll jumping on this.

I just wanted ya'll to know, that this doc, though it may raise questions, is not one of reputable integrity.

smokedacane

Star
Registered
Ok, #1, this show was hosted by Charleston Heston. :hmm: So . . . I think we can figure something out there from the start. Question the true intent of the documentary.

It also, shows in the beginning of this video it shows Arabs as if they REPRESENT Ancient Egyptians. The guy says he sees the same features. :hmm: So it's telling us, that the Ancient Egyptians looked like Arabs.

#2. The show tries to say, the sphinx is not Chephren.

Then it loosely references the Zulu tradition concerning the Nguni people who migrated from Egypt, the Zulus believe in their connection to Cheops, also known as Khufu, brother of GUESS WHO . . . . . . :hmm: . . . . Look it up for yourself.

I will return to speak on more, but I see, some of ya'll jumping on this.

I just wanted ya'll to know, that this doc, though it may raise questions, is not one of reputable integrity.

I'm jumping on the signs of water erosion taking place on The Sphinx around 10,000 years ago. That is what I'm mainly focusing on, not the other stuff being orchestrated.

I'm seeing the bigger picture, you seem to be more worried about the stuff you knew may have occurred regardless because of who is producing the documentary.

Also ancient Egypt seemed to have an assortment of different shades of people living in the area, I think you're misinterpreting what he was trying to say.

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
Like you said, I don't thing enough people fully understand the magnitude of these findings if they're credible, and the scientific geological backing is strong.

The geological backing is not strong. Schoch didn't even test if against the properties of the limestone of the Sphinx wind or water would react differently.

He and West, wanted it to be ONE way, so they went looking for something to support their thinking. Whenever one does this, they can find anything.

Schoch never attempted to counter any of the other reasons why the Sphinx has a weathering phenomena, he just wants to say it's water and that's it.

I guess the other working hypotheses, which have been going on longer, I too boring for a show.

:hmm:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Bauval and the other cats have been discredited. This is just another conspiracy theory and how do people love conspiracies because they are sexy.

Now, the pyramids and Sphinx are dated a little older but not by the amount of years as Bauval et al have suggested.

Discredited by who Zahi Hawass and his legion of racist egyptologist who are hell bent on trying to deceive the world to believing that the ancient Egyptians were not black!

Shit I don't need nobody to tell me, just go to any museum and look at the pictures yourself and tell me what color you see, look at the texture of their hair, the fullness of their lips, and the few noses that aren't shot off tell me why they look black also!

The only non black Egyptians you may see are from the Roman-Greco period, which came thousands of years after the great dynasties!
So who should I believe in, the very people themselves who did the carving and made the paintings or the very same people responsible for destroying the noses off of faces of the ancient Egyptian artwork!

Clearly there has been a conspiracy for many years, by the whites to hide and distort the truth of Egypt, the video revealed some reason why!
And if you closely observed it also points out who are behind the conspiracy, by directly taking aim at Dr. Zahi Hawass!

So why should people with a known history of distorting our history have any credibility at all, those kats were knocking the videos claim before all the evidence was presented!

Sorry I am going with the evidence, that seem most plausible, In my opinion the water erosion is the smoking gun, unless someone can refute how it got there I think we gonna have to remodel the history of Egypt!

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
I'm jumping on the signs of water erosion taking place on The Sphinx around 10,000 years ago. That is what I'm mainly focusing on, not the other stuff being orchestrated.

I'm seeing the bigger picture, you seem to be more worried about the stuff you knew may have occurred regardless because of who is producing the documentary.

Also ancient Egypt seemed to have an assortment of different shades of people living in the area, I think you're misinterpreting what he was trying to say.

If you do not interpret, if you do not question, and understand the credentials and the motivations of someone giving you information, they you do not seek the truth of a bigger picture.

Built4Life

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The geological backing is not strong. Schoch didn't even test if against the properties of the limestone of the Sphinx wind or water would react differently.

He and West, wanted it to be ONE way, so they went looking for something to support their thinking. Whenever one does this, they can find anything.

Schoch never attempted to counter any of the other reasons why the Sphinx has a weathering phenomena, he just wants to say it's water and that's it.

I guess the other working hypotheses, which have been going on longer, I too boring for a show.

That is the worst type of scholarship, and this poses a significant problem in this day and age.
First, you can find anything on the internet. Secondly, people love this type of scholarship that goes against conventional scholarhip. Lastly, we depend on scholars to be impartial and report the evidence and not their preconceived notions about a particular subject. When people can find anything on the web that is not peer reviewed then we are bound to fall for any absurd idea that comes along.
I agree with the idea of being a skeptic, but you have to be skeptical with your own skepticism. Don't give one ideology a pass while you are willing to dissect the hell out of something that goes against your world view.

smokedacane

Star
Registered

I think the erosion hypothesis was good, and the time period it occurred matches up with when the last glacial period subsided causing a spike in ocean levels 12,000-10,000. There is no disputing that, geological records prove it.

Also (can't remember his name) gave an examples of the different types of erosion that occur which would signify whether or not it was do to wind/sand vs. water.

What was he supposed to counter? :lol:

Counter the arguments of Egyptologist who think the ancient Egyptians were Caucasian/Arabs. Are you kidding me? There views are even more skewed than his maybe.

The truth of the matter, the actual date of the construction of The Spinx is highly debatable.

smokedacane

Star
Registered
If you do not interpret, if you do not question, and understand the credentials and the motivations of someone giving you information, they you do not seek the truth of a bigger picture.

Shane my man, don't try to interpret how I'm thinking. I know when watching docs like this that there is going to be an amount of historical misrepresentation solely because of who is producing the doc. That is a given.

I'm not using you as an example but when the religious aspects were first introduced in Zeitgeist people totally abandoned the rest of the film when the overall message was so much bigger.

Tazirai

Star
Registered
from my other thread..

The discovery of the underwater remnants off the coast of Japan (which I know you're familiar with) have been speculated to be close to 10,000 years old (maybe older). But what is also interesting is that there is some suggestions that maybe that underwater structure is an ancient port.

for anyone interested...

Flooded Kingdoms of the last Ice Age part 1
http://www.disclose.tv/viewvideo/2750/Flooded_Kingdoms_Of_The_Last_Ice_Age_Pt_1_5/

Flooded Kingdoms of the last Ice Age part 2
http://www.disclose.tv/viewvideo/2751/Flooded_Kingdoms_Of_The_Last_Ice_Age_Pt_2_5/

Flooded Kingdoms of the last Ice Age part 3

http://www.disclose.tv/viewvideo/2752/Flooded_Kingdoms_Of_The_Last_Ice_Age_Pt_3_5/

Flooded Kingdoms of the last Ice Age part 4

http://www.disclose.tv/viewvideo/2753/Flooded_Kingdoms_Of_The_Last_Ice_Age_Pt_4_5/

Flooded Kingdoms of the last Ice Age part 5
http://www.disclose.tv/viewvideo/2754/Flooded_Kingdoms_Of_The_Last_Ice_Age_Pt_5_5/

Tazirai

Star
Registered
id6ko5.jpg

http://flyupload.flyupload.com/?fid=1044554

GO HERE TO AVOID THE CLICK 10 TIMES THING
http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=228361

smokedacane

Star
Registered
^^^^^

I can't be certain Taz, but I think in the Life After People special, they laid out the differences between water erosion and wind/sand.

I'm going to have to watch it again

OnSlaught

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I have to agree with MQ...if the Sphinx was eroded by water over 10,000 yrs ago, then why isn't there evidence of any other egyptian monuments or buildings that have been eroded as well? I tend to believe that the Sphinx was sculpted from an already eroded limestone, that may have been weathered 10,000 yrs ago. More like a relief work, they sculpted the head and paws out of the limestone, not vice versa. There's just no other evidence that supports that the civilization stemmed back that far. The Egyptians kept vast records of almost all of their accounted history, so why wouldn't they do so in this case. I know a lot has been lost, but what we speculate about construction methods with the pyramids is different because that was common knowledge to those people back then...so very little was documented about the methods. However, with dates, they were tedious and methodical.

On a different note, I think it's funny how we ascribe so much power to the Egyptians. I say this because you have to look at the order that we have found things out now that we dig deeper into the past. 1) Indians are the first to document and display use of the concept of zero by Aryabhatta to be exact. It was even recorded in vedic and sanskrit thousands of years before a mathematician picked it up. (plus, they date the universe pretty accurately around and had pretty extensive knowledge about astronomy 2) Pythagores attended university in India and stole their knowledge and claimed it as his own. 3) Most Calculus and trigonometry has its first origins in India 4) The native people of India (those that inhabited the Hindu Kush valley, probably the precursor to the fertile crescent valley, originally) derived from people out of lower East Africa, like those of Sudan and Ethiopia. They have found pyramids as well as other technology that is in comparison with Egyptians in Sudan, albeit on a smaller scale. However, those pyramids go down beneath ground almost for miles. 5) You also have to look at the knowledge that the Dogon and Hogon people possessed about astonomy and mathematics as well. Their knowledge also goes back very far. I think it's wise to give credit where credit is due to all predated cultures.

smokedacane

Star
Registered
I have to agree with MQ...if the Sphinx was eroded by water over 10,000 yrs ago, then why isn't there evidence of any other egyptian monuments or buildings that have been eroded as well

:confused:

I would presume because the other structures weren't yet built when the Sphinx encountered this erosion process.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mystery of the Sphinx - part 1

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/PotS7hPQZTU&rel=1[/FLASH]

Mystery of the Sphinx - part 2

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/lWGwNC0WJE0&rel=1[/FLASH]

Mystery of the Sphinx - part 3

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/PPsAskGCluw&rel=1[/FLASH]

Mystery of the Sphinx - part 4

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/2nSOrDu3B6I&rel=1[/FLASH]

Mystery of the Sphinx - part 5

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/cRaJ_ey6kGA&rel=1[/FLASH]

smokedacane

Star
Registered
Onslaught said:
1) Indians are the first to document and display use of the concept of zero by Aryabhatta to be exact. It was even recorded in vedic and sanskrit thousands of years before a mathematician picked it up. (plus, they date the universe pretty accurately around and had pretty extensive knowledge about astronomy 2) Pythagores attended university in India and stole their knowledge and claimed it as his own. 3) Most Calculus and trigonometry has its first origins in India

You ever heard of the old ancient mythological India tale of The Vimana's?

OnSlaught

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You ever heard of the old ancient mythological India tale of The Vimana's?

You talking about the secret society of the nine unknown men? Yeah, I've heard about it. The crafts that were described to have been built do resemble aircrafts, and some of what we might think of as circular crafts or flying saucers. They were supposed to be spiritual aircraft vessels though.

As far as the other structures not being built, just think about what's being proposed. That means that the first thing an advanced civilization builds is a monument, not a building, fortress, city, but a sphinx? It's hard for me to believe. Also, if their civilization was to predate the ice age flood, that means that their should be other structures that should be standing that survived as well, also showing signs of the erosion. I just think that their needs to be more evidence and greater debate uniformally in order to dispell nonsense and also to account for new findings. Being critical as well as skeptical is not a bad thing.

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
Counter the arguments of Egyptologist who think the ancient Egyptians were Caucasian/Arabs. Are you kidding me? There views are even more skewed than his maybe.

You refuse to look at the motivations of the person giving you the information.

John Anthony West's idea is basically to prove that Ancient Egyptians were basically squatters.

He's just trying to say, Caucasians are top of the food chain, in another manner.

He can wrap it up in his Atlantis Rising shit all he wants, but unlike me, he believes the Atlanteans, of ancient high civilization, in the end, looked like him.

He's been on this shit, for years, since I was born, I've known about it, hell since before he got that show in '93 or so he was on the BBC.

And if you think he seeks the truth, he does not.

You keep talking this bigger picture thing, we'll you need to examine the pixels of said picture before you believe seeing is believing.

I believe in antediluvian civilization, VERY strongly, but West is a Hack. The Sphinx may be older, but he's still gonna be a HACK.

To all those hacks . . .

Icke, Fuck you!

West, Fuck you!

Steven Greer, Fuck you!

Zacarias Sitchin . . . you may be wrong . . . but your kool! :D

An I'm going to be critical of them all, some because of critical thinking, other because they are willing to do unethical things to prove their points.

smokedacane

Star
Registered
You refuse to look at the motivations of the person giving you the information.

John Anthony West's idea is basically to prove that Ancient Egyptians were basically squatters.

He's just trying to say, Caucasians are top of the food chain, in another manner.

He can wrap it up in his Atlantis Rising shit all he wants, but unlike me, he believes the Atlanteans, of ancient high civilization, in the end, looked like him.

He's been on this shit, for years, since I was born, I've known about it, hell since before he got that show in '93 or so he was on the BBC.

And if you think he seeks the truth, he does not.

You keep talking this bigger picture thing, we'll you need to examine the pixels of said picture before you believe seeing is believing.

I believe in antediluvian civilization, VERY strongly, but West is a Hack. The Sphinx may be older, but he's still gonna be a HACK.

To all those hacks . . .

Icke, Fuck you!

West, Fuck you!

Steven Greer, Fuck you!

Zacarias Sitchin . . . you may be wrong . . . but your kool! :D

An I'm going to be critical of them all, some because of critical thinking, other because they are willing to do unethical things to prove their points.

The only thing I refuse to do is listen to people who have obvious agendas like Hawas. Schoch and West may have agendas, but who doesn't?

What can you provide that will change my mind about water erosion from the last glacial period over 10,000 years ago causing The Sphinx erosion?

Last edited: