The Russian Chess move on USA

WorldEX

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We all know the scramble for Africa is on. Now the Russian have pull the biggest potential move.

First
Somalia will soon recognize the independence of South Ossetia and Abkhazia, the two Georgian breakaway regions recently recognized by Russia, the Somali ambassador to Moscow said on Wednesday.
http://en.rian.ru/world/20081001/117366498.html

Then
The Somali government has asked Russia to intervene against pirates who have seized a Ukrainian cargo ship, the Somali ambassador to Russia said Wednesday.
The U.S. Navy released this observance photo of the MV Faina, which is loaded with weapons and tanks.

But the Russian navy issued a statement later in the day saying it had no intention of using force against the pirates, the Russian news agency Interfax reported.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/10/01/Russia.Somalipirates/index.html

If there is problem with USA and western countries.
The Russian now have the Gulf of Aden, which handles 90% of shipment from middle east and they already have Venezuela and Cuba.
They are planning to squeeze themselves into area of importance and cut the steam out of the west influence.

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What makes you think Russia has The Gulf of Aden? and Somalia doesn't even have a real government...

iiishw

wannabe star
Registered
What makes you think Russia has The Gulf of Aden? and Somalia doesn't even have a real government...

:smh:
I won't agree or disagree with WorldEX's larger point of Russia exerting influence, but I have to ask the same question as Thread_Critic.

Russia dealing with one hostage situation doesn't equate to a take over of the whole strait. Those are international waters. At best, Russia could help provide security near and around Somalia and ships linked to their country.

shermstars

Potential Star
Registered
Even more important is the fact that Russia is cozying up with China. This dude Putin is not playing. Russia is on the come up again.

Turbulent

Star
Registered
y'all just don't know. the real come up is Canada. we're about to take over the world on the low.

everything is not what it seems...

shermstars

Potential Star
Registered
y'all just don't know. the real come up is Canada. we're about to take over the world on the low.

everything is not what it seems...

Canada? SIKE! Someone I know has an engineering degree and works at a fucking tollbooth up there. And this is in a major city. Canada aint doing shit.

WorldEX

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Canada? SIKE! Someone I know has an engineering degree and works at a fucking tollbooth up there. And this is in a major city. Canada aint doing shit.

We Canadian got the game locked too. we have all the resources.
1. Most of the world's oil Reserves-we are US biggest oil exporter.
2. most of the world's Fresh Water.
3. Do we need to talk about food???

Anyhow this thread is not about Canada. Back to topic, Russia is making damn good moves,and is beating USA on all fronts on the political game.